Which Except. Stories use rare items/qualities?

A Trade in Faces
Uncovering the Secrets of the Face-Tailor.

Blemmigan Affairs
Mask of the Rose. But I think you can still buy it at that point.
Black Wings or Oblivion? Not sure, but with that icon.

Rubbery Murders
Renown Rubbery 10. I know it is easy but I did it too early to satisfy it.

Court of Cats(201506)
Your Plant.

Lost in Reflection(201507)
As is said: Glass. Court of Cat.

Last Dog Society(201508)
Held in Esteem by the Crew of the Galatea. So the Gift.
Experienced Zailor, for flavor probably.

Cut With Moonlight(201509)
Young Stags Club, for flavor probably.

Discernment(201510)
Spirifer/Sheperd.
Probably Blemmigan Affairs.
Coruscating Soul.
A Stain on Soul.
Brass Skull? Not sure.
115 Muscaria Brandy. (No, that’s not worth it.)

Flint I (201511)
Uncovering the Secrets of the Face-Tailor.
An mask icon. Trade in Faces probably.
The Big Rat things.
A branch of Knife&Candles, with Order Vespertine icon. I suspect it is no longer that now, but I know nothing about the replacement.
Presbyterate Diplomat. Black Ribbon. Implacable Detective. Dilmun. University. Regretful Soldier. Sardonic Music-Hall Singer. Repentant Forger. Silas the Showman.

Flint II(201512)
Nothing special I think.

Art of Murder(201601)
Connection: the Masters icon.
Order Vespertine icon.
Vermin Free icon.

Waltz(201602)
Death experience. Nadir experience. Quite high scandal?

Frequently Deceased(201603)
Clayman icon.
Respectable.
Wine Cellar Icon.
As said, plus Unearthly Fossils and Corsair Hat, perhaps they are not rare.

Seven-Day Reign(201604)
Aunt. Long lost daughter. Young Stag Club.

Pentecost Predicament(201605)
Pentecost Ape.

Five Minutes to Midday(201606)
Regretful Soldier.

Chimney Pot War(201607)
SMEN.

Calendar Code(201608)
Lost in Reflections.

Where UNI must go (201609)
SMEN
Wry Functionary? Not sure if needed.

Our Lady of Pyres(201610)
Not found in my record.

The Final Curtain(201611)
Glass.

The Persona Engine(201612)
Not found in my record.

The Twelve-Fifteen from Moloch Street(201701)
Soulless.

The Century Exhibition (201702)
Not found in my record.

The Clay Man’s Arm(201703)
Comtessa.

The Heart, the Devil and the Zee(201704)
Not found in my record.

HOJOTOHO! (201705)
Not found in my record.

The Web of the Motherlings (201706)
Dilmun.

All Things Must End (201707)
Not found in my record.

The Attendants (201708)
Not found in my record.

Trial and Error (201709)
Not found in my record

Noise from Upstairs(201903)
Nothing of importance.
Can’t quite sure whether the Cut with Moonlight is required. It shares the same icon with this ES’s event development quality. I think probably there isn’t. Unless my memory is twisted by the moonlight.

[quote=Fadewalker]
Discernment(201510)
Spirifer/Sheperd.
Probably Blemmigan Affairs.
Coruscating Soul.
A Stain on Soul.
Brass Skull? Not sure.

115 Muscaria Brandy. (No, that’s not worth it.)[/quote]A stain, ey? Seems I missed that opportunity! :(
But many thanks for the incredible list! :D

Let’s revive this thread with a WIP sheet that I made.
Blue cells require extra attention, but any extra details are good! You can check Flint P1 to see what I’m talking about. Any help is appreciated!

Little bump for this ES!

There’s one option unlocked with being a member of the Young Stags.

