Weekly Questions, Beginning 17/10/2016

Ah, didn’t see that one somehow. It doesn’t seem to work for poems, though it’ll certainly be better for my short stories.

Cool, thanks for the info! Does that option increase it (to 2 or 3?) or just unlocks it? I want to try them all, but also benefit from every one!

Not exactly a question, more of an observation: I have just spent some Fate and unexpectedly, the world didn’t tilt very slightly on its axis but instead I got &quotYou have spent 5 Fate… And thank you! It’s folk like you who keep the game running.&quot Awww, you’re welcome FBG!
(Sorry for being mushy, folks. Must be Hallowmas. Paired with hysteria from having spent my last five points of Notability on a confession and now unable to force-draw the Amanuensis card.)
edited by Arandia on 10/24/2016

What’s the best way to grind MW, I’m trying to get five notability for a confession. My current strategy is using my free evenings for private dinner, then using all my actions for coffee, or if I get the society card.

[quote=Edward Frye]What’s the best way to grind MW, I’m trying to get five notability for a confession. My current strategy is using my free evenings for private dinner, then using all my actions for coffee, or if I get the society card.[/quote] Side converting 50p items is generally considered a good, albeit tedious, MW grind, that gives slightly better than 1 CP of waves on average. If you want something more interesting, it’s worth noting that expeditions and heists give MW as part of their payouts (heists definitely better here than expeditions).

As Kaigen said, 50p items conversion is best and reliable, but it requires a lot of clicks and scrolling. Final MW is ~1.6/AP, but there are other useful cards like Society’s, the Sardonic singer card Help her negotiate followed by An invitation to a rather exclusive soirée (if both challenges succeed, one can get 3 E and 3 MW for 2 AP), City Vices card which offers MW equal to scandal.
For the last, if you have 0 Scandal, equip bonnet or leggins, unequip it (gives 1 free CP) and equip both back and you have 3 scandal w/o wasting any AP.
EDIT: Oh, and Amanuensis’s card which has an option for 3 MW if you have 5 Notability. If you do have 5 Nota, keep the card and DO NOT discard it (like I did by accident). Use the Notability for confession and gain the first point from the card. If you waste all your Nota w/o having the card you’re in for a hard time as Amanuensis can’t be summoned from your lodgings if you don’t have any Nota.
edited by Skinnyman on 10/25/2016

Did someone already mention that moods are back? My alt drew a mood card just now. Now I hope that player marriage and the opportunity to gift a point of Notability will follow soon.
edited by Arandia on 10/25/2016

As Kaigen said, 50p items conversion is best and reliable, but it requires a lot of clicks and scrolling. Final MW is ~1.6/AP, but there are other useful cards like Society’s, the Sardonic singer card Help her negotiate followed by An invitation to a rather exclusive soirée (if both challenges succeed, one can get 3 E and 3 MW for 2 AP), City Vices card which offers MW equal to scandal.
For the last, if you have 0 Scandal, equip bonnet or leggins, unequip it (gives 1 free CP) and equip both back and you have 3 scandal w/o wasting any AP.
EDIT: Oh, and Amanuensis’s card which has an option for 3 MW if you have 5 Notability. If you do have 5 Nota, keep the card and DO NOT discard it (like I did by accident). Use the Notability for confession and gain the first point from the card. If you waste all your Nota w/o having the card you’re in for a hard time as Amanuensis can’t be summoned from your lodgings if you don’t have any Nota.
edited by Skinnyman on 10/25/2016[/quote]
How should I get the 50p items?

You almost certainly have 50 of one set of 50p items. All you need is the one stack of 50 to begin the process. After that, it is self-fueling and indefinitely repeatable.

The side-conversions are a cycle: you convert 50 of one type of item into 51 of another type of item. Then 50 of that second type into 51 of a third, and so forth. 11 actions later, you are back to the original item you started with, with 5.5E of extra stuff. Four of the eleven conversions give a couple points of MW.

OK, I realise that this may be a very, very stupid question but it’s just been nagging me a little. What are the empty slots next to second chances for? Clicking on them takes me to the ‘Myself’ tab, and I don’t remember them ever being filled. I’d check the wiki, but wouldn’t even know what to search for.

There use to be another type of second chances for each. (The only one I remember is anti-candles, which I will always miss)

Thank you! I wondered if it was a relic. I mean, I also wondered if it was bunch of other things too.

There are Twincandles (Persuasive, &quotSee both sides of an argument&quot), Listening Candle (Watchful), Surprise Attack Plans (Dangerous and a common sight), and Letter of Introduction (Watchful, It was available for an extremely brief period when you sell Monsieur Pleat your research and the game is very eager to get rid of them first)

If you leave a club to join another, can you rejoin it later or are you shunned for life?

Does anyone happen to know an equation for how much cp makes up connected:hell 165?

lvc = level, caped at 50.
lvo = level - 50, cannot go below 0.
cp for connect:hell 165 = (lvc*(lvc+1)/2)+ lvo*50

I’m not sure that’s precisely right, but it works, at least, for lvc = 1 and lvc = 50+, so whether it’s right for the in-between levels isn’t so neccessary to worry about.
edited by Grenem on 10/26/2016

lvc = level, caped at 50.
lvo = level - 50, cannot go below 0.
cp for connect:hell 165 = (lvc*(lvc+1)/2)+ lvo*50

I’m not sure that’s precisely right, but it works[/quote]

Thanks! I now have 1124 echos to get over the next three days, WHICH IS LIKE A WEEK OFF MY NEXT GOAT :)
edited by surreyjack on 10/26/2016

You will be able to join another club, actually, the whole point of leaving a club is usually to change it(and im pretty sure the game mentions this).

As I delayed the visit to the Iron Republic, it seems I am forced to get that journal ASAP. Now, regarding menaces, what’s the best thing to do? Go with high menaces or none?

If you’re just there for the journal and not looking for a particular path through (say, for the Austere and Hedonism grinding loop), it shouldn’t really matter much. Your menaces will likely be reset to specific value ranges regardless of what you entered with.