Useless Advancements

I’m curious about what type of endeavours people are taking to further advance their character, despite it having on in-game use. For example, grinding a contact to a ridiculous level or raising a quality far beyond what it needs to be. My main one is Jass trying to maximize her orphanage quality, despite not having that much use for Notability at the moment (currently a level 37 Orphanage).

Was going to advance Connected: Society to 15,000, due to my character’s interactions with the public via a newspaper (and also to be famous). Decided to go for Cider instead, but will return to that later.

Not a really significant investment, but I ground connection to Summerset and Benthic to 150, even though I’m pretty sure that there isn’t a check that needs it to be over 20.

When you’re grinding for an Impossible Theorem, you will be very happy you did that.

I ground for an Impossible Theorem only because I thought it was a suitable sort of thing to display on my mantel.

I would never be patient enough for any of those ridiculous grinds toward a single item/stat that some people do (though I appreciate their dedication!)
Instead I take pleasure in being the Neathy Uncle Scrooge: I like hoarding my riches. Not things like Impossible Theorems but the everyday currencies of the Neath! At first I made sure to have at least 10,000 of all items that sell for 1 penny, and 5,000 of those that sell for 2 pennies etc. Now I’m very near to reaching my goal of having 50,000 of each of the 1 penny items (and 25,000 of the 2 penny items etc). After that, I’ll go for 100,000 etc. Naturally.
The benefit of that is, when new content is added requiring you to have a bunch of expensive items (like the recent Ambitions updates) I already have them - or can buy them with the nonchalance of someone who really doesn’t bother looking at price tags anymore. Being rich is fun ;-)

Rupho, it sounds like you are well on your way to being able to afford Hesperidean Cider.

I guess that depends on how you define &quotwell on your way&quot ;-)

When I’ve completed the 50,000+ goal up until the 12,50 items (I don’t bother with the rest) I’ll have about 40,000 Echoes worth of things. Reaching that goal is still a couple months off I guess. It’ll certainly take more than a year (maybe two, more like) to double that sum which would still be just about half of the Cider!

Also, mind that this is just a way to pass time while my main character has nothing much to play except festive content and maintaining Notability… I don’t think I’d really sell everything just to have that Cider on my mantelpiece. ;)

My character collects Wines items, and I have a long term goal of getting 11 M_____'s B____ to stick on my mantelpiece. I also need to get some Hesperidean Cider, because my collection of drinks won’t be fully complete without it.

No matter what the situation I tend to try and stay connected with the rubbery men. I have a soft spot for them - mostly because I find cephalopods to be quite cute. I don’t have any of the fate locked content for them (one day…) so it does me nothing now. I just like to think I’m making them happy.

Gathering 3 million+ souls to eventually trade towards Hesperidean Cider.

I’m trying to build an Oneiroscope by arranging 1000 Lenses of Black Glass, and break them to get Hesperidean Cider, but I haven’t even reached a sixth of that yet. Touched by Fingerwork is through the roof, though.

I have yet to succeed at making an Impossible Theorem; I kept getting killed instead. :-) Now I’m grinding at Notability, so I can increase my natural Watchful stat.

My husband has almost enough Coruscating Souls to sell for Hesperidean Cider, but that particular grind has never worked for me.

Not useless, but also not optimal. Frensus aims for maximum bizarre, which unfortunately can’t be displayed as scrapbook status, but it’s a fun thing to keep in character. I believe the only way to increase it further is using Fate for a tattoo during the Feast of the Rose, which will bring me to the current cap of 17.

Still haven’t reached the &quottrue endgame&quot yet though. I have gotten all my main stats over 150 base, still grinding them up. I have a long time before I have to create my own useless achievements to fill my time!

I have yet to succeed at making an Impossible Theorem; I kept getting killed instead. :-) Now I’m grinding at Notability, so I can increase my natural Watchful stat.[/quote]

If I could go off-topic for a moment: I strongly suggest bringing a lot of Second Chances with you to the machine; I got mine mostly by spamming them and noping out of failures.

I haven’t really set this up as an actual goal, but what I’d like is to eventually have at least one out of everything on sale at the Bazaar.

And yes, this includes the Cider :-)

[quote=Frensus]Not useless, but also not optimal. Frensus aims for maximum bizarre, which unfortunately can’t be displayed as scrapbook status, but it’s a fun thing to keep in character. I believe the only way to increase it further is using Fate for a tattoo during the Feast of the Rose, which will bring me to the current cap of 17.

Still haven’t reached the &quottrue endgame&quot yet though. I have gotten all my main stats over 150 base, still grinding them up. I have a long time before I have to create my own useless achievements to fill my time![/quote]

I think you can have it on your scrapbook if you get a natural level of 1 (by getting a tattoo)

i used to try to increase my hedonism whenever the option is available or i’m not grinding for something. but since it capped, i stopped bothering.

Once I get to the content boundary of everything, I plan to grind my Connected: Hell stat into the sky.