F.F. Gebrandt's Prelapsarian Exhibition is here!

“The wiki is overwhelmed by heavy traffic and will return shortly.” :joy:

2 Likes

At this rate, Optics exhibits won’t last an hour. Although it might slow down, I’m assuming everyone is dumping their collection, but grinding is a bit slower.

If one wants to be in the community spirit, let early-game players donate Relics until the other options are done. It’s the only option that looks available pre-POSI. Personally I’m happy to liquidate my collection of hundreds of Femurs.

1 Like

Well time to donate my many copies of the neathbow. I’d accumulated five of each box. I’ll donate four of each at least…

[edit] Ah, what the heck. I’ll just donate all five copies of the neathbow I have. #YOLO

What’s the gratitude return on those? If there’s no vanity quality, do we get at least list price back for them?

Will be long grinds to recover them all later. Hellworm boots and boot polish will have to wait.

3 Likes

The whole set is worth 125,000 gratitude (pennies). The value of individual boxes varies from 1856 (Apocyan, Cosmogene) to 31256 (Irrigo). I don’t have the full list of returns and some haven’t had a sticker price yet, but yes, the ones worth 312.5 get a return of 312.5.

1 Like

I only have one measly Gant-filled mirrorcatch box, which I have donated.

Also gave some jurassic femur bones and fourth city relics.

Is there a ‘contribute this much of items to get a reward’ for this phase of the exhibition? All I read was that 20k of Curator’s Gratitude unlocks a unique reward, that’s all.

1 Like

Contributed a full dinosaur set. Plated skull with mammoth skeleton. Do not use the horned skull, or the set won’t be expensive enough.

5 Likes

After dumping my excess Gant and Peligin, I have just enough empty boxes to get the full Neathbow if I drop everything else and rush Parabola, the Nadir and the Khanate. Wish me luck!

3 Likes

Neat trick: If you don’t have an empty box but you have an Oneiric Pearl, you can interact with it to score a Peligin-filled box. When you turn this in to the museum, you get an empty box back!

3 Likes

How does it sound to grind Cosmogone boxes?

It is 2 actions to get to the top of the dome (one with a glasswork challenge), one to fill 5 boxes at once, and one more action per box to give to the museum.

With 5 empty mirrorcatch boxes, it is 8 actions for 7250 minimum Gratitude, 9210 for me at high stats (~20 levels short across skills), which means 906-1151 Gratitude per action.

With 10 empty mirrorcatch boxes, it is 14 actions for 14500-18420 Gratitude, so 1035-1315 Gratitude per action.

3 Likes

It’s a very good grind, and it won’t last more than a few hours. Better make hay while the Cosmogene Sun is shining!

1 Like

Shame on me for not preparing for this event by drowning, I guess. Not sure if it’s worth rushing a quick suicide by boat just to get the full neathbow hand-in echo.

1 Like

A complete Neathbow seems to be worth over 300 echoes more than the colors individually. And it’s not even a full death, more like 1/3 dead worth of change points, plus mirrors hunger. Seems worthwhile to me.

I have three Oneiric Pearls but I really can’t be arsed to sacrifice them for three filled Mirrorcatch boxes. And I only have one empty Mirrorcatch box.

Anyway, after contributing many relics and bones, I now have 200k plus of Curator’s Gratitude. Unless there is a really good reason to go above and beyond that…

Some updates from Discord:

1. From Bruno:

Since this seems to cause an undesirable level of anxiety for some players: You need 20k gratitude (so the equivalent of 200e) to get a unique reward; I’ve changed the quality’s metatext to reflect this. Note that you’ll still be able to generate gratitude for it until the event ends, so you won’t miss out if you miss a day or phase of the event.

1. Regarding the high value of mirror boxes, especially Irrigo:

There’s really nothing permanent you’ll miss out on if you don’t manage to sell a neathbow box. Think of this as… more of a gift for the players who’ve been hoarding them than anything.

1. Asarta wrote:

I think Bruno noted that gratitude can be converted to scrip?

Bruno wrote:

Well, to an item that is sellable for scrip.

1. sobrique from Reddit offered a recipe for the skeleton

Implausibility comes from brass skulls, and failing certain checks.
So it’s easier than you think.
For example:

• Mammoth chassis
  • Sabre toothed skill
  • 4 x Jurassic Thighbones
  • a Tomb Lion’s tail

Was worth 14950 gratitude.

Human is the easiest:

• Human skeleton
  • 4 x Fossilized Forelimbs (available from the upper river bazaar)
  • 1 x sabre toothed skull (available from the Enthusiast of the ancient world).

Base value should be something like 2750 * 4 + 6250 = 17250 pennies.

1. Also, the full image of the Neathbow
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/770266641762091079/1001780521795326022/FYnMEXEWQAgBYtf.png
6 Likes

Ah, I was just about to post that I really hoped that was the case. Good stuff.

The mirrorcatch boxes are not lost.

And the Optical Exhibits are completed!

DAMMIT, I spent most of today at the Khanate completing my Neathy rainbow and came back to find the whole thing locked!

I have a similar story: I returned from Parabola with all my boxes filled with Cosmogone and yes, they were many so I was not as quick as I might have been and when I finally arrived I was informed that they can not take any more light. that leaves me stuck with Cosmogone in all my boxes.
would be truly amazed if somebeing could point out a way to empty them again … otherwise I will have to lean on the poor guy in Fiddler’s Scarlet far to often …

I see the Optical contributions have maxed out.

I only have one mirrorcatch box, I managed to get inside Parabola several times, climbed the Dome of Scales and harvest a Cosmogone-filled box, then submitted it to the museum.

Take note that I’m a Silverer, so it only costs me 50 honey per entry into Parabola. Other professions might have to pay a higher cost.

Now onto bones and relics.