Weekly Questions, Beginning 17/04/2017

Since you just need 1 point, you can raise this quickly in the Carnival’s side shows (up to 10).

Since you just need 1 point, you can raise this quickly in the Carnival’s side shows (up to 10).[/quote]

Forgot about the Carnival, thank you!

Which end of the &quotA Long-Lost Daughter&quot story, gives you &quotA Daughter in the Shadows&quot companion: trust or don’t trust her.

Trust her! She’s your daughter!

Are there any material rewards for pursuing Heart’s Desire Ambition?
How long is the University storyline?
Why a bottle of Greyfields 1882 cost more than a bottle of 1879?

[quote=Srebro]Are there any material rewards for pursuing Heart’s Desire Ambition?
How long is the University storyline?
Why a bottle of Greyfields 1882 cost more than a bottle of 1879?[/quote]
Ambition content is not complete, and has not been updated in a while. Theoretically, there are significant rewards at the hypothetical end. In the meantime, some (all?) ambitions give a few unique pieces of equipment along the way.

The University storyline is of reasonable length. It’s mostly carousel-driven. If you want, you could plow through it relatively quickly. Be aware that advancing the University storyline permanently loses access to previous content, and several people have expressed regret at locking themselves out without paying enough attention. There are a few beneficial grinds you lose access to, such as a repeatable source of Sudden Insights, and one of the few reliable ways to raise Hedonist rather high.

According to the item description, 1882 was a good year.

Thank you for an answer.

What other university content I should keep an eye on?

So I was curious about the &quotOne Who Has Indulged in Unknown Pleasures&quot quality when I spotted it on my sheet. Couldn’t remember where it came from. Looking at the wiki it seems to be something to do with the Nemesis ambition, and yet my ambition is Light Fingers and always has been. How did I come by this quality? Am I bugged or is there some other way to get it? Can’t see one on the wiki.[b]

[/b]I even have the bleedin’ tattoo for it, Lord knows why. Don’t know what I was thinking there, getting tattooed up with something that I had no idea what it was. Probably had had a skinful. That would be like me.

You can also get it during the feast of the rose, by visiting the princess.

You can also get this quality when making the acquaintance of the Captivating Princess. After all, you share red honey with her…

Ah! That makes sense. Yes, that was quite an evening.

Didn’t make the connection. I guess nothing showed up on the wiki because of it being from a Fate-locked story.

Thanks, chaps! Mystery solved.

It’s not fatelocked if you put in the effort in February. My dear departed Seeker did it for a lark shortly before heading North.

[quote=Srebro]Thank you for an answer.

What other university content I should keep an eye on?[/quote]
There’s a very profitable end-game grind you can lose access to if you complete the storyline.

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Investigations_in_the_university (to gain clues and Investigating at the same time)
+
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Raid_a_Message-drop (use at 5 Investigating)
+
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/A_bag_of_low-quality_diamonds (to turn in your cryptic clues)
edited by Kaijyuu on 4/21/2017

[quote=Plynkes]Ah! That makes sense. Yes, that was quite an evening.

Didn’t make the connection. I guess nothing showed up on the wiki because of it being from a Fate-locked story.[/quote]

It’s on the wiki:
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:One_who_has_Indulged_in_Unknown_Pleasures_Gain

You’re looking for: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Share_a_little_honey_with_the_Captivating_Princess

Ah yes, there it is. Missed that somehow. I think I was confusing this with that other business under the palace with a princess. Was that a different princess? I find it hard to tell them all apart sometimes.

Is there a way to know how many CP of a certain quality I have? For example, if I have making waves at 20, how further away I am from 21?

If you increase it and hover over its picture, you can see it. Otherwise, you need to set it as your mantlepiece quality, go to your storynexus account page and view the source code. Search for “making waves” and it should say how much you have.

1. Where do i use a Rubbery Skull?
  2. “The Spinning of the Wheels 6 - A Right Troublemaker Poking your nose into the hidden business of the Velocipede Squad.” How do i progress further? Do i need to grind “Riding the Savage Cobbles” to 7 again?
  3. If i write a bot for FL will i get banned? What is the policy about automatisation?
  1. It has no use.
  2. Yes, probably more than once.
  3. Probably.

According to the game’s Terms and Conditions:

[quote]Failbetter Games may suspend the accounts of any users it deems to be engaging in malicious or inappropriate conduct. Such conduct includes but is not limited to:

• unauthorised use of automation or scripting to interact with the site;[/quote]

edited by dov on 4/22/2017