Estival: The Sixth Coil is here!

Is this PoSIs only?

I can confirm first-hand that a non-PoSI player who hadn’t even found a route to Wolfstack yet was able to use the story under “Fifth City Stories” to travel to the docks while that particular competition was still active. A nice bonus for a player that early on, he was able to call in some favors while there for a much better value than he would have been able to get for some time.

Once he read the conclusion of the dockside competition, he was unable to use the Estival story to travel there.

Maybe there’s some of the initial story to read first that you haven’t read yet?

4 Likes

Apparently, I hadn’t finished the thing beginning with ‘Eagle’, which I could have sworn wasn’t there before when it started mentioning the tournament so I thought it couldn’t be to do with that and also there’s a lot of repeatable things so I thought it was one of those, that’s fixed it. Thanks!

2 Likes

Please note that you can gain Coilheart Renown inside the Empress Court during this phase.

One action for up to a maximum of 414 CR.

3 Likes

Only one hour until the opening of the Tournament of the Intellect in Spite!

5 Likes

I am EXCITE. (For Spite! I’m on the Boheme team now lol)

3 Likes

A thought just occurred to me, if there is such an incredible bounty to win, why aren’t the Masters involved? They seem suspiciously silent in all of this.

If the Sixth Coil has opened before then the Bazaar and the Masters must know whats going on. Personal note, I’d love to see how the Tigers react if they’d actually win an event.

5 Likes

I think I am giving up on seeing all the options and getting reports for Huffam. I would rather play the easier options to give support to my chosen factions.

I’m going all over the place and I don’t want to die again! I just recently got back from a visit to the Boatman.

I might take a trip to Parabola and then play some chess. But I am not writing a Carnelian Ballet, I just finished grinding those for Poet-Laureate and started a different work to get inspired for the Veilgarden options.

4 Likes

Everyone who had “Principles of Coral” on your bingo card, step up and claim your prize.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure I’m going to spend time looking for all those clues when most of them are locked by ES or late game POSI. The only thing is they seem to be big clues to the actual event plot, and the info isn’t available otherwise? It is a bit confusing!

I’m torn between picking them and the “We are totes Surfacers, look how well we human, we are personing so well” team.

5 Likes

“They say there is a contest of riddles going on here somewhere. You ask where it is being held, but nobody will give you a straight answer.”

Appreciative groan for that one!

7 Likes

I don’t think we will need to have seen all clues to follow the grand reveal. We might even see Mr Huffam doing a grand “this is what happened!” to reveal the truth to the average Londoner (and get all players on the same page).
The treasure hunt nature of the clues was frustrating for me two years ago, when I was somewhere in the midgame, but it was a thrilling experience last year, when I could access most content and had the time to snoop around myself. This year I don’t really care for it. I did some snooping the first set of clues, but the second and third set were mainly checking other people’s findings.

There will always be next year and the year after that and… Estival ist a very broad event and one should just pick and choose the activities one enjoys, without the fear to miss out. That’s just not the ways the event just structured.

5 Likes

I’m finding each Clue I can and handing them in before moving on to the newest Tournament, where I do each of the options at least once for my chosen Faction.

Meaning I’m still in the process of zailing back to London.

“In order to receive lessons from the Boatman, die.”

Look, this is just some bl__dy chess tournament. I’m happy to run a few errands to support my chosen faction, but that’s really asking too much. Give me a good reason to die in Fallen London, and I’ll do so any given day. But this is not a good enough reason.

9 Likes

I was like, “But I’ve died so many times already! Don’t any of those count?”

3 Likes

Aha, look at this person who doesn’t die regularly and might as well do it!/sar

I, too, am keenly interested in this prospect

5 Likes

Damn, i died and chessed my way out and that was You’ve gained 3,864 x Coilheart Renown! …plus -3 points out of 6, lolsob. Fun once but not really worth it.

" You need Intellect: Lessons from the Boatman 5 (you have 3)"

Yeah no.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if Lessons from the Boatman scales with Boatman’s Opponent in any way? I’d like to think I didn’t make things harder for myself by grinding the latter a week or so before the games started. Oh, well, at least I’m a Hesperidean now, so I can just walk away if it starts taking too long.

1 Like

Hard to say, I had to bail (yay cider, first time I’ve used it) because my nightmares were too high.
If it does scale, it is limited by the increasing difficulty of playing against the boatman. I’ve played against him too many times to use the standard option myself, had to use the new option.

2 Likes