Great!
Fast scrolling I saw that there’s an option which requires a Volume of Collated Research. :)

My Kingdom For A Pig has yet another load of rare unlocks! Off the top of my head: Pirate-Poet, Calendar Code, any Fidgeting Writer item, In Search of A Stiff Drink, and The Gift all unlock alternate options with different text; the stories also change the text based on the ending. Being a Doctor, Poet-Laureate, and Blemmigan Hat unlock options with extra rewards.
edited by Optimatum on 6/28/2019

[quote=Fadewalker]Frequently Deceased(201603)
Clayman icon.
Respectable.
Wine Cellar Icon.
As said, plus Unearthly Fossils and Corsair Hat, perhaps they are not rare.[/quote]
Corsair Hat? What is that?

[quote=silurica][quote=Fadewalker]Frequently Deceased(201603)
Clayman icon.
Respectable.
Wine Cellar Icon.
As said, plus Unearthly Fossils and Corsair Hat, perhaps they are not rare.[/quote]
Corsair Hat? What is that?[/quote]I believe it’s referring to the Pirate’s Hat from the Bazaar, which you can use to play with the children by pretending to be a pirate, if I recall correctly.

TIL &quotcorsair&quot is another word for &quotpirate&quot. We learn something new everyday, as they said.

The Frequently Deceased also has an option that uses the Exquisite Toy, in case that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

TIL &quotcorsair&quot is another word for &quotpirate&quot. We learn something new everyday, as they said.[/quote]

A corsair ( French corsairs - Wikipedia ) is technically a privateer with the blessing (and acting on behalf) of one country (France). They could/would be considered pirates by countries that are/were enemies of that country.

[quote=Optimatum]My Kingdom For A Pig has yet another load of rare unlocks! Off the top of my head: Pirate-Poet, Calendar Code, any Fidgeting Writer item, In Search of A Stiff Drink, and The Gift all unlock alternate options with different text; the stories also change the text based on the ending. Being a Doctor, Poet-Laureate, and Blemmigan Hat unlock options with extra rewards.[/quote]As usual, thanks for the help! Specially that I can avoid the story thread and thus spoilers!!!

I have updated the sheet, but I have a few questions:

1. The Gift and Calendar qualities refer to endings of the story or just some parts?
  2. Come to think of it, do all ES quality requirements refer to parts of the story or just the ending?
  3. I couldn’t help myself and after a quick scroll, do I understood correctly that there are options for any OR several OR all Fidgeting Writer item? If so, are these requirements self exclusive (picking one cancels the rest)?

[quote=Jermaine Vendredi]The Frequently Deceased also has an option that uses the Exquisite Toy, in case that hasn’t been mentioned yet.[/quote]It’s added in the sheet, but as a mutually exclusive option: Starveling Cat OR Exquisite Toy OR Broken Toy OR Hand of Glory.

1. Can you confirm that you can only pick only one of these options?

EDIT: Thanks to Reddit, it seems that the new ES has an interesting quality requirement as well! Being an Oenologonaut (House of Chimes quality)!
edited by Skinnyman on 7/7/2019

re. 4:
It’s been a while since I played that story, but if I remember rightly, the items come up during interaction with the children; this is not a one-time event. The toys are actually mentioned in the discussion of the story on this site – I went back to check in the Intense Notary’s list.

1. Both The Gift and Calendar Code unlocks differentiate between endings, though I don’t know if there are separate options for the endings or if it just changes the text within one option.
  2. The only option I had visible appeared to be unlocked with all the Fidgeting Writer items, starting with the Glimpse of Something Larger (as that’s the first one where you’ve met the Writer in person). It’s possible that the unlocks did something more complicated to only require one, like the PoSI specialization option that unlocks with just one of the Parabola-Linen clothes.

Closest to Revolutionaries seems to be a bonus in The Shallows.
Horsehead Amulets will be very, very helpful at the end.

Romantic notions, silk and second chances will come in useful.
edited by Jolanda Swan on 7/25/2019

Anything else should be added for this month’s ES?

The Committee had a use for Closest to: Great Game.

Por Una Cabaza has options for:

[spoiler]

• Newspaper[/li][li]&quotTwo urchins in a trenchcoat&quot mysterious benefactor[/li][li]Heart’s Desire[/li][li]HESPERIDEAN CIDER

[/spoiler] There may be a couple others I’ve forgotten.

Vermin-free and Sympathetic to Ratly Concerns come up as well.