Weekly Questions, Beginning 20/02/2017

[quote=Tofan Bogdan]Does the Ruberry Murders(fate locked) give access to Flute Street? The story is worth to buy for fate?
edited by Tofan Bogdan on 2/21/2017[/quote]
This can be a good landmark regarding this matter!

Thanks.

[quote=absimiliard] But if you’re capable of not even looking at the results and just pushing &quotRecertify a double-armful of scraps&quot every time you see it … well, then yes, mathematically it’s worth it.
[/quote]
I strongly disagree !

On average, for 2 AP, you will get 20-18= 2 scraps. So an average of 1 scrap for 1 AP. Which is the ratio of the worse lodgings.
Average lodgings are fiving 2 scraps for 1 AP.
The better ones give between 3 and 4 scraps.

AFAIK all sources of scraps are card based, so if your goal is simply to gather scraps as quickly as possible, it’s worth it. If your goal is to gain them efficiently, I’m not sure any source other than the Premises at the Bazaar and maybe turning in Urchins favours are worth it.

I’ll chime in on what others have correctly noted and would emphasize the psychological component. While mathematically you are talking 1 scrap per action, that is over many trials and you may fall on either side (more or less) in practice.

I’ve been running an experiment spreadsheeting results for all four relickers. I was wondering whether odds were the same for all of them or whether some were more persnickety than others (technically the odds could be different within the 50-60% even odds luck window for each of them). I’m hoping the answer is they are individually different but initial indications are they are all equivalent at I would guess 50% odds.

I’ve run 109 trials so far (still a very small sample) and I’m at in aggregate 52 successes and 57 fails for a current average of just 0.587 scraps per action. Not great! So far the coquettish relicker is friendlier than average and the curt relicker must just hate my guts. This is at the tail of a bad run though, and it has usually been closer to 0.8 scraps per action. So for me, the option has thus far been below the lowest dwelling rate of 1 per action. That said, I do have 64 scraps more than I started with.

It can be dispiriting to get a long run of fails, so only go this route if you are willing to hang in there for the long haul and simply want to maximize accumulation of scraps in the shortest time. My advice which I think someone else also mentioned is to simply click and not look at the results. The brain remembers fails, forgets the successes, and naturally discounts the pleasure of the latter relative to the pain of the former, so you guarantee personal suffering if you pay any attention whatsoever to the actual results!
edited by Shaerys on 2/22/2017

For expeditions I have a problem.
From this sources : Approach boldly/ A cautious approach / A buccaneering approach what is the best progress/ rival progress choice? It seems that all of them give me rival progress so the best choice would be A buccaneering approach.

The best bet, if you can do it successfully, is Buccaneering.

This is true of all the choices in expeditions: Success SOMETIMES gives rival progress, failure ALWAYS gives rival progress.

[quote=Tofan Bogdan]For expeditions I have a problem.
From this sources : Approach boldly/ A cautious approach / A buccaneering approach what is the best progress/ rival progress choice? It seems that all of them give me rival progress so the best choice would be A buccaneering approach.[/quote]
That’s correct, though you always want to pick an approach that has a 100% success chance at your modified Watchful level (cautious at 84, bold at 167, buccaneering at 267).

Do you recommend to do small expedition of 20 supplies until I have watch 180? and then go for temple of deep seven and the rest?

[quote=Tofan Bogdan]Do you recommend to do small expedition of 20 supplies until I have watch 180? and then go for temple of deep seven and the rest?[/quote]Are you going for the Tomb Of The Seven? Regardless, if you want to play it safe-ish just stock up on not only Second Chances, but on extra Supplies as well - like twenty or more. If your opposition is faster you can just confront them for a cost of ten supplies each (and probably some goodies) - it is very unlikely to fail if you can just throw crates by the dozen at them, so to speak.

Thanks.

Should I take the egg and / or imprison the priest from temple of uttermost wind? for maximum rewards?

[quote=Tofan Bogdan]Should I take the egg and / or imprison the priest from temple of uttermost wind? for maximum rewards?[/quote]That’s more of a story thing. I don’t think it has an influence on your expedition rewards. (And if you take a look at the prize you will know why :))

[color=rgb(20, 20, 20)]Very slim rewards(1 puzzling map, 1 fourth city airag). And some cryptic clues[/color]. not worth the time and effort.
edited by Tofan Bogdan on 2/22/2017

Hrmp. Is “Do you recall how they came to that place” card in the Nadir no longer locked by having a Fluke Core?

No, I don’t believe it’s locked with a Core anymore! I think that lock was removed a while ago - there’s one option in Seeking, if I recall correctly, that requires 7 Fluke-Cores, so it’d make sense.

If you have become a scholar of corespondance you no longer can open new expeditions?

You cannot go to the tomb of the seven again. All other expeditions stay open.

Quick one as I only found the story after the update, but what action sets A Name Scrawled in Blood to 7?
Can I have a hound/snake before that?

[quote=Skinnyman]Quick one as I only found the story after the update, but what action sets A Name Scrawled in Blood to 7?
Can I have a hound/snake before that?[/quote]

I think it comes with access to the Labyrinth of Tigers. I have A Name Scrawled in Blood 7 and I haven’t bred a HoundSnake yet.

Where can I see my Criminal Record quality? I don’t see it on my character sheet’s qualities. I don’t remember ever being sent to jail, but I noticed when idly checking some instant absolution that it lists it as “a familiar face.”