Weekly Questions, Beginning 01/08/2016

I don’t think it appears on the FATE tab at all – it’s on a card (where you buy/steal) the painting. And then sell it (on a second card?)
edited by Jermaine Vendredi on 8/3/2016

Several storylines are only accessible by interacting with your inventory. There are a number of in-game hints to lead you to the Tale of the Fidgeting Writer, and I recently realised that the use for all these cards I gained from the Impeccable Detective. Some of your pets also bring their own cards into the deck, like the kindness of ravens.

This guide will help you a bit more.
A question of my own: did the frequency of the Shepard card changed? I haven’t seen it in days and menaces are pilling up! :D

I’ve seen it a few times yesterday.

So I think you are just being afflicted by the RNG – which would be typical, it is cruel in ways humans can’t even begin to understand.

[quote=absimiliard]I’ve seen it a few times yesterday.

So I think you are just being afflicted by the RNG – which would be typical, it is cruel in ways humans can’t even begin to understand.[/quote]
Yes, it’s still standard frequency. Not only RNG was cruel, it also mocked me; after many unlucky cards, I decided started lowering menaces using Airs of London. One might say I got lucky with 3 Dreamless Sleep, but… the card decided to pop after I wasted about 25 AP. :D :D
EDIT: I’ll start keeping the card in hand until menaces get really high.
edited by Skinnyman on 8/3/2016

Is there a quick way to gain Uncanny Incunabula or is the only way chaining/grinding mystery items?

If you have access to the nadir and plenty of Journals of infamy (such as from newspapers), I found that a pretty good place to collect them.

At a rate of one or two a week, I think you would be better off converting the Journals of Infamy to Uncanny Incunabula via Extraordinary Implications.

Speaking of Extraordinary Implications, might I suggest Mutton Island?
edited by PJ on 8/4/2016

I haven’t gone on an expedition to the Cave of Nadir. So that might add onto time than actually reduce it. Though I’m curious, can I convert easily through Mutton Island? I think if I recall correctly there’s someone that does convert Extraordinary Implications for other items.

Are Moods still removed? If so, is there another way to cap out Scholar of the Correspondence? I have an Ubergoat and I can overcap Watchful, but it still seems out of reach…

Moods are back.

What was the approximate amount of Connected that led to maximum Renown?

When one turns back at the Gate, do they lose their severed head?

The gentleman on Mutton Island can convert Extraordinary Implications up to Uncanny Incunabula, but I was actually thinking of the implications you gain at the end of the carousel, and the lesser Mysteries items you get along the way. I haven’t done the math, but it seems like a likely spot to grind Mysteries.

[quote=menaulon]What was the approximate amount of Connected that led to maximum Renown?
When one turns back at the Gate, do they lose their severed head?[/quote]
From what I read the rate was Renown = (Connected -21) / 5(or 6); so 321 or 271. Probably the factions what can be easily grinded (Soc, Rev, Boh, Hell) will require a higher level while the hard ones (Urch, GG) will require a lower level.

I think, if you have tons of them, upconverting can be worth around 2 echo/action, with some assumptions about the rare successes. Probably not worth it though, especially if you don’t like libation of the night.[/quote]
You’re going to get 1 epa for upconverting them with no rare successes. if you have rare successes, then add +60.5*[success rate, as a fraction] echoes to the epa.
if the rare success is 1 in 100 tries, or 1 in 50 successes, that’d be 1.60 epa. if it’s 2 in 100 tries, or 1 in 25 successes, that’d be 2.21 epa. and so on, all the way up. The only actual collection’s sampling places it at 3.5 in 100 tries, so it’s a pretty good epa if that’s even close, but the sample size is horrifyingly small.[/quote]
Bit late to the party as I’m starting to think I should finish the quest and open the Boxfuls of Intrigue grind.
This is available if you already have a lot of Connection Revolutionaries; these connections can only be cashed in via a very profitable card.
Want to correct you that the conversion yields, on average, 1.5 E; 1 (0.5 on both success and failure) from higher value of Patent Scrutinizer and 2 more from Incendiary Gossip.
So, even with 0.5 rare success (1 in 200 successes or 1 in 400 attempts) gets you to 1.805 EPA. 1% gets 2.11 EPA while 2% (1 in 50 successes or 1 in 100 attempts) is a whooping 2.72 EPA.
On total, with 1% rare success. it gets the Boxfuls of Intrigue grind to a 1.653 EPA and 2% to 1.666 EPA.
edited by Skinnyman on 8/5/2016

If I wanted to Advance a certain Liberation as quickly and effectively as possible, including the item grinds, which conversion should I stick to?

Many thanks in advance.

[quote=Barselaar]If I wanted to Advance a certain Liberation as quickly and effectively as possible, including the item grinds, which conversion should I stick to?

Many thanks in advance.[/quote]
Had a free moment, did some research + math. Thought I should answer my own question rather than deleting, in case others are interested. I think the best way would be UB at Ladybones Road for Beeswax and doing the conversion that needs 100 for 1CP of AtLoN and no Connected: Revs loss. I might be wrong, though!

You’re talking about the Liberation quality here… If I raise it high enough does anything actually happen, or is it still WIP?

Second question - is there a chance to meet someone besides F. from the Calendar Council? Name suggests, that there should be twelve of them.

The Liberation of Night quality does nothing at this time.

Depending on your ambition you might meet April, and you can also meet July in the Exceptional Story Lost in Reflections. December is also present in some Destinies.

What qualities are reset by putting to Zee?