Weekly Questions, Beginning 03/07/2017

The last time I had Revolutionaries anything like this high I sat in the Flit for two months and got one card.

I should amend the question - how might I do so if the RNG hates me?

[quote]
My Time the Healer is late; it arrived almost a full day after its usual time last week (over 22 hours), and it looks set to repeat that performance this week. [/quote]

Time the Healer is always at least a week after your previous one. So if the last one was late by some time, then that moves your expected time up by that much. It’s never going to go &quotback&quot to an earlier time, I think.
edited by Amalgamate on 7/8/2017

It’s fairly easy to make the revolutionaries hate you, but hard to do so profitably. There’s no way to call in Favours except the card, which also gives you Advancing the Liberation of Night. There’s also the conflict card, which can be drawn anywhere but is Very Infrequent and requires Rubbery favours.

Good luck, I guess.

If you don’t care about profit and haven’t started on Plotting Against The Masters, the beginning card gives you an option to Inform the Constables about them, which removes the Connected: Revolutionaries quality from you altogether.
You also get a Constables favour and some Ragged Clothes as a reward!
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 7/8/2017

How does one increase steadfast? I’ve gone from 15 to 7 in a short period, mainly from finding patsies to take the fall from too many lectures in the FQ and doing too many election flash lays.

If you are still working on them, leveling up your Rubbery or Tomb-Colonist Renown will do it in the later stages. You get some every time it rises and the cap is 15.

I got to 15 Steadfast that way without even wanting to. Probably more efficient ways, but that’s how I did it by accident. :)

I’m pretty sure Criminals renown does so at some point? If it’s not the favor trade in it might be the favor gain on A Merry Sort of Crime, but idk what the limit is

Yes, from Renown 15 and onwards, Criminals, Rubbery Men and Tomb-Colonies all increase Steadfast up to 15, and lower Heartless. At least according to the wiki. And at the Fruits of the Zee festival it’s only possible to increase Steadfast up to 10 with the ‘One last effort!’ option while fishing. Also at the cost of Heartless.

Once your Steadfast is as high as 12, you can use the Quirk Polisher option on the Antique Constable’s Badge to push it the rest of the way to 15. Since you only have a finite number of times you can increase Renown, it might be wise to reserve them solely for punching through the 10-12 barrier.

Going from 40 renown to the max is actually quite a lot of turnins. Assuming you can reach 50, that’s 16-17 turnins, which are +5 cp quirk each. Even if you can only reach 45-46 or so with your stats, that’s more than enough to get from 10-12 in a quirk.

tl;dr: don’t be afraid to hit 40 renown even if you want to use the turnin for quirks. Just don’t go past that capriciously.
edited by Kaijyuu on 7/9/2017

FYI - it seems that there is no actual max.

While 50 is the highest Renown you can get when Connected is auto-converted, there are reports of people pushing Renown higher with Favours. With best gear (and a mood), some base qualities can be high enough to allow Renown 52.

Ah ok, my renown is 40 and above for all the previous batches of changes, thanks for that. Will use that only as a last resort because some of them are close to the base quality caps.

[quote=Robin Alexander]What ways are there to raise Hell favours?

I know of two opportunity cards, which never seem to want to show, and - after accidentally spending what I did have, because of a misclick and the game allowing you to click on options that do nothing for your character - I’m more in need than ever before my making waves goes down . . . the wiki just said &quotcoming soon&quot when I clicked it :-/[/quote]

Hell Faction card, Polite Invitation, An Afternoon of good deeds (option that raises Scandal) are the main sources of them as far as I know. Also, having Macaw as Connected Pet. You can also go to Polythreme and spy for Brass Embassy, but that is one hell of a grind ( pun totally intended).

If you have a Brass Embassy lodging there is an option on its card, too.

Does anyone know if leftover election social action invitations will disappear automatically at some point, or do I have to go through my messages and clean them up manually?

Does anyone know of anything particularly profitable that inflicts wounds? I just got A Dream of Blood and don’t have room in my hand to keep it for any length of time. I’ve already done the Scholar of Correspondence run which is the only thing for which I know the card to be super-helpful.

[li]
The only thing I can think of is only a good deal if you have Nightmares to Cure (i.e. Gawp at the Hyena in the Labyrinth of Tigers; 0.95 echoes of Mysteries items and -3 CP of Nightmares per action).

Hello everyone.
I’ve been away from Fallen London for a while.

I was a bit into the Bag a Legend storyline - 17 according to my myself page - but now I cannot figure out where to pick it up again.
I’ve looked through every district of London open to me, but I can’t find mention of it anywhere…

I hope it isn’t over, I liked that hunt.

definitely not! I believe at BaL 17, you ought to direct your steps in the direction of the Shuttered Palace.

Yes! That was it!

I remember I was gathering something at the time, but I forgot that it was the wine needed to get in there.

Thank you, that was most helpful.