Which Except. Stories use rare items/qualities?

Cricket anyone also has extra options i you have: a normal bat, a bat with attitude, and the Wings of Thunder from the Ratcatcher.

Cricket, Anyone? also:

• Checked my Unwelcome at the University status and Featuring in the Tales of University level at one point.
  • Gives an extra option if you’re a Midnighter.
  • Has alternate text if you own the Sceptre of Mr Wines and the Beggar’s Crown (one for each item).

Plus an option for the Utterly Livid Bat.

Cricket Anyone?: Sulking Bat/Bat with Attitude/Wings-of-Thunder Batling/Utterly Livid Bat. Are these options mutually exclusive?
Unwelcome at the University, Midnighter, Sceptre of Mr Wine/Beggar’s Crown. Silurica, got these right? Each option for the qualities, but Wine’s items are mutually exclusive.
SotC 21

Let me post the rest here. Maybe they’ll jog somebody’s memory:
Seasonal:
The Marriage of Feducci (Sackmas '17 Festive Tale)
The Ceremony (Sackmas '18 Festive Tale)

Exceptional stories:
The Web of the Motherlings (June 2017)
All Things Must End (July 2017)
The Attendants (August 2017)
Trial and Error (September 2017)
The Stone Guest (October 2017)
The Sinking Synod (November 2017)
Steeped in Honey (December 2017)
Lamentation Lock (January 2018)
Factory of Favours (February 2018)
The Pursuit of Moths (March 2018)
The Murgatroyd Formula (April 2018)
The Rat-Catcher (May 2018)
The Bones of London (June 2018)
Written in the Glim (July 2018)
Required Repairs (August 2018)
For all the Saints who from their Labours rest (September 2018)
The Magician’s Dream (October 2018)
A Little Pandemonium (November 2018)
Daylight (December 2018)
The Price of Loss (January 2019)

While we’re on the subject, can anyone offer any information about the permanent rewards Fate stories offer?
edited by Skinnyman on 2/4/2019
edited by Skinnyman on 2/4/2019

I believe we cover all of these in the survey.
I’ve kept some the rewards vague (because spoilers), feel free to ask if you want details.

I believe we cover all of these in the survey.

I’ve kept some the rewards vague (because spoilers), feel free to ask if you want details.[/quote]Please do, please do! If you think it’s too much, a PM would be more than appreciated!

I’ll probably take a break after this Feast and just log in to farm at the Court. But when I get back, I want to start going through the 24 stories that await me! :D In the meantime, I can start preparing if/where is needed! That SotC option is something I want to play!

[quote=Skinnyman]Cricket Anyone?: Sulking Bat/Bat with Attitude/Wings-of-Thunder Batling/Utterly Livid Bat. Are these options mutually exclusive?
Unwelcome at the University, Midnighter, Sceptre of Mr Wine/Beggar’s Crown. Silurica, got these right? Each option for the qualities, but Wine’s items are mutually exclusive.
SotC 21[/quote]

None of the options should be mutually exclusive. The SotC one is an alternative to a regular option, and the Unwelcome at the University was for a QLD rather than a different option iirc, but it’s possible to do all in one playthrough.

I made a post over here.

[quote=Optimatum][quote=Skinnyman]Cricket Anyone?: Sulking Bat/Bat with Attitude/Wings-of-Thunder Batling/Utterly Livid Bat. Are these options mutually exclusive?
SotC 21[/quote]
None of the options should be mutually exclusive. The SotC one is an alternative to a regular option, and the Unwelcome at the University was for a QLD rather than a different option iirc, but it’s possible to do all in one playthrough.[/quote]

I’m not quite sure what you mean by QLD, but I’ve seen at least three variations of result text+title where those University-related qualities are checked, and with how thorough this ES is I won’t be surprised if different combinations can yield different results. These results are mutually exclusive. I got one where I was recognized as someone from the Department of ______ in the past with A Respectable Academic+An Idealist to the End.

Wines with item/no item are also mutually exclusive (I happen to have only the Sceptre, so I only personally saw one of the two special options). I’m not quite sure about the Midnighter option since I’m not one, sorry!

Also I just remembered Written in the Glim has an option for if you have Knowledge of the Arts (from Light Fingers). I’ve also heard that For All the Saints checks your Hell/Church renown? Someone who has played it might be able to fill in the details.

All the Saints gives you slightly different text at the beginning based on which renown is higher or if they’re equal, I believe. It’s about why you get pulled into the events of the story in the first place.

[quote=silurica][quote=Optimatum][quote=Skinnyman]Cricket Anyone?: Sulking Bat/Bat with Attitude/Wings-of-Thunder Batling/Utterly Livid Bat. Are these options mutually exclusive?
SotC 21[/quote]
None of the options should be mutually exclusive. The SotC one is an alternative to a regular option, and the Unwelcome at the University was for a QLD rather than a different option iirc, but it’s possible to do all in one playthrough.[/quote]

I’m not quite sure what you mean by QLD, but I’ve seen at least three variations of result text+title where those University-related qualities are checked, and with how thorough this ES is I won’t be surprised if different combinations can yield different results. These results are mutually exclusive. I got one where I was recognized as someone from the Department of ______ in the past with A Respectable Academic+An Idealist to the End.

Wines with item/no item are also mutually exclusive (I happen to have only the Sceptre, so I only personally saw one of the two special options). I’m not quite sure about the Midnighter option since I’m not one, sorry![/quote]

QLD stands for Quality Level Description. It’s probably not the strictly correct term here, come to think of it, but I was referring to the times when the text within an event varies depending on your level of some quality. The different possible texts are mutually exclusive by definition, but since you’re technically playing the same option no matter what, I wasn’t counting them. Do you know if those different variations you saw were from different options with explicit unlock conditions?

(And yeah, I meant that the Sceptre and Crown aren’t mutually exclusive to each other, rather than mutually exclusive with not having them. I wasn’t sure from the way Skinnyman phrased it.)

Steeped in Honey has alternate ways of gaining access to the red honey den unlocked by having The Cat’s Chiefest Claw, or if you’ve gotten past a certain point in Nemesis. I’ve heard Written in the Glim has a similar unlock involving Light Fingers! though I can’t confirm that one since the character I played through it with doesn’t have that ambition.
edited by SingingFlame on 2/4/2019

Slighlty off-topic, but speaking of the Beggar’s Crown, is that from a recent ES? The wiki lists no source whatsoever.

It’s from the Incarnadine Fur Robe.

[quote=]In The March of the Saints, there’s an option if you have a One-Way Ticket on the 12:15 to Hell.[/quote]Uh, thank you stranger!
Can anyone confirm this? I mean, it’s just the perfect time to get such a ticket!

That’s correct. It’s purely for flavor though.

[quote=Optimatum]That’s correct. It’s purely for flavor though.[/quote]I thought that almost all do this, but even so, I found it worth recording these! :)

By &quotpurely for flavor&quot, I mean even more so than usual. It’s not a case where you unlock an alternative option with no mechanical differences—using the ticket gives you some unique text, but the story won’t progress until you play the regular option.

I see, good to know!
And it’s good enough for me, but… not yet! Even if I can cash that ticket for a nice companion, 50 Fate it’s still a bit too much at the moment!

Noises from Upstairs (March 2019): Cut With Moonlight connections, but not sure about any qualities required