Weekly Questions, Beginning 17/04/2017

[quote=Aronia]I’ve got a couple questions of my own, too.
Second, has anyone ever tried making a Fallen London LARP? Not that I would be able to participate even if such things do happen, but… just being curious.[/quote]

I have no idea about FL LARP (FLLARP?), but if I ever participated, I would need this: https://i0.wp.com/i.huffpost.com/gen/1193894/thumbs/o-GUINEA-PIG-ARMOR-facebook.jpg

The conflict card between Church and Hell will give you 30 CP of Connected: The Church (at the expense of 15 CP of Connected: Hell).

But what exactly do you mean by getting &quotGod’s Editors storylet&quot?

If you mean the card Making the Good Book Better and the option A donation to Saint Cyriac’s Illuminated College in it, then this only requires 20 Connected: The Church, and you can raise it this much without relying on cards:

• Raise it up to 10 in the Carnival’s Big Top.[/li][li]Raise it up to 20 by using a Tiny Jewelled Reliquary (you can buy this for 40 echoes at the Bazaar and sell it back when you’re done for 35 echoes).

Thank you. I’ve not been clear on the use of items to boost connected so this is helpful. And cheap!

EDIT: When I said God’s editors storylet I meant this one: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/An_opening_among_God’s_Editors
edited by SeveredJoke on 4/18/2017

The next seasonal event is the election in July, right?

They should bring it forward to coincide with the newly-declared UK general election. That would be fun. Certainly more fun than watching actual real-world election coverage.

Any info on when is Knife-and-Candle will be avaible again?

Knife and Candle is at Mr. Iron’s whim. He is not known for talking.

Yeah, but I bet he could text on two phones at once!

I’ve recently found “a recipe for zzoup” in the Cave of Nadir, of all places. I checked the wiki and it seems that the only use of this item is tied to content available only by access code. Does anybody know if there are codes still active? Is it tied to seasonal events?

De Gustibus was a semi-seasonal event, but hasn’t been around for the last couple years. It may return in future but for now the recipe is just for collecting.

Please also note that you can only have one copy of the recipe at a time. Once you collect it, (barring the return of de Gustibus,) don’t use that option again, as you’ll only waste the Blackmail Material.

After reaching Tales of the University 24, does the Fate locked option advance the story or it’s impossible to miss the Notes on the Case of the Speculative Arachnid?
And second, is it possible to miss A Rainbow of Offerings? I don’t really remember if I used mine and I can’t tell from wiki if a specialization requires cashing in the offerings.

[quote=Skinnyman]
And second, is it possible to miss A Rainbow of Offerings? I don’t really remember if I used mine and I can’t tell from wiki if a specialization requires cashing in the offerings.[/quote]
I think that when you reach a specialization, you can’t access a rainbow of offerings anymore. However, if the storylet doesn’t appear in the bazaar side-street, and you don’t have a specialization, it’s safe to assume you already used yours.

[quote=DrMoriviri]
I think that when you reach a specialization, you can’t access a rainbow of offerings anymore. However, if the storylet doesn’t appear in the bazaar side-street, and you don’t have a specialization, it’s safe to assume you already used yours.[/quote]
I know the Offering is closed after choosing a specialization, but I was wondering if you can choose a specialization if you haven’t picked your offering. Meh… 12 cellars of wine are probably lost!

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=DrMoriviri]
I think that when you reach a specialization, you can’t access a rainbow of offerings anymore. However, if the storylet doesn’t appear in the bazaar side-street, and you don’t have a specialization, it’s safe to assume you already used yours.[/quote]
I know the Offering is closed after choosing a specialization, but I was wondering if you can choose a specialization if you haven’t picked your offering. Meh… 12 cellars of wine are probably lost![/quote]
You can choose a specialization without being PoSI if you manage to get the other requirements. There are actually pure Notability sources for non-PoSI, such as marriages.

IIRC it’s just a slighlty more loreific text, and doesn’t advance anything.

Does your type of lodgings/ship affect the number of cards in the Broad Unterzee in any way? What about overseas locations like Polythreme?
I’ve just moved to my Brass Embassy Guest Room, then went out to the zee. I couldn’t help but notice I still only get three cards in hand there. I’m still using the Rusty Tramp Steamer, though.

The Zee will always be three cards regardless of your ship or lodgings, and I’m fairly certain the same goes for the other overseas places (I think the only one besides Polythreme that has cards is the tomb colonies? Could be wrong).
Having a better lodging WILL affect the number of cards you can draw in the Nadir, which is quite useful.
edited by Pumpkinhead on 4/19/2017

Tomb Colonies aren’t reachable directly by Zee, just to note. The hand limit size occurred a year or so ago. However, you now have unlimited draw which is very important !

[quote=Aronia]Does your type of lodgings/ship affect the number of cards in the Broad Unterzee in any way? What about overseas locations like Polythreme?
I’ve just moved to my Brass Embassy Guest Room, then went out to the zee. I couldn’t help but notice I still only get three cards in hand there. I’m still using the Rusty Tramp Steamer, though.[/quote]
There are a few specific locations where you always have room for exactly 3 cards in your hand, but also have an infinite deck (i.e. you can always draw a card as long as you have a place in your hand).

As far as I know, the only such locations are: (1) on the Zee, (2) during a Flash Lay, and (3) Sinning Jenny’s School (Fate locked).

Any other location has a regular deck, and how many cards you can hold in your hand depends on your current lodgings.

What’s the easiest way to get Connected: Revolutionaries? I need one point for the Affluent Photographer.