Weekly Questions, Beginning 12/09/2016.

Here’s this week’s thread for quick questions! Hope you find the answers you need!

Do the preparation stages of Flint limit my choices later on? Which comrades to bring? What to steal along with the Knapt?

1. No 2) Choose the one you want 3) choose the one you want

Does anyone know how common the -1 engima failure is when making wild guesses? is it worth making guesses, or should I just stop after the first enigma, and move onto another route to gather enigmas?

I think it’s a net loss of Enigmas, but I’ve only ever done it the one time.

well, the thing is… there’s three outcomes. A success, which is +1 searing enigmas, and occurs 20% of the time. A standard failure, which is no loss of enigmas, just appaling secrets, and a rare failure, which is -1 enigmas. So I know failing is more likely than success, but I don’t know how common the -1 engima outcome is. Does that make sense?

If anyone’s done any detailed testing, it would be neat to know the results.

well, the thing is… there’s three outcomes. A success, which is +1 searing enigmas, and occurs 20% of the time. A standard failure, which is no loss of enigmas, just appaling secrets, and a rare failure, which is -1 enigmas. So I know failing is more likely than success, but I don’t know how common the -1 engima outcome is. Does that make sense?

If anyone’s done any detailed testing, it would be neat to know the results.[/quote]

I’m aware of the three outcomes, though before this post I only got the one Searing Enigma loss. To offer some test data I’ve just tried it seven times myself on an account and got the following:

4 Searing Enigma Losses
2 Searing Enigma Gains
1 Regular Loss

If anyone’s done any detailed testing, it would be neat to know the results.[/quote]

I’m aware of the three outcomes, though before this post I only got the one Searing Enigma loss. To offer some test data I’ve just tried it seven times myself on an account and got the following:

4 Searing Enigma Losses
2 Searing Enigma Gains
1 Regular Loss[/quote]
Ah. so far I don’t think I’ve seen the searing enigma loss at all, but clearly the loss-rate is much higher than I thought. Lesson learned, I guess.
edited by Grenem on 9/13/2016

Popping in with 2 more questions:

1. I’m working on getting the texts for successes in University Carousel level 5, but Wiki claims The library roof’s option Report them to the Constables costs all Revolutionaries connections. If that’s true, does anyone have the echo for it?

2. I decided to try and get a Crimson book which means I’ll need a lot of wines. Getting Airag with Velocipede costs ~54.57 AP and yields, on average, 2.25 more E which places it at 1.186 EPA; the values include conversion and the extras from them w/o counting rare success.
    Besides expeditions I don’t have access to the 4th Coil nor have I finished the Box affair. If the information was right, the latter is a few pennies better than the Velocipede carousel, but point is I don’t want to rush to the end of the stories just for a grind. That’s why I am enjoying the University life as much as I can (and grab a few bottles while I level hedonist :D)!
    So, any other fast, reliable or enjoyable carousels or grind?
    edited by Skinnyman on 9/13/2016

Could someone please point me to a thread (if there is one) for analysing the use of Criminal Favours. I found one for tomb colonies and the docks, I think, but can’t find the one for criminals.

If no such thread exists, what’s the best use of Criminal Favours once you’ve maxed out your Renown? Beating the Minister from the Implausible Penance? The new Heist? Simply calling in Favours at The Flit? Something else?

[quote=genesis]
If no such thread exists, what’s the best use of Criminal Favours once you’ve maxed out your Renown? Beating the Minister from the Implausible Penance? The new Heist? Simply calling in Favours at The Flit? Something else?[/quote]

The best is on the Criminals Reknown: 20 card, choosing Humbug!

[quote=Parelle]
The best is on the Criminals Reknown: 20 card, choosing Humbug![/quote]

Yes that I am aware of. I do take it whenever it appears. But I guess I am more concerned about the situations where I am sitting on 7 Favours and new sources of Favours come up. I’d like to not waste the Favour gathering opportunities and spend the 7 Favours efficiently.

Other than turning it into renown, I don’t think criminals has a reliable use for favours. I suppose you could start an expedition.

[quote=genesis]
Yes that I am aware of. I do take it whenever it appears. But I guess I am more concerned about the situations where I am sitting on 7 Favours and new sources of Favours come up. I’d like to not waste the Favour gathering opportunities and spend the 7 Favours efficiently.[/quote]

Got it. The expedition option is always available, which is handy. There is a a passably good return on the Henchmen/Acomplice conflict card as long as you have the source diamonds.

I always forget the expedition. The henchman and accomplice is my go to use of criminal favors (which I get a lot of). But there are occasions when I’m waiting on Flowerdene to pop up and I ought to recall in those circumstances the expedition, I can always just start it and get back to whatever I was already doing.

[quote=genesis]Could someone please point me to a thread (if there is one) for analysing the use of Criminal Favours. I found one for tomb colonies and the docks, I think, but can’t find the one for criminals.

If no such thread exists, what’s the best use of Criminal Favours once you’ve maxed out your Renown? Beating the Minister from the Implausible Penance? The new Heist? Simply calling in Favours at The Flit? Something else?[/quote]
Usually, the best option seems to be the Criminals vs. constables card at 5 favors, followed by the renown-based card, followed by beating the minister, IIRC.

Have I missed the item trade in for the Revolutions season stories?

Pretty sure it still didn’t happen.

I’ve played for about 9 month and haven’t seen a single even of Particular Day in the Neath. Are they even active or long lost and forgotten?

They’re events. and not common ones either, though whether they’re forgotten or just inactive is unknown.