Whitsun 2024 is here!

Eggs all over London – in bath tubs, balanced on chimneys, nestled in sofas, tucked in the holds of docked ships. And they’re vast ones, the size of a beer barrel, an over-rounded dog, a prize-winning marrow.

Acquire an egg. Apply augmentations to it, if you like. Why not? The d___ed things are everywhere, and while London is hardly short on distractions, they’re wonderfully novel – though they do take up quite a bit of space in your parlour.

Look for ‘Welcome to Whitsun’ anywhere in London. You’ll get three Ha’Pennies at the start of the festival, with the ability to obtain more for Fate. Amber Ha’pennies can be spent in various places during Whitsun to speed up the hatching process, obtain Aged or Percipient eggs, or to turn your eggs into unique, otherwise unavailable items.

Incubate eggs, one at a time. What will happen when they hatch? Who knows! Each will take 23 hours to hatch unless you, ahem, assist it. What else to do with them? Try sending one to a friend. Surely no more dangerous than a boxed cat!

All of last year’s Whitsun items are available again this year. You’ll be able to receive Scarlet and Pelagic Eggs for free, though Aged and Percipient eggs cost one Amber Ha’Penny to buy. Each egg produces different types of creatures.

The Apicius Club

There’s a gathering of gourmets who will sample almost anything: the Apicius Club. These connoisseurs of novel flavours are reconvening for the festivities, and willing to take all manner of delicacies off your hands, including but not limited to these tempting, giant ova. Look for ‘De Gustibus in Whitsun’ at Ladybones Road to make their acquaintance.

Employ SCIENCE to further your egg experiments!

Purchase a Highly Illegal Experimental Augmentation Device (Probably) in order to get the very most out of your eggs, or investigate them in your University Lab to learn more about their mysterious origin.

What’s new this year?

The Summer Schoolmistress towers many feet above you. Her sharp face is expressionless, and her eyes a perfect and total ebony. “A little gardening. A little science. A little childcare. For an individual of your talents it should be no great difficulty.”

A new Fate activity delves deeper into Whitsun’s cascade of adorable horrors: who looks after the Whitsun children after they’re hatched?

Journey to the Prickfinger Wastes and meet a Summer Schoolmistress with an unusual charge. Mind the house while she’s away and pit your will against an unruly menagerie of Whitsun’s finest.

This is a new repeatable activity, available for 20 Fate. You can start it anywhere in London via the ‘The Summer Nursery: An Invitation’. It is suitable for all characters who have hatched at least one Whitsun Egg.

In news of other novelties, Bellic Augmentations at Watchmaker’s Hill may now be applied to Enlightened as well as Invigorated eggs! This threatening augmentation promises to turn your eggs into weapons – mostly.

Whitsun begins today, 9th May 2024. From the 20th, at 14:00 BST, you will no longer be able to buy further eggs. You will be able to incubate and hatch eggs until the 23rd, at 14:00 BST – after which, to prevent a dreadful stench, all eggs will be removed.

Enjoy your eggs!

6 Likes

Okay, that’s good! I think!

So, if I understand this correctly, invigorated eggs cost 5 ha’pennies, and according to this the bellic augmentations will also cost ha’pennies, so they’re pretty damn expensive. Do I understand this correctly?

This is(probably)gonna be fun!

Just Bellic’d a Scarlet Enlightened Egg
What I got was a Resinous Pyrophone (Watchful +8, Respectable +1, Dreaded -1, Bizarre +2, SA +1)

3 Likes

No, invigorating an egg costs no ha’pennies. You’ll only need 3 ha’pennies to get an egg-weapon, unless you want to buy one made from an Aged or Percipient egg.

2 Likes

The new items. Thanks to Sans over Discord"

Summary

The first one is a baggage, the rest weapons
Eggs: Pegaltic, Scarlet, Aged, Percipient

I’ll try and update the sheet soon :slight_smile:

EDIT: The sheet!

7 Likes

A new thing in De Gustibus: if you have Scar under Skin 2 from Christmas and Feast of the Rose, you can raise it to 3 at De Gustibus

4 Likes

I missed that that was an option for those holidays - can you raise that to 1 at de gustibus, or do you have to have done the previous two?

1 Like

Okay, thank you! Sorry for my confusion, I’m kinda unfamiliar with this whole system and rather, well, confused.

The option available for me requires Scar under Skin exactly 2, so you can only do it if you raised the quality both during Christmas and during Feast of the Rose. I don’t know if there are other branches with 0 or 1 as a requirement which are hidden for me, you will need to check it out.
It seems however that the pattern is that you can raise it by 1 during every major festival.

2 Likes

Meaning, if you miss one festival you’ll have to wait a full year to get another chance. :frowning_face:
(I sat out this year’s FotER)

5 Likes

So! I’m going for this first-it seems nearly perfect for what I want. After that, assuming I’ll have time(which seems very likely, but I don’t know) I’ll just hatch the eggs after that, which seems very fun in itself!

I was at FotER and somehow missed the second scar. It’s a real bummer

1 Like

I didn’t know that got added at all until after FotER. So I’ll have to wait until December to get started, I guess…

eta: I double checked, I did get the Christmas one! Still missed the Rose one though.

2 Likes

Ah, I did it wrong-invigorated it instead of enlightened it. Oh well-don’t really care that much either way.

Played this game since 2021, I got all the pets except these:

Pelagic, Invigorated, non-aug [Unerring Elver]
Scarlet, Invigorated, non-aug [Untrained Lyrebird]
Scarlet, Enlightened, 1x aug [Amber Iguana]

Haven’t done the Bellic augmentations, which were added last year. I have one leftover ha’peny from last year, let’s see which item I need to get. May need some advice regarding this.

I remember breaking the eggs or feeding them to someone may be rewarding, if you don’t want to hatch them.

2 Likes

Oh, good to know! As it happens I do want to hatch them, but thank you for your advice anyhow.

Has anyone tried the summer schoolmistress activity yet? If so, could you give us a quick rundown of what’s involved?

2 Likes

Don’t forget that you get 3 hapennies for free. New luggage item (Cephalopod Satchel) is BiS in PoC. Worthy item in my opinion, but your circumstances may be different.

2 Likes

(Hey, what does this mean?)