Weekly Questions, Beginning 01/08/2016

The volcano image is definitely not retired completely. It’s the current image for Dramatic Tension.

I could have sworn under oath that I saw tapestries with the volcano image… Huh. I guess my memory played a trick on me.

I do think it is unfortunate though that the Tapestry doesn’t have the volcano image as it is literally described as an erupting volcano and people who join the Teeth get distinctive looking photographs.
edited by Anne Auclair on 8/7/2016

I could have sworn under oath that I saw tapestries with the volcano image… Huh. I guess my memory played a trick on me.[/quote]
Or maybe not. Something curious. In the Foreign Office’s Switching Sides storylet there’s this:

[quote=]Burn your Tapestry from the Elder Continent
As a sign of faith, the Devout Intriguer says. She wants to watch.This will destroy your Tapestry from the Elder Continent and switch your allegiance from the Face to the Teeth.[/quote]
The left hand side picture is the Volcano. Now, the other options involve the Intriguer, the Cultured Attache, and the Discomfiting Photographs. Their left side image all show pictures that match the respective companion/item. Only the tapestry has an image that doesn’t match it’s option picture!

So the Tapestry is meant to have the volcano image.

It certainly used to. Not sure why or when it changed since I don’t have that Home Comfort, but I do remember it having that image. Assuming it was deliberate I would think that they changed it because the Mountain has a more significant connection to the Elder Continent than a volcano does.

But the Tapestry is literally a representation of an erupting volcano, so if anything should have a volcano picture it’s that item…

If the text says it ought to be a volcano then you should send an email to support. It’s been so long since I’ve seen it that I really can’t remember how the tapestry is described beyond the item description.

The game text describes it as a volcano, yeah. The volcano picture is used for the option where you can choose to destroy it, the volcano picture is on the item’s wiki profile, and I remember seeing the volcano picture used when it was displayed on player mantelpieces (that’s what made me want it in the first place, I really liked the colors). So I’m now 100% confident that it’s supposed to be a volcano.

I sent a bug report yesterday. I suppose we’ll get a response tomorrow?

Most likely, yes.

University is an excruciating grind and takes forever.

There’s no way to speed up Term Passing, is there?

Heard back from Failbetter. The Tapestry image was indeed changed in the last art update. However, they’ve decided to switch it back to the volcano owing to the fact that &quotin this case the old image does match the content better.&quot Which was awfully nice of them ^_^
edited by Anne Auclair on 8/8/2016

Not sure if this is the place to ask about Fate-locked content, but I’m at the Iron Republic and I’ve reached Day CENSORED. There are two option, one normal and one Fate-locked, and both simply say “Censored”. Can someone tell me what the difference is?

…I don’t know why it switched accounts on me, but that’s a failed registration of mine above. >.>

No significant difference, in so far as I’m aware. Pretty sure you’ll end up back at the customs house, confused and rather ruffled, either way.