Thoroughly Maddening Millie (Lilac! *shakes fist*)

Her card still says “Frequent Frequency” for me.

[quote=Grenem][quote=Robin Mask]I think she may be increasing in frequency . . .

I just had her appear four times in a row.[/quote]
Or you got lucky/unlucky.[/quote] Well I’ve not had her since the feast started. I’m suspecting these may be the last few days I spend in this game…

My alt August just drew Encounters for the first time, and can’t do much with it! He’s stuck with enough Fate gifts in his inventory to finally get him his Firebrand Reforged, and no way of converting those gifts- he’s never once seen Lilac. (My main account’s only seen her once the whole time). This is quite the exercise in frustration!
(I’m hoping if I complain, she’ll appear to both of them immediately. That’s how these things work, right?)

I have decided to participate in the time honored ritual of complaining about the RNG on the forum, so as to make the desired card appear just after posting about it.

So, my main has completed all of the business of the Feast that they want to.

Edith has traded in some gifts for masquing, and has acquired the companions that she lacked from last year, and got her tattoo! So, she’s finished.

Jack, however, has not seen Lilac one single time. He has many gifts waiting to trade, and he’s hoping to get a tattoo! He’s in a remote lodging, flipping cards several times a day in the forgotten quarter.

So, come on, Lilac!

It sounds like it might be an opportune time for the yearly Lilac access code to be released, and perhaps for this branch to reappear: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Find_the_Lady_in_Lilac

…at least for those with the foresight and experienced gumption to stock up on some Favourable Circumstances in advance. You never know when you might need Favourable Circumstances.

Keep in mind that there are five days left for the Lilac and Encounters cards, even though the other Masquing options and gift exchange end tomorrow. It’s also not too late to thin your deck by calling in favours, selling off pets and assistants, selling your soul, moving to a remote address, tossing out half-grown plants, drawing cards in less eventful neighborhoods, etc. You could even consider sacrificing 8-12 actions to refresh your card deck by starting and abandoning a Flash Lay.

EDIT: I hope nobody took this advice in such a way that cost them anything significant, seeing as the cards are now storylets!
edited by metasynthie on 2/22/2016

I got lucky and got another encounter card early yesterday, but nothing since then. Even regular Feast cards don’t seem to show up much today, so I’m havng trouble building up Masquing… At least I traded in that monkey.

It really says something when a person draws a Voice from the Well (Rare Frequency) more often than Encounters at the Feast (Frequent Frequency) in the same period of time. That’s RNG for you, I guess.

[quote=metasynthie]You could even consider sacrificing 8-12 actions to refresh your card deck by starting and abandoning a Flash Lay.
edited by metasynthie on 2/21/2016[/quote]

You get kicked out if you have high enough Menaces, so if you enter with the max menace allowed, then put on a menace hat, it might speed things along.

[li][/li][li]
edited by th8827 on 2/22/2016

[quote=th8827]I got lucky and got another encounter card early yesterday, but nothing since then. Even regular Feast cards don’t seem to show up much today, so I’m havng trouble building up Masquing… At least I traded in that monkey.

[li][/li][li]
edited by th8827 on 2/22/2016[/quote]
You know the pleasure garden provides masqueing as well, right?
[/li]

Are there any clashes between cards? I’ve currently got An Unsigned Message and A Little Omen sitting in my hand, and I’ve been flipping cards since the feast started. I have not seen Lilac once, but I’ve seen ‘Property Most Intellectual’ NO FEWER THAN FIVE TIMES. Is it possible that holding onto some cards rules out the chance of drawing some others?
edited by Arensen on 2/22/2016

I don’t think that it is blocked by any cards. It is just harder, if there are more cards in your draw pool.

Problem solved. Big brother always watching.
edited by Gonen on 2/22/2016

It seems that Encounters & the Lady in Lilac are storylets now.

Yay! Thank-you FBG! :)

(A big thank-you also to everyone here for sharing your advice and ideas on Lilac)
edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 2/23/2016

Squeaky wheel keep on squeakin’
Proud batty keep on drownin’

whew

This seems like a nice compromise. Cards during the Feast, for fun and atmosphere. Then storylets afterwards, for those who were colossally unlucky or with sub optimal decks. Lilac being easier to find after the Feast also makes sense. During the height of the Feast she’s rushing around, meeting lots of different people. As the Feast winds down she’s essentially rapping things up.

I got most of the companions that I wanted. Cat’s Chiefest Claws will have to wait until next year, but it was a good haul, overall.