Weekly Questions, Beginning 2/01/2017

They are not. When noman’s friendship runs out, or noman knows reaches 15, you can lose your noman. (But noman knows 15 is the end of the story)

I just purchased a zee znail shell retreat. Will the item disappear if I move out of it? Does this mean that I can never use my 5 card lodging without loosing the remote address?

No, like other lodgings, the associated item is permanent and can be used to move back in if you move out.

If you move to your 5-card lodging, however, you will not longer be at a Remote Address and will therefore receive all City Vices cards, in case that’s what you mean.

You either get a peaceful life in the Shell with 3 cards, or many cards but the perils of city living!

If you do nothing with it , the Norman can dissapear?

Also outside the norman it is anything good at Penstock’s Wicket Agency. Can you recomend what to buy outside the Norman, please? Are the retreats any good?

I bought the noman, thanks! I think I just needed a little push to make the decision!

I have a Dreadful Surmise in my inventory that definitely wasn’t there in mid-December, and I have no memory of getting it. Was it from the Advent Calendar, from some part of the Christmas/Sacksmas stories that’s not immediately visible in the wiki, from the January Exceptional story, or somewhere else?

Or is this something that happens if you have your phone in the exam room while you’re having your festive seasonal EEG, like the wires in my hair drew this Surmise directly up out of my sleep spindles and into the app.

It would probably have been from something fate-locked. There’s nothing I know of that would give you that at this time of year.

[quote=Spoonbeam]I have a Dreadful Surmise in my inventory that definitely wasn’t there in mid-December, and I have no memory of getting it. Was it from the Advent Calendar, from some part of the Christmas/Sacksmas stories that’s not immediately visible in the wiki, from the January Exceptional story, or somewhere else?

Or is this something that happens if you have your phone in the exam room while you’re having your festive seasonal EEG, like the wires in my hair drew this Surmise directly up out of my sleep spindles and into the app.[/quote]

Did you help one of the factions on day 4 of Mr Sacks? I know some of them can give a dreadful surmise as a reward if you finish their stories, there is nothing else that you can only do on christmas to get them.

I need an uncanny incunabulum, but all I can find are long grinds that yield a large number. Does anyone know the quickest way to get just one?

If you have access to the Cave of the Nadir, the Dubious Attribution card gives one if you have a journal of infamy.

One of the recent Exceptional stories had a Dreadful Surmise as one of the possible ending rewards, depending on what you chose. I’m not sure if it was December or November’s exceptional story, but it was definitely available in one of those. If you just recently played through or finished those, that could have been it?
edited by Amalgamate on 1/7/2017

How can I get 7 magnificent diamonds? I can not even seem to get one…

If you have access to the Bazaar Side-streets you can try your luck with trading Cryptic Clues for a bag of low quality diamonds. A rare success there will give you a Magnificent Diamond. You can also use 7 Criminal Favours for Pugilism and Politics (available from ‘an implausible penance’, which gives 1-2 Magnificent Diamonds in addition to 3 Ostentatious Diamonds.

You can get 2 magnificent diamonds from expeditions but as the reward is random it can take a long time before you get that result. The odds are best doing a Thieves cache.

If you have access to the Cave of the Nadir, the Dubious Attribution card gives one if you have a journal of infamy.[/quote]

Thanks! Unfortunately I just used my nadir for the week 2 days ago. Do you know of another way? If not then I will just wait till then.

If you have access to the Cave of the Nadir, the Dubious Attribution card gives one if you have a journal of infamy.[/quote]

Thanks! Unfortunately I just used my nadir for the week 2 days ago. Do you know of another way? If not then I will just wait till then.[/quote]

The wiki says you can get one (or was it two?) from a flash lay. See http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Uncanny_Incunabulum_Sources

Otherwise, it will be rare successes from certain up conversions, which I can vouch for but it’s unreliable. I can’t remember whether the info on the flash lay is accurate but at least there’s that to try if you’re in a hurry.

Mystery Item conversions end up with Uncanny Incunabulum. If you have a large number of any 50p item you can side convert until you get to Tales of Terror or Journals of Infamy to upconvert until you have 25 Extraordinary Implications and those to 5 Uncanny Incanubulum. You also need University connections.
edited by reveurciel on 1/7/2017

If you haven’t started the Jack case yet, you can get an incunabulum by playing through a loop of the velocipede squad and chosing the inspector option at the end. Again, this only works if you haven’t started the Jack case.