Weekly Questions, Beginning 2/01/2017

Are you sure you didn’t just eat one or sell one accidently and only noticed it now? Solacefruit were given out for free on christmas(well, one was)so you probably didn’t notice losing the cherries in one way or another.

[quote=Plynkes]

How peculiar. I have both cherries and solacefruit, and neither has turned into the other.
edited by Plynkes on 1/6/2017[/quote]

It happened to both of my characters, too. They follow entirely different paths, so I doubt it’s some decision they both made.

[quote=Sev ][quote=Plynkes]

How peculiar. I have both cherries and solacefruit, and neither has turned into the other.
edited by Plynkes on 1/6/2017[/quote]

It happened to both of my characters, too. They follow entirely different paths, so I doubt it’s some decision they both made.[/quote]

Well, the only way to lose the cherries is to eat them or to sell them, so either this actually happened or one of those two happened(twice), you can always send an email to the support since they should be able to check if something like that happened.

[quote=The Master]

Are you sure you didn’t just eat one or sell one accidently and only noticed it now? Solacefruit were given out for free on christmas(well, one was)so you probably didn’t notice losing the cherries in one way or another.[/quote]

Oh, that makes sense. That being the case, what do I do with Solacefruit? (Or a recipe for zzoup, for that matter.)

I believe solacefruit is merely a curiosity currently, with no in-game purpose. One of those things from Sunless Sea that occasionally pop up in Fallen London.

[quote=Sev ][quote=The Master]

Are you sure you didn’t just eat one or sell one accidently and only noticed it now? Solacefruit were given out for free on christmas(well, one was)so you probably didn’t notice losing the cherries in one way or another.[/quote]

Oh, that makes sense. That being the case, what do I do with Solacefruit? (Or a recipe for zzoup, for that matter.)[/quote]

Solacefruit currently have no uses other than being sold, and the recipe for zzoup can be sold on a certain event that happens randomly(and it’s pretty rare too, last year we didn’t get one from Failbetter at all, so don’t expect it any time soon).

When is Penstock’s Wicket become available?
It is January 6th, I have &quotExperiencing Strange Times: Twelve Days of Mr Sacks 12&quot and &quot Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre 17&quot but I don’t see that option anywhere.

[quote=Ivica]When is Penstock’s Wicket become available?
It is January 6th, I have &quotExperiencing Strange Times: Twelve Days of Mr Sacks 12&quot and &quot Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre 17&quot but I don’t see that option anywhere.[/quote]
From what I read last year was opened on the 6th of January (5th, but was an accident) so my hopes are that it’ll be soon open; as in 5-6 minutes! ToL 18 and 10 buckets away to be consumed!

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=Ivica]When is Penstock’s Wicket become available?
It is January 6th, I have &quotExperiencing Strange Times: Twelve Days of Mr Sacks 12&quot and &quot Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre 17&quot but I don’t see that option anywhere.[/quote]
From what I read last year was opened on the 6th of January (5th, but was an accident) so my hopes are that it’ll be soon open; as in 5-6 minutes! ToL 18 and 10 buckets away to be consumed![/quote]

Argh, it’s not here yet, come on game :)

The latter. It is indefinitely repeatable, the only quality it builds up is Dramatic Tension, and the only thing that takes Dramatic Tension is the POSI items. It doesn’t have an associated narrative the way that e.g. Affair of the Box does.

[quote=The Master]
Argh, it’s not here yet, come on game :)[/quote]
There it is!

Where? Where is the Wicket?

As for the War of Assassins: the items are not only for the bazaar sidestreets. You do find many other uses for Bazaar Permits etc. Collections of Curiosities can be sold to the Tomb Colonists, etc. Not a bad grind, all in all.

Robin, the Wicket closes at Jan 30 or 31, so time enough.

But I too thought they would pin the Sacks cards today… I don’t feel like hunting through my deck for them. Guess it’ll happen next week or so.

I still have 12 ToL after buying all lodgings I wanted. What is the best way to spend those? I don’t want to go to Nadir in order to save my overcapped (200+15) Watchful. Is it a good idea to create a Noman (there’s no way I can keep him until FoER)?
edited by ropewalker on 1/6/2017

You can get a noman and teach it your quirks. If you get it up to 15 Noman Knows, it’ll tell you a 300 echo secret.

First time at Penstock’s Wicket Agency. Can you recomend what to buy outside the Norman, please?

It’s my first time paying fate for one of the Mr Sacks stories (investigating with the Widow). Where does the story end? On the Mr Sacks cards, in Penstock’s? Somewhere else?

Edit: Ugh, never mind, I found it. backs quietly out of the room
edited by Myrto on 1/6/2017

Hello all. I am contemplating getting a noman - not to try to keep it alive very long, but to be able to interact with the story and perhaps get it to the nice reward if it progresses far enough. Simple, right? Well except that I am trying to decide whether I should buy it today or wait until next week.

My normal TtH is on Monday nights, but this past week it was delayed until Tuesday night - so I am not sure when my next one will be exactly. Help! Also, considering my goal, is it really not a huge deal to buy a noman potentially so close to my TtH? Thanks in advance!

Your TtH will be on Tuesday night from now on, unless it gets set back again. If you’re just going for the Noman Knows option, it’s probably better to buy it now and save yourself some ToL, especially if you’re a frequent card-flipper.

Nomans are not permanent?