Weekly Questions, Beginning 20/02/2017

[li]
It should be under &quotCircumstance&quot on your Myself page.

Hrm, don’t see it there… gonna assume that I don’t have any and level 0 is also “a familiar face”.

Although, one of my alts which I’m pretty certain HAD gone to jail before doesn’t have it there either. Hrm.

How long is Lilac around?

Like 2 more days.

Until the 24th.

Usually, this means at noon GMT, give or take a few hours.

[quote=Bertrand Lyndon][quote=Skinnyman]Quick one as I only found the story after the update, but what action sets A Name Scrawled in Blood to 7?
Can I have a hound/snake before that?[/quote]

I think it comes with access to the Labyrinth of Tigers. I have A Name Scrawled in Blood 7 and I haven’t bred a HoundSnake yet.[/quote]
Well, I have the Labyrinth, but the quality is still at 6 and I love a certain card. Now, does anyone have the echo for the Hound option on the Eater of Chains?

Does the Heptagoat unlock any special storylets/cards/branches or is it for show only?

Are there benefits for Notability over 5 in general game not from events?

Is anyone else having problems with triggered Exceptional Stories disappearing?
Having not properly triggered one of the Season of Wrecks stories and subsequently bought it again, I made quite sure I had triggered the Season of Skies stories properly (well, I thought so, anyway).
Now two of the three have vanished. All that remains is the Century Exhibition start and the Season of Skies study stub.
(I like to play the stories in one go, so tend to leave them once triggered. But this is really not amusing.)
edited by Jermaine Vendredi on 2/23/2017

[quote=Jermaine Vendredi]Is anyone else having problems with triggered Exceptional Stories disappearing?
Having not properly triggered one of the Season of Wrecks stories and subsequently bought it again, I made quite sure I had triggered the Season of Skies stories properly (well, I thought so, anyway).
Now they have all three vanished. All that remains is the Season of Skies study stub.
(I like to play the stories in one go, so tend to leave them once triggered. But this is really not amusing.)[/quote]
Write support.I didn’t buy it so late.

On one of my alts, I am proceeding in Ambition:Nemesis. I was in the forgotten quarter searching for someone to look at the red honey remains I found. In a moment of weakness I didn’t notice my success, and have no idea what to do now.

A handful. Not a ton. Some of them are useful, and some of them are exclusive.

You can buy Favorable Circumstances for 7 Notability, allowing you to force-draw some cards. Obtaining Master’s Blood from Presumptuous Opportunity also requires 7 Notability, although that is more a vanity item than a useful one. Overcapping stats requires all your Notability. Higher Notability gives a higher chance of receiving a Surprise Package from an Unsigned Message (you reach 100% at 9 Notability).

The following use is to be avoided:

One step in Seeking requires Notability 12.

I’m not following Nemesis myself, but you’ll probably find the information you need here.

What’s the best method for grinding Making Waves? I’ve been camped out in the Court, but 1 CP per action is not exactly ideal.

On an unrelated note, RNG hates me. I’ve got a Dazed Raven, and I’ve been turning cards for A Kindness of Ravens for at least four days.

Voilà. Notability guide. Talks about MW.
In the short, if you’re working for a lot over a long period of time, a salon is great. If you’re just looking for some fairly quickly, side convert tier 3 items. That should get you to the useful amounts of notability.
edited by Pumpkinhead on 2/24/2017
edited by Pumpkinhead on 2/24/2017

For people that chose the Nemesis ambition, is it possible to return to Venderbight after having progressed past this point during the ambition?

Is there anything one can profitably do with, e.g. Confident Smiles once the relevant quality has maxed out? (Except give them away, I suppose?)

Save a few for very hard challenges and for Nadir, but, other than that no use!
Well, you could use your Past Benefactor card to reach 777 second chances! :) It’s a lovely achievement!

1. What is best to pursue the Salon or the Orphanage? For me it is easier to go for Orphanage and not the Salon.
  2. Can you get 2 townhouses(one with Orphanage and the other one with Salon)?
  3. The Marsh House(from fate locked story) what opportunity card does it give? And is worth it than than the opportunity card that the handsome townhouse?
    edited by Tofan Bogdan on 2/24/2017

It’s really a matter of Personal taste. The Orphanage has a potent fatelocked companion you can get, but the Salon is simpler for generating large amounts of making waves at a time.

No, it’s one or the other, although you can shutter one and establish the other when you wish.

The Marsh House has no card. Its main value is in removing all City Vices cards from your deck while selected as your lodgings.