Weekly Questions, Beginning 12/09/2016.

[quote=dov]If you’re after the Bazaar lodgings, then why Cryptic Clues?
This lodging costs 80,000 Whispered Secrets (very expensive), or 50 Bazaar Permits (less expensive).

With max Shadowy and a Gang of Hoodlums, you can get 1 Bazaar Permit for every 10 actions, via Thefts of a Particular Character in the Flit.[/quote]
I keep mixing up the names…

I know that there’s a card that appears at Reknown: Criminals 20. One also needs Reknown: Tomb-Colonists 10 to get Mercies as acquaintances. Are there any similar options for Docks and Rubbery Men that are covered with a for of war?

renown 25 for rubberies gives the best non-seasonal, fate-free, persuasive companion. renown 40 gives the best persuasive weapon for those with flute street, but does nothing for those without. renown 10[? something like that,] gives a mediocre item that’s only useful to completionists.

Docks unlocks a slow-but-favor-free upconversion method, and a possibly cheaper? source of whirring contraptions, at 40 echoes in prisoner’s honey and 10 echoes cash, for either a whirring contraption (common result) or 300 scarabs (alternative &quotsuccess&quot. worse outcome, but hey- they’re nice for making the contraptions the other way, at least!)

[quote=th8827][quote=dov]If you’re after the Bazaar lodgings, then why Cryptic Clues?
This lodging costs 80,000 Whispered Secrets (very expensive), or 50 Bazaar Permits (less expensive).

With max Shadowy and a Gang of Hoodlums, you can get 1 Bazaar Permit for every 10 actions, via Thefts of a Particular Character in the Flit.[/quote]
I keep mixing up the names…[/quote]

If you’re going for whispered secrets, keep in mind that you can barter various goods for whispered secrets in the first coil of the labyrinth of tigers, as well as convert extraordinary implications into whispered secrets on mutton island.

But if you’re Seeking, you’ll be wanting 12 notability soon enough for Destin’s candle – so it’s worth noting that you can grind both bazaar permits and making waves pretty efficiently using heists.

There’s also this card for Renown 10 Rubbery, but can’t tell if it gives a Favour (doubt it) and I think the comment regarding the 140 Amber outcome is mine.

I already have Notability 12.

It’s a matter of repeating fate-locked options, like singing for Mr Wines during the Fate-locked Revel and taking the Fate-locked option on the Decommissioned Steamer’s card. You could also reset some stories that have an opportunity to gain Master connections, like the Affair of the Box and Jack-of-Smiles. Everything I’m aware of requires spending Fate for each increase.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 9/15/2016

Speaking of Renown, I know the next faction to be reworked from Connections to Favours/Renown is Urchins, but is there any word about when that’s going to happen?

We still have no idea when it will happen.

What are the best ways to raise stats in the 150+ range?

What are the best ways to raise stats in the 150+ range?

Social actions and then using the second chances to boost your stat are almost always the fastest way to raise your stats. “Best” is such a subjective term.

Skill levelling in the endgame is so bloody awful. There’s no interesting content that gives a huge boost of CPs like Making Your Name stories. All which is left for you are the endings of Ambitions, Jack’s case, Nadir. Farming for farming mostly, an endless repetitive action.
My Shadowy is 150 now, and i’m currently sitting in the Unfinished business in Spite, farming Souls (larger, powerful souls) with a Talkative rat as a partner. Which else options for Shadowy am i missing in London? I can’t leave it atm because i’m waiting for a Presumptuous Opportunity to get an Airag for Heart’s Desire business at Polythreme.
edited by sosisqua on 9/16/2016

[quote=sosisqua]Skill levelling in the endgame is so bloody awful. There’s no interesting content that gives a huge boost of CPs like Making Your Name stories. All which is left for you are the endings of Ambitions, Jack’s case, Nadir. Farming for farming mostly, an endless repetitive action.
My Shadowy is 150 now, and i’m currently sitting in the Unfinished business in Spite, farming Souls (larger, powerful souls) with a Talkative rat as a partner. Which else options for Shadowy am i missing in London? I can’t leave it atm because i’m waiting for a Presumptuous Opportunity to get an Airag for Heart’s Desire business at Polythreme.
edited by sosisqua on 9/16/2016[/quote]

As the comment above says, doing social actions to get second chances and turning them into shadowy is the fastest way to get a stat up.

Ha-ha. Now show me the person who’s into Loitering and not afraid to lose some 0.01 of their MW.

UPD: Hey, there is a pending request for a Private Supper with you in my messages that’s lying there for a month!
edited by sosisqua on 9/16/2016

Waves

Hi there! I’m already a Glassman, so I have no use whatsoever for Notability except to grind and spend it for Favorable Circumstances. As a result … yeah, you guessed it … I couldn’t give one fig for MW.

I’m quite sure if you don’t mind loitering and I don’t mind loitering that there simply Must be a third person out there somewhere in the Neath that also doesn’t mind loitering …

grins

Some said they’re into it but they were all gone after 2-3 attempts. Would you Loiter with me for 10 times in a row?

PM sent. (to take this off the thread)

Aside from loitering, I find Heists are a pretty good way to raise Shadowy when you’re in that range and can succeed at the Gang of Hoodlums check 100% of the time. +20 CP at the end of each one, plus MW and a decent payout.

(Incidentally, I never got why you could get MW for heists but not for loitering suspiciously. Surely both involve socializing with the same group of people…?)

Since Presumptuous Opportunity was mentioned…is there a way to accidentaly lock yourself out of that card? I have been piling Airags for my Tears for almost a month now, and damned card is nowhere to be seen…