The hunt is on
Dissappearing?
Intimidating?
Term Passing (Why?)
Time Passing in the Southern Archipelago
Knife-and-candle form
[and thereby baroque savage and elusive.]

Wow, that’s a long list.

I’ll have to stay long enough to settle my present affairs, at least.

Created account for this: Several times now, I have gotten an extra point of Notability just before the deadline, leaving my Making Waves equal to Notability. And then the week rolls over and my Notability drops. I thought the order of operations was to reduce Notability if MW was not high enough, then cut MW in half. But at least four times I’ve lost a Notability on the week when I thought I had enough MW to do the job.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Any other clues what I’m doing wrong? Thank you very much.

[quote=Orlon Von Spandex]Created account for this: Several times now, I have gotten an extra point of Notability just before the deadline, leaving my Making Waves equal to Notability. And then the week rolls over and my Notability drops. I thought the order of operations was to reduce Notability if MW was not high enough, then cut MW in half. But at least four times I’ve lost a Notability on the week when I thought I had enough MW to do the job.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Any other clues what I’m doing wrong? Thank you very much.[/quote]
Um, no, you have to have Making Waves equal to your Notability AFTER your Making Waves drops.

That is the correct order of operations, and you should never lose notability if your last action was raising another point. Not sure what is going wrong, I’m afraid.

EDIT: I wrote in response to Orlon. I don’t think @Anne Auclair is correct.
edited by TheThirdPolice on 8/7/2016

You definitely should not need double your Notability in Making Waves to maintain it. If it isn’t working this way be sure to send in a support ticket to support@failbettergames.com

[quote=TheThirdPolice]That is the correct order of operations, and you should never lose notability if your last action was raising another point. Not sure what is going wrong, I’m afraid.

EDIT: I wrote in response to Orlon. I don’t think @Anne Auclair is correct.
edited by TheThirdPolice on 8/7/2016[/quote]
Ah. Sorry.
edited by Anne Auclair on 8/7/2016

The action of increasing your notability explicitly says that it leaves you just enough Making Waves to maintain your new level.

Anyone have a Tapestry from the Elder Continent? What does the picture look like? I mean currently.

The picture is the same as Primeval Hint, Mystery of the Elder Continent, etc. It is on my profile.

I distinctly remember it being a volcano. When did it change?

I distinctly remember it being a volcano. When did it change?[/quote]
I don’t know, but i remember the others listed being the same at one point, so… I recognize the image, and don’t have any of that item, never had any of that item. So i can’t say when it changed, but i can verify that the others also looked like that, once.

I don’t know, but i remember the others listed being the same at one point, so… I recognize the image, and don’t have any of that item, never had any of that item. So i can’t say when it changed, but i can verify that the others also looked like that, once.[/quote]
I assumed it was a bug and sent a bug report. I can’t imagine why they would get rid of the very distinctive volcano and replace it with an image that three other items already share.

I don’t know, but i remember the others listed being the same at one point, so… I recognize the image, and don’t have any of that item, never had any of that item. So i can’t say when it changed, but i can verify that the others also looked like that, once.[/quote]
I assumed it was a bug and sent a bug report. I can’t imagine why they would get rid of the very distinctive volcano and replace it with an image that three other items already share.[/quote]
Because they shared the previous image, too! At the very least, I would testify before the seven choirs, the court, or the seven circles of hell, that Mysteries of the elder continent once held that image. Unless it got an obsolete hand-me-down, which is regrettably not something failbetter does for items much, if at all; it’s always shared the image, and if you saw otherwise, that’s due to a glitch.

Still, feel free to send in that bug report, but the image is old, and the same as the old one as well.

I assumed it was a bug and sent a bug report. I can’t imagine why they would get rid of the very distinctive volcano and replace it with an image that three other items already share.[/quote]
Because they shared the previous image, too! At the very least, I would testify before the seven choirs, the court, or the seven circles of hell, that Mysteries of the elder continent once held that image. Unless it got an obsolete hand-me-down, which is regrettably not something failbetter does for items much, if at all; it’s always shared the image, and if you saw otherwise, that’s due to a glitch.

Still, feel free to send in that bug report, but the image is old, and the same as the old one as well.[/quote]
Pardon?

Still, feel free to send in that bug report, but the image is old, and the same as the old one as well.[/quote]
Pardon?[/quote]
The volcano image was once the image for mysteries of the elder continent and primeval hint. Unless it’s an obscure throwback image that they left in specifically for that item[1] those three have always shared an image, and you just had a bug where it looked like they didn’t, not the other way around.[2] I suppose that my last post wasn’t entirely clear- in short- that is the old image for everything that has the new mountain image now, in the same way that all X items got their images changed. You’ll never see the rock with a bow mushroom images anywhere in the neath, for instance. all items with X image change as one. [look on the old wiki if you need proof of the volcano being the old image, or for the rock with a bow mushrooms for touching love stories.]

[1] which i do not believe is something they would do, as otherwise why would there be so many duplicates in the first place, they update the art often enough

[2]assuming you actually saw it in-game and aren’t just looking at the wiki. in the latter case, it’s just that the wiki’s out of date on this matter.
edited by Grenem on 8/7/2016

Pardon?[/quote]
The volcano image was once the image for mysteries of the elder continent and primeval hint. Unless it’s an obscure throwback image that they left in specifically for that item- which i do not believe is something they would do, as otherwise why would there be so many duplicates in the first place- those three have always shared an image, and you just had a bug where it looked like they didn’t, not the other way around.[/quote]
I’m not talking about those three, I’m talking about the Elder Continent Tapestry. I remember seeing it on other players mantles and the image being a volcano. Now it’s not…

[quote=Anne Auclair]
~snip~

I’m not talking about those three, I’m talking about the Elder Continent Tapestry. I remember seeing it on other players mantles and the image being a volcano. Now it’s not…[/quote]
Yes, it was a volcano- the same as the rest. now it’s a mountain- the same as the rest. [i]They have always shared an image!

[/i]
edited by Grenem on 8/7/2016

[quote=Grenem][quote=Anne Auclair]
~snip~

I’m not talking about those three, I’m talking about the Elder Continent Tapestry. I remember seeing it on other players mantles and the image being a volcano. Now it’s not…[/quote]
Yes, it was a volcano- the same as the rest. now it’s a mountain- the same as the rest. [i]They have always shared an image!

[/i]
edited by Grenem on 8/7/2016[/quote]
I recollect differently. Was it a false memory?
edited by Anne Auclair on 8/7/2016

Thank you @PJ, @TheThirdPolice, and thank you @Sara Hysaro for suggesting this rises to the level of a support ticket.