Thoroughly Maddening Millie (Lilac! *shakes fist*)

She finally showed up for my alt and got a Tattoo out of the deal. It might not be enough to get most of the Masquing related Companions though.

[quote=th8827][quote=Myrto][quote=th8827]You’re luckier than me - Lilac is simply avoiding me. I think I have too many Intimate of Devils cards clogging up my deck, but I can’t afford to bring it down till I get the Quiet Deviless. I got the Presbyterate Diplomat with the Encounters at the Feast card and am now anxiously waiting for Lilac to finally turn up so I can nab a Lettice and my beloved Revolutionary Firebrand Reforged. (Sorry, Myrto my intended, if you’re reading this! I know we have an arrangement, but it is after one of convenience ;p)
edited by navchaa on 2/17/2016[/quote]

Ha! No offense taken. All’s fair in a mercenary marriage.[/quote]
…I did not say most of that.

Also, no luck yet today.
[/quote]

You’re right, I said that ;) It’s probably a case of mis-editing the quotes as I was probably replying to you. Hope your luck improves!

Misery loves company. I am yet another who has yet to see the color lilac.

Perhaps at the end of it all those of us who never got to meet her can form a Band of the Accursed and Unfortunate, of sorts.

[quote=Juno]Misery loves company. I am yet another who has yet to see the color lilac.

Perhaps at the end of it all those of us who never got to meet her can form a Band of the Accursed and Unfortunate, of sorts.[/quote]
Honestly, if I don’t end up seeing Lilac, I’ll just end up quitting Fallen London. Kind of sick of rare events making things impossible for me to succeed just because I have bad luck.

At the very least, it should be possible to encounter Lilac during the appropriate part of the Feast by burning Favourable Circumstances.
edited by Passionario on 2/19/2016

I have been holding Lilac and the regular Feast card hostage in my hand since Yesterday, but still no Encounter. I want Lettice, but I am not willing to spend my Fate item unless I am guaranteed to use the Masquing…

a reasonable patch, in my opinion, is adding two stats:
An encounter at the feast, and An encounter with liliac.

Each one goes up a level every time you use the card, no matter what you do with it.

If, 1 week after liliac is added to the deck, your level is lower than x, where x is a reasonable, if low, number of draws of liliac, you gain access to a storylet that locks after you reach lv. x, and is effectively the normal card.

Encounter working the same way should make both more practical. it probably wouldn’t, because it’s a lot simpler to describe this than implement it, but it’s what i’d like to have.
edited by Grenem on 2/19/2016

Yeeeeah, found her and got my tattoo! :cool:

Now I need to find her again for the gift exchange…

Finally got her! I now have my first, sweet tattoo. God bless the RNG.

You can always wait until you have both the Lilac and Encounters card in your hand before getting the Fate items.

In other news, no Encounter Yesterday or today…

[quote=th8827]You can always wait until you have both the Lilac and Encounters card in your hand before getting the Fate items.

In other news, no Encounter Yesterday or today…[/quote]
What sort of cards are you getting instead?

Well I for one have drawn The Tomb Colonist’s Dogs no fewer than four times in the last five days of flipping cards, Spy on the Black Ribbon twice, the Aunt once, I’ve completed two cycles of the USFiG Steal the Painting Sell the Painting loop, and I’ve walked twice in the Tyrant’s Gardens with my spouse. Mind you, I only flip around six lots of cards a day, meaning I’ve probably only flipped three hundred cards, which is nothing spectacular, I know.

[quote=Anne Auclair][quote=th8827]You can always wait until you have both the Lilac and Encounters card in your hand before getting the Fate items.

What sort of cards are you getting instead?[/quote]
Housing cards (lots of Scraps, which is nice), most Connected cards (Just missing Tomb colonists for a full set of 5 action Jack texts, since I started the Jack storyline to get the two reminder cards out of the deck), generic cards from everywhere, and several rare cards that I was not looking for, like the Voice from the Well.

Hopefully, I at least get Encounters one more time for Lettice.

Ideally, I would get every regular companion, but at this rate, it does not look good.
[li]
edited by th8827 on 2/19/2016

Lilac and the Encounters card usually last for a little while after the Feast ends, so don’t fret too much. I think they get bumped up in frequency quite a bit as well.

[quote=th8827][quote=Anne Auclair][quote=th8827]You can always wait until you have both the Lilac and Encounters card in your hand before getting the Fate items.

Housing cards (lots of Scraps, which is nice), most Connected cards (Just missing Tomb colonists for a full set of 5 action Jack texts, since I started the Jack storyline to get the two reminder cards out of the deck), generic cards from everywhere, and several rare cards that I was not looking for, like the Voice from the Well.

Ideally, I would get every regular companion, but at this rate, it does not look good[/quote]
How many conflict cards? I had trouble getting the Lady in Lilac and Encounter cards until I reduced the number of conflict cards I was getting.

[quote=Anne Auclair][quote=th8827][quote=Anne Auclair][quote=th8827]You can always wait until you have both the Lilac and Encounters card in your hand before getting the Fate items.

Ideally, I would get every regular companion, but at this rate, it does not look good[/quote]
How many conflict cards? I had trouble getting the Lady in Lilac and Encounter cards until I reduced the number of conflict cards I was getting.[/quote]
Surprisingly, very few Conflict cards.

Still no Encounter card, but I did draw the Tomb Colonist card, finishing my set of Jack encounter texts.

[li]

[quote=th8827][quote=Anne Auclair][quote=th8827][quote=Anne Auclair][quote=th8827]You can always wait until you have both the Lilac and Encounters card in your hand before getting the Fate items.

How many conflict cards? I had trouble getting the Lady in Lilac and Encounter cards until I reduced the number of conflict cards I was getting.[/quote]
Surprisingly, very few Conflict cards.

Still no Encounter card, but I did draw the Tomb Colonist card, finishing my set of Jack encounter texts.

[li][/quote]
Keep an eye on what frequency cards you’re holding onto, ofc. If you aren’t using the 4-card lodging cards, holding onto them is a good idea. the same is true for the handsome townhouse, as well as solitary glim sculptor. If you are holding onto them, ignore this ofc.
[/li]

First, I already have Flute Street, so no need to worry about the Glim sculptor. I am grinding up Salon points with the Townhouse, when available. The only 4-card that I have is the Royal Beth, which I use for Scraps, and my Watchful is high enough to be relatively reliable for successes, so I don’t mind drawing it occasionally.

Second, I finally drew the Encounter card! Only 48 hours of nonstop card flipping while also making productive use of my time by grinding Whirring Contraptions at Wilmot’s End. (Started at 0, now at 5 and a half) Now to do it again, in order to trade in my Monkey for an Ape. Then, again, to go ghost busting. Then… I have not planned that far ahead yet.

There are too many good things on that card, and I want them all… I guess that it will be something to look forward to next year.
edited by th8827 on 2/20/2016

All shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

[quote=Robin Mask]I think she may be increasing in frequency . . .

I just had her appear four times in a row.[/quote]
Or you got lucky/unlucky.