Firmament - Chapter 1

Oh my, Unexpected Aestival reference.

1 Like

I mean… what else exactly are you going to do with it in the meantime? I doubt you plan to sell it, so if you don’t use it to access the shaping chamber then it essentially has no value to you. By the time more uses for it are added, I assume new sources will also be introduced.

1 Like

Fair enough, I suppose. I will stock up on warm amber to buy it back, I suppose

And the initial reference for those who missed it: The East - Fallen London Wiki.

3 Likes

Which is of course further alluded to by the newly available compass, which I’ve just bought along with the fancy new shadowy luggage.

Of course! How else would you expect to travel East? The first step in preparations that will take more than a century.

1 Like

I’m saddened to hear that you don’t think Firmament is up to snuff; I hope you’ll ride it out to see what’s in store further into the story.

Yes please to reporting errors, it’s very kind if you spot something and have a moment to submit a ticket. We have a quality analysis process which means more than one member of staff checks over every word before a story is published, but of course we won’t always catch everything. :)

Just to be sure, I’ve looked at every ticket we received on the 12th of April and best I can tell we didn’t receive one from you, though I can see your previous ones. Feel free to re-send it if you’d like!

5 Likes

So if I got this right, we can only have up to two of the new boons active at once, any attempt to get more will “only” result in loot.

Yes, but not any combination of two. If going for the SA boon, you can only have that only; and only if you don’t have another active.

1 Like

I must say, having thought a bit more about the first chapter, I would love to know, how much of the abandoned “New Game+” ideas got used here. Like, reality is being rewritten to my understanding.
Wouldn’t that be the perfect way to allow for a second Ambition? E.g.: Yes, your character knows Virginia from the railway story, but if reality was rewritten, it wouldn’t be as logic breaking to have to try and track her down again for an ambition. → Less things to change.
Would be kind of cool, if you could use Chthonosophy and a bunch of resources (like really A LOT) and some sort of absolutely Endgame carousel or whatever to “rewrite” why your character came to the Neath? Personally I love the idea of a New Game+ (as long as I get to keep my Fate-Locked/retired/special Ambition related Items, tec.).

On the other hand, I can understand that this would still probably take months of work for the team and probably more people are interested in going East in the next expansion (or the one after or whatever). I know I was intruiged by that option ever since I saw it with the Impossible requirement attached all those years ago.
But, speculating about these things is fun, even if they never come to pass.

6 Likes

Abandoned? Since when? I was under the impression that the much-discussed metempsychosis essentially was FB’s idea for NG+, and I assume going East is inteded to be one option for that, along with the already-revealed one of becoming the boatman, or perhaps returning somehow to the Surface.

Edit: ohhhh. Huh. I completely missed this.

That was a surprisingly short-lived idea, then.

3 Likes

This was exactly the issue with NG+. :slight_smile:

I don’t see this events as reality being rewritten, but just erased; things can vanish, but not appear.

But being able to shed your skin and transform yourself, I will go for sending an old shell to Aestival to manage it.

4 Likes

That sounds too correct to not to be.

1 Like

Have you noticed the changing artwork of the sky-map, the more you go eastwards?

From Spireland to Blockland to Meshed-Blob-Land, and finally, Fractalland? The last one could be exceptionally funny to navigate…

4 Likes

Oh that’s a huge source of my own excitement— we know stuff is going to get weirder the further out we get and it’s very neat how that’s depicted on the map. I have no idea what to expect and that brings me joy.

5 Likes

One of the encounters you can have while traveling by air names three other locations - “Thunder’s Ribcage. The Mooncotes. The Flaw.”
Whether these will be locations we visit or just hear about… Well, I guess we just have to wait and see.

I’m betting that Mooncotes will be the most profitable place to visit. Why? Psychic powers. So confident am I in this, that I will bet one million real dollars* that I’m right.

*on the condition that I will have become a billionaire by that time. Bet is off if I have even one penny less.

3 Likes

And does anyone know when the next part unlocks?

On the subject of new locations, I’m curious to learn more about this Zenith. Does its name imply any relation to the Nadir?

2 Likes

The finale definitely gave me (and my character) a powerful WTF Just Happened!?! feeling.

In general this sort of thing is either the result of extremely poor writing OR extremely good writing that sets the stage for some great future reveals. Since this is FBG, I’m inclined to believe it’s that latter.

Also, thanks to @waterpls for a nice analysis.

2 Likes

I assume as much, considering they’re antonyms. Maybe that means it will be a place steeped in Irrigo’s opposing color, Violant. If so I am very, very excited for what that would entail.

2 Likes