Weekly access codes

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/a/degustibus

A new code has appeared, and with it, the ability to trade in rare items for unknown rewards…

Man, apart from the pail of so called snow, I own all of these things… I have no idea what to pick… The master’s blood is a very tempting option however…
edited by Cookoo on 2/17/2014

New code:

[i]… I can’t choose!

[/i]
edited by babelfishwars on 2/17/2014

Hold on, the storylet states that “The Apicius Club meets on the second Monday of every month”. If that is actually true, We may be able to do all of these options eventually.

I think it (mostly) only shows options for things you already own. I don’t see a Masters Blood option, f’rinstance.
And, er, well. There’s an option there alright. Yes.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 2/17/2014

I’ll bite and trade my master’s blood. I’ll make sure to tell you guys what I get.

River in box or rare candle or zoup or oh I can’t choose the pain the pain shakes fist at hatkitty arerrrhfgghh! Don’t have the lacre for the silent soul, otherwise I would … :-(
edited by babelfishwars on 2/17/2014

Argh, I had consumed all the lacre thinking it would melt and now I cannot see the hissing finale! >.<

Ok, I traded my Master’s blood (See my journal, if you are curious to the text, but it doesn’t say much), and I got something called ‘A Sealed Copy of the Crimson Book’. I have no idea what it does.

EDIT: It’s not sellable, and it’s not a useable item, so I guess I should just keep hold of it till it becomes useful. I should note it appears in contraband. I guess the master’s don’t want me to know whatever this book says.

EDIT 2: Apparently it is actually sellable, for 625 touching stories, (Thanks, Melesse.) which equals 1562.50 Echos, the same as the Master’s blood.

You don’t need to choose. I just gave them everything except my Masters blood, and the storylet is till here.
Tiny cavefish gives a Magnificent Diamond, by the way. The rest payed in Echoes.

Edit: I didn’t have any Lacre left, so I don’t know what that gives.
edited by Curious Foreigner on 2/17/2014

I suggest not choosing hissing finale! Unless of course, you’re in it for the money. (See my journal if you want to see the lore.)[li]

By the way, the storylet is still active after I played hissing finale!

I did the same with my pails of snow when the warning came up. Oh well tough decision to be made, do I go with something I know I can replace or risk a unique item.[li]

Good to know that the story doesn’t disappear. That makes things easier.
edited by circe on 2/17/2014

Doh! I just sold my bucket of lacre instead of making a soul fizz in it. How much was it worth?

For me, the bucket was a sour surprise, for a net gain of -75 echoes.

A recipe for zzooup gives 17.50 Echos. if you are wondering. Now, I can sell my ‘A river in a box’ to these guys, but I don’t think I can ever get a second, so I’m not sure I want too. Anyone else willing to see if more than just pennies given for it?

EDIT: Violet amber gives 3 Echos. A bit of a letdown, to be honest.

The River is just worth 50 echoes.
I want the sommelier to show up so I can get Master’s Blood now! But I am also contemplating the rare candle one… I’m afraid I’ll get 7p for it and Alexis will laugh atop his flaming skull throne

So, just to be clear, can you can play an option on this and then perhaps not out of it and it will still be there? I haven’t got enough actions to do everything straight away.

You can play it as much as you’d like.

Thank you

Spacemarine9, what candle option are you seeing? Is it only St. C’s that can be sold?

[quote=Cookoo]Ok, I traded my Master’s blood (See my journal, if you are curious to the text, but it doesn’t say much), and I got something called ‘A Sealed Copy of the Crimson Book’. I have no idea what it does.

EDIT: It’s not sellable, and it’s not a useable item, so I guess I should just keep hold of it till it becomes useful. I should note it appears in contraband. I guess the master’s don’t want me to know whatever this book says.
edited by Cookoo on 2/17/2014[/quote]
The Crimson Book has made a cameo appearance before:

(Rare success from trading Visions of the Surface for Touching Love Stories.)

Yeah, St C’s candle for 7 actions. No option to hand over Arthur, Beau or Destin. Maybe there’s a Fort(h)igan option lurking in there, but there’s only one person who’d know that

The Crimson Book is also mentioned in the send text for the Key-to-Heart Dagger. That text is, of course, fate-locked so I won’t quote it here.

I should add that it can be sold - for 625 Touching Stories.