Weekly Questions, Beginning 01/08/2016

July has passed behind the mirror and August has taken its rightful seat, and here is this week’s thread for short questions!

Having reached the fourth coil, is there any method of attaining THIO that also gives loot? I know there existed one for a time earlier in the labyrinth, but it appears to have been temporary.

Is there any way to get it back, or any other method of gaining the quality while also gaining goods?

The options in the Third Coil pay in THIO and either Whispered Secrets or Rostygold. Don’t help someone escape though, whispered secrets aren’t worth helping the Snakes.

I’m already a POSI, with stats around 140-160 and only recently i’ve found out about Orphanage/Salon and 2.5-3.5 tier professions. What are other uneven ways/stories/opportunities that some people could know about only after they dig through forums, wikis and IRC or, generally, miss out?

Even though I have been a POSI for quite a while and have amassed quite some good items already, I have never been to the Nadir yet … I somehow thought of this as one of a few storylines to be left for later. However, I have now found out that I have been depriving myself of a great method to grind Echoes (which I shall sorely need, as the second-next item on my current wishlist will be an Overgoat).
Anyway, here is my question: Do you lose all the cards in your deck forever when entering the Nadir (as it used to be, I think), or do you regain them after leaving? I have two mood cards sitting in my deck for when my Watchful is higher than the current 164, and I would hate to lose them.

You regain them when you leave.

Thank you! Now I guess the right way ahead for me is to quickly grind another 400 echoes so I can get a second Ray-Drenched Cinder (to keep), buy some more supplies and get going!

Yes, see, this is what I was somewhat asking about, the options in the third coil no longer seem to be avaliable since I reached the fourth coil. I was asking if there is a way to get access to these, or options like tham, again.

You can go back to the third coil via “Leaving the Fourth Coil”.

Yes, see, this is what I was somewhat asking about, the options in the third coil no longer seem to be avaliable since I reached the fourth coil. I was asking if there is a way to get access to these, or options like tham, again.[/quote]

No, once you choose someone to escape that part of the 3rd Coil is closed. Annoying, I know!

[quote=Parelle]
No, once you choose someone to escape that part of the 3rd Coil is closed. Annoying, I know![/quote]

Oh, that’s a shame. I thought those were still accessible to me. (obviously I haven’t checked of late.)
edited by absimiliard on 8/2/2016

What’s the best way to earn echoes by using Mourning Candles? Is there a profitable option that uses them somewhere? Thank you~

If you also have the rest of the stuff, going through the fidgeting writer grind. Otherwise, no.

What is the status of Dandelion? Alexis’ project? Is it out? Has a date?

I think, if you have tons of them, upconverting can be worth around 2 echo/action, with some assumptions about the rare successes. Probably not worth it though, especially if you don’t like libation of the night.

Is there anywhere that I can reset the FATE-locked Secrets Framed in Gold storyline? I know most of the FATE-locked storylines can be reset by paying FATE again on the FATE tab, but I haven’t been able to find a choice anywhere that resets this particular one. I should hope I haven’t made a terrible mistake…

I never played it myself, but I remember I read that you can’t restart that one.

But who would object to the libation of night, i.e. a drink at the pub?

—Vholes
edited by TheThirdPolice on 8/2/2016

I think, if you have tons of them, upconverting can be worth around 2 echo/action, with some assumptions about the rare successes. Probably not worth it though, especially if you don’t like libation of the night.[/quote]
You’re going to get 1 epa for upconverting them with no rare successes. if you have rare successes, then add +60.5*[success rate, as a fraction] echoes to the epa.

if the rare success is 1 in 100 tries, or 1 in 50 successes, that’d be 1.60 epa. if it’s 2 in 100 tries, or 1 in 25 successes, that’d be 2.21 epa. and so on, all the way up. The only actual collection’s sampling places it at 3.5 in 100 tries, so it’s a pretty good epa if that’s even close, but the sample size is horrifyingly small.

When does the Fruits of the Zee festival normally begin?