Which Except. Stories use rare items/qualities?

Ah, that’s right, and also Flute Street.

Hoooooly!!! Many thanks, deliciuous, many thanks!

[spoiler]Regarding the &quotTwo urchins in a trench coat&quot mysterious benefactor and Heart’s Desire qualities, what are the exact requirements?
I don’t even know about Two urchins in a trench coat.

[/spoiler]
Same for Flute Street. What quality or level is required?
edited by Skinnyman on 11/29/2019

What do you receive if you actually travel to Flute Street?

[quote=Kharsirr Lynx]What do you receive if you actually travel to Flute Street?[/quote]Think The Old Man is talking about Location of an Underground Organ.

Two urchins in a trenchcoat are your mysterious benefactors if you chose the persuasive route/weapon at the very beginning of the game.
Don’t tell me that I had to travel to Flute street… I had the route, but I got the impression it wasn’t needed, and the trip being so long, I didn’t take the risk.

Re: Skinnyman

[spoiler][quote=Skinnyman]Regarding the &quotTwo urchins in a trench coat&quot mysterious benefactor and Heart’s Desire qualities, what are the exact requirements?
I don’t even know about Two urchins in a trench coat.[/quote]The precise requirements might be &quotA Bag of Fierce Mint Humbugs&quot (the Persuasive benefactor item) and &quotthe Protégé of a Mysterious Benefactor 8&quot (indicating you’ve finished the story).

I don’t have Heart’s Desire, but my understanding was that you only need to have the Ambition.

[quote=Skinnyman]Same for Flute Street. What quality or level is required?
edited by Skinnyman on 11/29/2019[/quote]If I recall correctly, it needs Visiting Flute Street 5. What that means, I don’t know. The associated text says, &quotDon’t fink I ‘aven’t seen you sneakin’ down to Flute Street&quot, which would imply that you need to have visited at least once.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The branch I played required no Bag of Fierce Mint Humbugs, so presumably the other option required them.

IIRC, Visiting Flute Street 5 is the point in the story where you actually embark for Flute Street. Possibly there could be another branch for Visiting 1-4, implying your character is aware of it but hasn’t been there, but I doubt it.[/spoiler]

There also seems to be a bit of text only for Rat-Catchers (seeing every other profession in an unlock condition).

Recap for this month, shall we?

[spoiler]Items:
Newspaper
Cider
A Bag of Fierce Mint Humbugs (Persuasive Mysterious Benefactor)

Qualities:
The Protégé of a Mysterious Benefactor 8 (Conclusion)
Heart’s Desire or any other?
Vermin-free
Sympathetic about Ratly Concerns
Visiting Flute Street 5
Rat-Catchers profession[/spoiler]
@Opti, are your talking about the same branch when you’re referring to the Bag?
@Mars, do you mean that every other profession is a lock condition?

The option to tear down all the walls of your lodgings to find more of the rat nest
is ‘Unlocked when Profession - is: …’
In the list that follows you can find every possible and impossible Profession, from Minor Poet to Unibishop,
with the exception of Rat-Catcher.

[quote=Μαρσ ][quote=Skinnyman]@Mars, do you mean that every other profession is a lock condition?
is ‘Unlocked when Profession - is: …’
In the list that follows you can find every possible and impossible Profession, from Minor Poet to Unibishop,

with the exception of Rat-Catcher.[/quote][/quote]I haven’t played the story, but if there are no other option, it sure means that there’s an invisible one requiring Rat-Catcher.

Thanks!
edited by Skinnyman on 12/3/2019

Correct. I don’t think either branch requires the Mysterious Benefactor quality at all, just the Bag or its absence.

Correct. I don’t think either branch requires the Mysterious Benefactor quality at all, just the Bag or its absence.[/quote]I’m going off memory, but the branch I encountered checked both the Bag and the Mysterious Benefactor, since the revelation about the benefactor’s identity (which is referenced) isn’t until the end of the story.

Up with you for the new premium story: The Brass Grail! :D

Alright, bump for this month and for an update of the sheet!
Sorry it took that much.

Nothing needed for this months ES or is the sheet just not complete for it yet?

[quote=Ms Rose]Nothing needed for this months ES or is the sheet just not complete for it yet?[/quote]The sheet is a constant work in progress, but by the looks of it, no exceptional qualities nor items are required in this month’s ES.

And your message made me remember something! Some older ESs are updated to reflect if you played recent ones. I just need to find my note about that…

EDIT: Found it! Playing the Calendar code unlocks options in My Kingdom for a Pig AND the other way around. :) Thanks to Reddit user u/octopusnado:

&quotThe opening storylet of The Calendar Code had an option unlocked with with a familiar pig’s face, leading to this.&quot
edited by Skinnyman on 12/28/2019

Bump and bump! :) Let’s see if any new things were added.
At least have them here as a backlog because I still need to add some few more things to the sheet.

In playing catch-up, there’s a minor dialogue change in October’s ES (Say It With Flowers) based on your results in The Gift.

If you earned the favor of the Brooding Captain, the note he leaves beneath the palace for you acknowledges it.

[quote=HarperMargrave]In playing catch-up, there’s a minor dialogue change in October’s ES (Say It With Flowers) based on your results in The Gift.

If you earned the favor of the Brooding Captain, the note he leaves beneath the palace for you acknowledges it.

Took a while, but here I am adding them! Is the requirement related to the quality of The Gift or the item you can from that ending?