Worst luck and/or misclicks you've had?

[quote=Skinnyman]
All you need is to kick your level 18 plant to become a fully fledged Neath dweller.[/quote]
I can hardly imagine that after everything I’ve put in it level 14

Don’t say this! I’m a card or two away from level 19, and I don’t even want to think about it.

Just recently sold my Cave of the Nadir location to the Urchins… D___ you, clumsy fingers!! Ah, well, at least there was some interesting flavor text, and it did make sense in-character… I just wanted to hold onto it a bit longer. ):

While I was grinding for Antique Mysteries by stealing from Feducci, I accidentally clicked on the Journals of Infamy option instead the first time. Not the worst misclick, but it delayed my appointment with the Merry Gentleman for a bit.

Light Fingers Ambition: one last step in a certain Orphanage-
70% chance

Fail! PoOr EdWaRd seizes my character and I end up in A Small, Velvet-Lined Box, trapped, and then dead.
When I think that I wanted my character not to die in order to be able to survive sunlight :( XD

You know, nothing in this game hurts quite like the number 214. Thank God I got London’s Blood last week.

[quote=Netos Korlan]Light Fingers Ambition: one last step in a certain Orphanage-
70% chance

Fail! PoOr EdWaRd seizes my character and I end up in A Small, Velvet-Lined Box, trapped, and then dead.

When I think that I wanted my character not to die in order to be able to survive sunlight :( XD[/quote]

Ah, don’t worry. The Cider grind has been made easier with the expeditions.
Because, you know. Now, you HAVE to get a Cider.

2 Likes

Gah. I JUST mis-clicked on a Feast storylet and now have Persuasive 214. grumble

I’ve done that too! Not this year; my Persuasive is damaged because of…an unfortunate Ambition choice. But since my Persuasive is damaged already and I’m still re-building my Notability to fix it, there’s no reason I can’t just enjoy the Feast!

The worst luck I’ve had so far is not having a bat with attitude when Nemesis Part 1 came out. Now the other 2 parts have been released and I’m still stuck on Part 1. Don’t get me wrong, I love this game. But in this particular instance, Failbetter failed miserably.

I just ended my acquaintance with the regretful soldier by accident. bloody hell.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t compare with some of the misfortune in this thread, I want to vent. All last week I built up my Salon and spent all my Making Waves above 14 on buying Nights on the Town, anticipating that I might need to muster all my resources to get the 48 MW I would need to raise my Notability to 15. TTH came at midnight, and I had 15 Notability before noon. The next day, I got the card to overcap Persuasive and got London’s Blood.

I’ve been waiting five days now for Slowcake’s Amanuensis to show up in my opportunity deck so I can get a point of Notability to resume this process.

(The fact that I keep playing the ubiquitous Feast cards instead of holding it in my hand surely doesn’t help, of course.)
edited by PJ on 2/9/2020

All three new companions this year provided something I couldn’t refuse— &quotUnknown&quot, so I decided to recruit all of them,
I played fallenlondon on a tablet. This is the root of the tragedy. Due to the refresh of the webpage, I accidentally clicked on an acquaintance I met in Brass Grail and wasted 30fate. In order to save 30fate to make up for my mistake, I had to give up buying an ES.

well i scrwed up royally. decided i wanna go for one of the special dream items, so i decided to change my profession. got the urchisn card, so i happily retired from beinga midnighter, only to discover i have 3 favors insted of the needed 5. i then proceeded to use the “another way” to decimate my 12 notability and set me back from my paramount presence ways, and then decided i’d buy the viric dream with the bishop and hold on to it in order to still have a chance… only to realise that without a profession you can’t do the working partnership.
so yeah, lost lots of masquing,notability, and my professions, all in a span of 15 minutes.

Well,it seemed to be good. After all, if the Last Constable and the Cheery Man decided to gamble their existences in Such a foolish fashion, why not raise the stakes?
I…Have lost them both. It is the first time this game made me feel guilt,in Such a crimson and slow way. And since I come from a country wich is,let us say,blockaded, I Have not the option of purchasing Fate to alter the Outcome.
Someone find me a well. I need to throw myself into one NOW.

1 Like

Let me revive this: because it was bird week I decided to pile up some Memories and Bombazine with 7 brass skulls for Mammoth grinding. Two Bombazines went smooth with ~54% success chance, the first Memories was quite tough and took quite a few AP because of the 18% success rate.

But the last one… the last one failed more than 20 times in a row while using second chances! :smiley:

1 Like

The first few times I made a serious run at milking the tale of the Fidgeting Writer, I managed to obtain about a dozen Coruscating Souls (two of which I’ve since sold). However, I have not succeeded at making even one CS since. This week, I have started again, accumulating 100 Senses of Deja Vu to try again. Surely it’s possible–my IRL husband financed his purchase of Hesperidean Cider by this method.

EDIT: 11/7/2022 I succeeded in getting 2 Coruscating Soul in my last run before Hallowmas. Two, out of 100 Senses of Deja Vu.

2 Likes

Just recently, forgetting that Suspicion was not forgivable this Hallowmas, and getting arrested. :)

2 Likes

I’m fascinated by this technique.
Mine is quite different: change ten Tales of Terror and see how many of SofD I get. Then proceed up the scale, never running down the numbers below two of each. And after that first ten, never changing more than four at once. Stop whenever I have a run of failures.
That way, I am blissfully ignorant of how much it actually costs, and it spreads out the frustration.
Currently: 44, 6, 2, 2,3 – so stuck at the Room Number.

3 Likes

The frustration for me is almost entirely eliminated by just never looking at the results of the individual actions. Just convert a bunch of one thing at once, usually using all your actions, and not even looking at how many of the next thing you got until you have a bunch of actions to spend and are deciding which step to use your actions on.

1 Like