Weekly access codes

Now I’m conflicted about whether to sell my last remaining pails of lacre, or whether to use them to push my PtPT: TToL just a little bit higher.

The hover text for a Glass of Teeth also says, “This gift references a tale in the legendary Crimson Book of forbidden love stories. Is it a gift of scorn or a gift of love? Hard to be sure.”

Those guys are a bunch of big old cheapoes, is what they are. Not giving out rare one-of-a-kind items to them for a measly price of some echoes.
Kind of tempted to sell my Nadir location to the Revs now. Must. Resist. The. Temptation!!!

Who will be the first? It is surprisingly tempting.

I dunno if I’m the first, but I did trade my candle in already.

Second, then?
Edit: as in, I suppose I was.
edited by Esterhazy on 2/17/2014

NiteBrite would do it, but I think he does not have Cerise anymore. So Sara will remain our lone hero for this) Hint: it’s not worth it.
edited by Fhoenix on 2/17/2014

Lacre selling text:
“Quite a challenging aroma. Mm. I’ll add cream and sugar. Serve it over clavulina pancakes, perhaps.”

Such a brave soul. *wipes eye". Pity my main doesn’t have the lacre anymore, but I got an antique mystery out of it… Has anyone tried using it with the silent soul?

I don’t know what the rule is on SMEN soiler content but:
Don’t sell your candle. Just don’t.

Man I really wish there was some way to force summon the sommelier, might actually have a chance of getting the Blood before the code expires then.

the sommelier always come when I DON’T have enough wine to trade :( Takes ages when I do.[li]

I wonder if the description of the Crimson Book suggests that it will be really possible to unseal it in the future, or if it’s just a red herring…

I think selling it IS unsealing. You get love stories out of it. There may or may not be content requiring it later.

I don’t know… it says &quotLeave it sealed… for now&quot which seems it’s an action you still can’t do. Or perhaps a suggestion not to sell it? :)

[quote=Curious Foreigner]Tiny cavefish gives a Magnificent Diamond, by the way.[/quote]That’s pretty cool. I have a lot of those. I suppose a net gain of ~7.43 Echoes* each would be a decent reward for stockpiling those fishes when they were available for purchase. But do I really want to empty my fish tank? Hmmm… :/:

• 12.50 - 1.50 - 2 x 1.785 (Action opportunity cost) = 7.43 Echoes

&quotA staple for Rubbery Men.&quot Yes, that’s the one who sold them, all right.
&quotA delicacy for humans with exotic tastes.&quot Apparently so!
&quotA lucky pet for burglars.&quot I was rather lucky on the two diamond thefts I did with my Master Jewel Thief. Maybe I should just hang on to my fishes after all…
&quotSometimes, this is available at Halloween.&quot Perhaps I should get even more fishes, for more luck?

[quote=Cookoo]Hold on, the storylet states that &quotThe Apicius Club meets on the second Monday of every month&quot. If that is actually true, We may be able to do all of these options eventually.[/quote]So if it turns out that my fishes aren’t that lucky after all, perhaps I can sell them for food later then? Could be a useful incentive for them, if they understand such matters.

[quote=LukeMcMillan]Yes, it seems a good way to grind some Echoes (for example the 150 Jade give 225 pennies)[/quote]225 pence minus 150 Jade Fragments looks like 75 pence per Action to me, and that’s not very good at all when robbing a drunk, anonymous wretch in Spite gives ~100 pence per Action worth of Primordial Shrieks. Not to mention the 1.785 Echoes per Action I have access to.

[quote=Gillsing]

Yes you’re right, I expressed myself badly. I meant you can get more this way than just selling the Jade at the Bazaar.
edited by Master Polarimini on 2/17/2014

If you’ve got venge rat corpses you get an echo more than just selling them at the Bazaar.

Sara and Esterhazy, when you said you traded in Cerise you mean you did it at Winking Isle or at the club? I’ve got the option too, but methinks this is a horrible idea.[li]

Also, anyone with Veils Velvet, Reported Locations, Fluke Cores, etc. see any options as well?
edited by Shadowhand on 2/17/2014

[quote=Shadowhand]Sara and Esterhazy, when you said you traded in Cerise you mean you did it at Winking Isle or at the club? I’ve got the option too, but methinks this is a horrible idea.[li]
edited by Shadowhand on 2/17/2014[/quote]
[/li][li]Club. Winking Isle was only done by one.
[/li][li]
[/li]

[quote=Master Polarimini]Yes you’re right, I expressed myself badly. I meant you can get more this way than just selling the Jade at the Bazaar.[/quote]1) LukeMcMillan = Master Polarimini? I didn’t know. :)

1. Doesn’t it cost an Action each time you sell something in that storylet? (I haven’t activated the code yet.)

2. If it costs an Action, then you should add the Echoes/Action of your usual grind option to the value of what you’re selling, and then see how it compares. Because just like time is money, Actions are money too. Or rather, opportunities to make money if you don’t spend those Actions trying to make money through less efficient means.

3. Never underestimate how beneficial it is to be able to buy and sell things at the Bazaar at no action cost whatsoever. (Goes for venge rat corpses as well.)