Weekly Questions, Beginning 17/10/2016

I have reached 77 SMEN and will head North after Hallowmas. However, I have 46 Fate sitting around. Which Fate Locked Exceptional Tale would you recommend that I take as a last huzzah.

Lore is more important than material rewards. You
edited by th8827 on 10/21/2016

[quote=th8827]I have reached 77 SMEN and will head North after Hallowmas. However, I have 46 Fate sitting around. Which Fate Locked Exceptional Tale would you recommend that I take as a last huszah.

Lore is more important than material rewards.
edited by th8827 on 10/21/2016[/quote]

If you haven’t already done it, Lost in Reflections.

What’s the best way to cash in hell connections? I’ve become suspicious that the connected->renown conversion for hell may take quite some time, and I want to get into jail without getting a criminal record by failing to rob the brass embassy. Before I do that though, I’d like to liquidate my connections.

Is trading connections in the forgotten quarter the best way, or is there a better way?

Some time ago I progressed through the Intimate of Devils storyline to level 9 before deciding I’d rather keep my soul. Now my deck is cluttered with croquet games and infernal dinners and the like. What’s the best way to minimize the number of cards this story spawns (aside from giving in and handing over my soul)?

[quote=earthbourn]What’s the best way to minimize the number of cards this story spawns (aside from giving in and handing over my soul)?[/quote]Just snub them. Decline playing croquet with them, decline their gifts, brag at picnics, fail their expectations at dinner (admittedly more difficult) etcetera. Mechanically - just do everything to lower the ‘Intimate’ quality. You can get it to zero this way, and will be left alone then.

Even faster - get your soul stained. Just once. You’ll only need them to notice once, and be rid of them forever. Although… I actually just mention this for… Hey, it’s most efficient, innit? And completely painless, also. Totally. No hidden agenda there. Trust me. Why wouldn’t you?

(don’t)

I have &quotEmbroiled in the Wars of Illusion 25&quot, so to my knowledge I am finished with that storyline. Now, I read somewhere that you could reset the story (and thus explore the other side of it) by raising Bats, Cats, Seeking and Investigating to 5 again.
Is there any truth to that?
EDIT: I just found the &quotShroud and the Glass&quot thread below this one, so I am guessing that what I heard is indeed not true.
edited by Arandia on 10/23/2016

[quote=Kaijyuu]What’s the best way to cash in hell connections? I’ve become suspicious that the connected->renown conversion for hell may take quite some time, and I want to get into jail without getting a criminal record by failing to rob the brass embassy. Before I do that though, I’d like to liquidate my connections.

Is trading connections in the forgotten quarter the best way, or is there a better way?[/quote]
Not really. none of the ways of cashing in hell-favors on a large scale are all that good. Conflict cards, I suppose.

How do I get secluded addresses?

Darn. I ended up redeeming a lot of it at the court for inspired, though I know this isn’t the most cost effective way to get all those poems and novels (each action essentially costs me ~60 pence to get +5 more inspired than I’d get otherwise).

No easy sources, to be honest. You can get them when hunting the big rat, if you have a pleasure yacht at zee, with a luck challenge in the court, from your plant at certain levels, and from a long shot luck chance from Mr Pages at the Labyrinth. It entirely depends where you are in stories.

[quote=Reshemin]Just snub them. Decline playing croquet with them, decline their gifts, brag at picnics, fail their expectations at dinner (admittedly more difficult) etcetera. Mechanically - just do everything to lower the ‘Intimate’ quality. You can get it to zero this way, and will be left alone then.

Even faster - get your soul stained. Just once. You’ll only need them to notice once, and be rid of them forever. Although… I actually just mention this for… Hey, it’s most efficient, innit? And completely painless, also. Totally. No hidden agenda there. Trust me. Why wouldn’t you?

(don’t)[/quote]

You know, I hadn’t even thought of staining my soul! That would be quickest, and useful for other totally harmless endeavors…

Thanks for the suggestions!

Darn. I ended up redeeming a lot of it at the court for inspired, though I know this isn’t the most cost effective way to get all those poems and novels (each action essentially costs me ~60 pence to get +5 more inspired than I’d get otherwise).
[/quote]
You’re overvaluing hell cp. The original estimate is 2 pence, but that places the value of actions without cards at 0. 120 cp for 2.4 echoes brass is (2.4 - [value of one action])/120 per cp. For most people who’ve unlocked the court, that places one cp at 1 pence. for post-game players who can 100% box, it’s closer to 3 cp for 2 pence. In short, unless you’re burning through ~60-90 cp, you’re overvaluing hell. {also, the best method is prisoner’s honey, it’s that much faster.}
edited by Grenem on 10/24/2016

It’s 15 cp per 240 brass, not 120.

Also is this what you mean by using prisoner’s honey?
edited by Kaijyuu on 10/24/2016

[quote=Kaijyuu]It’s 15 cp per 240 brass, not 120.

Also is this what you mean by using prisoner’s honey?
edited by Kaijyuu on 10/24/2016[/quote]
no, this one: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Composition:_the_high_path

Either the wiki is wrong, or the wiki was wrong, or I stand corrected. Pick one.
edited by Grenem on 10/24/2016

Called it!

Is this currently really the only way to get the quality &quotPutting the Pieces Together: The Drownies&quot?

Theres also an option under attract a visitor at hallowmas.

[quote=suinicide]Theres also an option under attract a visitor at hallowmas.[/quote]This one? According to the wiki, you need to have PtPT:TD already to unlock it…

Then unless you want to spend some fate, it is the only way.

Is there such an option? Hum, is it more interesting to get it via text or Heist? Or the text is the same?

There’s an option under courier’s work in the spite. I think the text is more interesting.