Useless Advancements

Over 100 fate, actually. I believe it’s 130 fate in total. You are aware that although you gain a small amount of fate through in-game actions early in the game, it is not possible to even gain close to this amount that way and you will have to buy it with real-work money?

125 Fate. 25 to access Flute Street, 100 for the addition.

so I’ve been planning to go to the Nadir for a while now. stocked up on a mood card, supplies - all I needed was skulls. first I came here to the threads and to the Fallen London tag. I got a couple responses, and they were helpful, but after figuring out the 0 Skull limit for sending out invites, I figured what the hell: send invites to everyone with a skull on my contacts.

post-Nadir expedition, I am now the proud owner of 11 Eyeless Skulls. Check out my mantel!

…I didn’t talk about this so I’m gonna do it now but like: if anyone needs these skulls, PM me and we’ll figure out the logistics of getting the skulls to you. I just think it’s awesome/ridiculous/cool that 11 skulls were out there and people gave them to me.

(I’m…probably not gonna turn these skulls into cinders or money because they were donations, but I did want to record this happening.)

So, I did it. The threnodies. I got them. One thousand. I could sell them for an overgoat, apparently, but I’m not going to do that.

Is there a record for Scandal? I’m looping the Iron Republic right now and wondering what to shoot for.

Whelp, it took a couple of weeks, but I’ve now got the Impossible Theorem, the 101 direful reflections (a real pain to grind), the 1001 memories of light, and the 11 rookery passwords. My ‘Is someone there’ is only 18, because I can’t be bothered to join the knife and candle and farm nephrite lenses. I’m currently a doctor, rather than a glassman, but I can switch back to my old proffesion pretty easily.

In short, I’m as ready as I can be for the Parabolan Base Camp.

Yay - now I can go back to grinding for cider.

i have 7777 jade through farming Gracious Widow connections, completely unplanned. it feels ominous.
edited by Marianne Anders on 5/19/2015

Currently trying to get all regular connections to at least 100 (and eventually reaching the highest description for all of them), only 4 of them not yet done - University, Widow and Revolutionaries. Probably should move the goalpost to 150 after that.

All but 4 of the factions have their top descriptor at 150 or higher, so sounds like that’s what you should go for! At least most of them are relatively easy to grind. A worthy endeavour.

[li]I just asked the esteemed forum about what players in my position can do in the game. I am a POSI, have 5 notability, own an orphanage, am in the respectable club, and my qualities are 140-180. I cannot find aany more challenging storylets to do. So, as this post suggests, do I find some &quotuseless advancement&quot to grind, or will I encounter more content by advancing somehow?

My alt has developed a peculiar obsession with skulls, and with the things they can be exchanged for.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dr~Chim~Ritchalds

Also, incidentally, with going insane. The poor doctor spends most of his time now moving back and forth between the Forgotten Quarter and the Mirror Marches.

My alt has started a collection of leathery human hearts. He has other things to work on at the same time, but he is hoping to end up with the greatest collection of leathery human hearts in the Neath.

Two useless advancements I find myself curiously compelled to… ah… advance:

1. Increasing A Pocketful of Loose Change whenever the opportunity arises - currently at level 17; and

2. Increasing Adrift on a Sea of Misery - currently at level 321. Someone wrote in another thread that they thought this quality was like Airs of London, but I don’t believe that to be the case; I’ve only ever seen it increase.

I just overgoated, what isn’t that special, but I set myself the task t pay for my goat entirely in wine. Therefor I accumulated over the last couple of months 1.17 million bottles of Greyfields. It was strangely satisfying when I cashed them in a the Bazaar, although I had to learn that you can only sell 60,000 items per transaction.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Johnny~Felix
edited by Johnny Felix on 6/17/2015

One day, there will be a reckoning. Until then, Connected: Masters has increased to 16.

My main has found a goal: they are trying to raise Master Thief really really high. I have not set a value yet, but I will update when I reach ten, for a start.

I thought it was locked at 5 these days?

I thought it was locked at 5 these days?[/quote]

Yes, it still is. I am Uniquely Larcenous at 5, and that’s as high as it goes.

I have decided to attempt to get 100 Successful Terms as Governor. Wish me luck.