Weekly Questions, Beginning 03/07/2017

Well, happily, we now have our Election subforum to cover election questions - so here’s this week’s thread for general short inquiries!

Has the requirements for the cards leading to ‘a rendezvous at watchmaker’s hill’ changed? My latest alt completed one and has been milling cards around the city without finding more. Just bad luck, or do they not unlock when you already have the quality?

They changed it.

Blast. Thank you for the answer. Shame, is I always thought it was a nice way to introduce new player to the various factions, their conflicts and lore whilst making some early but simple choices about who their character was.

I agree but with the change to Favours and Renown it was decided that it made it too easy to use those cards to get Favours.

add 1cp of renown and cap at 2 for the factions on that card? Then its rendered moot by the carnival.

In the Secrets framed in gold fate locked story is there a chance to do over or am I stuck with the final decision?

I went to sell with the hope I could buyit back again later but then unintentionally helped those I vowed vengeance on

You are stuck with your ending.

Damn.

Thanks for letting me know. Can anyone PM the other ending please?

Is the nocturnal visitor to the cellar quality linked to the fate locked The Gift storylet? The value is as high as it goes but the story doesnn’t seem to move on.
edited by SeveredJoke on 7/5/2017

The story has yet to be finished.

Thanks for letting me know. I won’t waste valuable resources on that card any more!

Damn.

Thanks for letting me know. Can anyone PM the other ending please?

Is the nocturnal visitor to the cellar quality linked to the fate locked The Gift storylet? The value is as high as it goes but the story doesnn’t seem to move on.
edited by SeveredJoke on 7/5/2017[/quote]

If I remember correctly, having the nocturnal visitor quality at its current highest (5? I think) Does change a small amount of text in the Gift story.

I can PM you more details on what gets changed if that’d be a help?

I’ll try and find you the SFiG ending too (It’s buried somewhere in my echoes) if you still need it? :-)

Edit: Found and sent :-)

edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 7/5/2017

Thanks again! I haven’t paid for The Gift yet (I think that will be for next month) so please no spoilers yet! I would be grateful though for the alternate SFiG ending. I didn’t want to jeopardise my friendship and though foolishly that I could get it back!

It’s impressive how the writing makes you care so much about NPCs! The Regretful Soldier’s tale alone made me pay out for the spirit trade!

[quote=Charlotte_de_Witte]
If I remember correctly, having the nocturnal visitor quality at its current highest (5? I think) Does change a small amount of text in the Gift story.[/quote]
Think it’s only level 1.

@SeveredJoke I do hope you’ll pick the right option when the time comes during The Gift! :D

Very busy RL these weeks and I didn’t find any place where people can request to be mobbed by an Agitator! Reached level 20, did an investigation and I’m open to try the mechanics! :D

Skinnyman I don’t think anybody has created a thread for that purpose. I’ve been mobbed so will have to do a Flash Lay or Investigation to leave myself open to another attack. One thing about them I hadn’t seen mentioned anywhere is that you get MW for disposing of the mob (not sure about cp’s though)

Is there something wrong with the server? My action candle isn’t working so I don’t know when I run out of actions till I can’t click. I also can’t seem to mouse over anything anymore.

It takes a while to register when I have used my second chances too. It shows correctly in the storylet text but the left hand menu shows the old value.

The timers have been out for weeks (months?), and in the last week the action counter has become completely unreliable too. It sometimes displays full actions when I have none, and sometimes says I have none when I have some.

Menaces seem to be vanishing from sight and reappearing at random too. I have to keep refreshing my pages to see what my situation really is.

I noticed that too. Sometimes I can’t go to Spite without refreshing the screen as it won’t respond to mouse clicks.

The timers are very buggy. I’m sure that I read somewhere that Failbetter had enough bug reports sometime ago but, so far, nothing has been fixed.

I’m also getting a lot more blank screens and other errors. But I don’t know enough about these things to know how easy it will be to fix.