Update: Item Rarity?

There is an entire Labrynth full of Tigers. They are common.

Meanwhile, Weasels are exploding all around London because of a certain catchy song. This place is a death trap for them.
edited by th8827 on 4/17/2016

The Royal-Blue Feather also lacks a ranking, which seems something of an oversight given that a knob of Scintillack is coveted and the Ambiguous Eolith is rare.

Likewise Zzoup, Solacefruit, Deep-zee Catch, Live Specimen, Element of Dawn, Mountain-sherd, Vital Intelligence, Carved Ball of Stygian Ivory, and Outlandish Artifact all have rarities.

Devilbone Dice should be Precious considering how rare they are :y

Alluring Accomplice is Common. Are there really that many alluring criminals in London?

[quote=Optimatum]Likewise Zzoup, Solacefruit, Deep-zee Catch, Live Specimen, Element of Dawn, Mountain-sherd, Vital Intelligence, Carved Ball of Stygian Ivory, and Outlandish Artifact all have rarities.

Devilbone Dice should be Precious considering how rare they are :y[/quote]
Oh yeah, devil bone dice also lack a classification as well.

Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t sell my spare Mountain Sherd, now that I know they are precious. Iā€™ve only got 3 other precious items despite my vast collection, so theyā€™re clearly much rarer than I thought.

I had problems too. I now use the mnemonic PReCiouS to work out the order [Precious Rare Coveted Scarce] with commonplace self evident

1 Like

8 years later

Now thatĀ“s a necrobump even the Boatman would be proud of.

4 Likes

I always thought the rarity is merely and indicator of the price tier of the item, how much you need to pay to get one (if it is for sale) and how much it can be sold for.

Not necessarily about how easy it is to get one, or how useful it is. There are some cheaper items that are quite hard (tedious, situational) to get, and you canā€™t up/side convert to get them. There are some items that are valuable but are only good as a mantelpiece.

2 Likes

I think rarity markers as a concept were abandoned long ago. I canā€™t think of any recently-introduced items that have them. New content often adds more sources for previously hard-to-find items.

The only useful guide to an itemā€™s rarity is how long it takes you to think of how to get another one, IMO. FL doesnā€™t really have ā€œrare dropsā€ like some other games

4 Likes