Update: Item Rarity?

Whoa! So what we need to do now is figure out which items are labeled as &quotless precious&quot than they currently should be, and we’ll be able to piece together what content is to come!

I’d already assume, based on how the Element of Dawn is merely &quotrare&quot, that we’ll likely be getting grindable content relating to the New Sequence!

A Breath of the Void is ‘precious’, while a Veils Velvet-Scrap is only rare; both are trade-ins for 3200 scraps.

Whoa! So what we need to do now is figure out which items are labeled as &quotless precious&quot than they currently should be, and we’ll be able to piece together what content is to come!

I’d already assume, based on how the Element of Dawn is merely &quotrare&quot, that we’ll likely be getting grindable content relating to the New Sequence![/quote]

The sun shall never set on London. THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE

You cannot stop the dawn of a new day.

I wonder if irreplaceable items like false leads, river in a box, and jilts treasures will get labeled.

Most of the “Curiosity” section is not labeled, and that includes A River in a Box, the old Exceptional Rose gifts, etc.

All of these bizarre and unobtainable items coming up in this thread are making me madly jealous!

Can anyone confirm the rarity of One-time Prince of Hell Locations? I’d assume Rare, if it’s Precious that has interesting implications.

You are correct - it is a rare item.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the first sentence of the rat of glory description calls it “The rare and coveted Rat of Glory” when both those rarities exist, but it is classified as neither? =P

It’s interesting that moves in the great game are commonplace.

[quote=ArtificerProdigy]Does anyone else find it ironic that the first sentence of the rat of glory description calls it &quotThe rare and coveted Rat of Glory&quot when both those rarities exist, but it is classified as neither? =P[/quote]Perhaps one could think of it as a culmination of the two? If it is rare AND coveted, surely that means the values in sum are precious.

It is a Great Game. There are many moves.

The Alluring Accomplice and the Ratskin Suit are Commonplace.

I noticed that Bat with Attitude is Coveted, but not most other companions. At least, not any others that I own.

Makes sense, as the Bat with Attitude is only obtained through a very rare success on the Sulky Bat’s card.

How rare is it? I got 2 last week.

I admit I’m scratching my head after a trip through Nassos Zoologicals. Does anyone have any theories why the Araby Fighting-Weasel is scarce, while the Bengal Tiger is commonplace?

umm. new rare success involving the tigers? tigers being common in london? Probably means they’re going to add a source of tigers, or a use for them.

umm. new rare success involving the tigers? tigers being common in london? Probably means they’re going to add a source of tigers, or a use for them.[/quote]

Given that other 100+ echoes equipment have Commonplace tags, perhaps we will have longer duration, higher payout carousel in the works.

I’m more curious about why Partial Maps and Thirsty Bombazine lack rarity. Feels like it’s probably just an oversight, but it’s kind of a weird oversight- all other tier 4 items have rarity, as do all other items in both categories.

Plus Rostygold and Second and Fourth city relics. Those are also things you’d except to have rarity that don’t.

How rare is it? I got 2 last week.[/quote]

Maybe 5% of all successes, I think. Somewhere around there.

[quote=Gilphon]I’m more curious about why Partial Maps and Thirsty Bombazine lack rarity. Feels like it’s probably just an oversight, but it’s kind of a weird oversight- all other tier 4 items have rarity, as do all other items in both categories.

Plus Rostygold and Second and Fourth city relics. Those are also things you’d except to have rarity that don’t.[/quote]

Probably an oversight, yes. Though First City Coins and the other Goods items outside Nevercold Brass and Scintillack don’t have rarity either.