Thoroughly Maddening Millie (Lilac! *shakes fist*)

No Lilac or Encounter cards yet today… Getting plenty of VeryInfrequent cards, though.

I still haven’t found Lilac since the Feast started, which is very upsetting. I don’t have the Fate investment that some other people have, but I really do want to get a tattoo this year (and maybe pick up the Costermonger while I’m at it), and I’ll be ESPECIALLY disappointed considering that I missed out on Christmas this year.

Is there actually an access code yet, that I don’t know? And if so, can anyone PM it to me?

Nah, she shows up everywhere the same if you wait long enough. The real question is how to best sacrifice for the blessing of the RNG.

Is there any reason that you can’t draw the encounter card while holding a feast and Lilac card in-hand? I’m starting to go mad. Been sitting at 100 masquing for days now.

There is not. RNG is RNG.

[li]

Well… I got the Encounter card, which I used for the diplomat. Then, 10 minutes later, I got Lilac. I’m holding her hostage in my hand until I grind back the 10 Masquing through the Feast card (which now refuses to show up, despite being Ubiquitous Frequency, since I want it), and when I have the Encounter card ready to go again.
edited by th8827 on 2/18/2016

Ah, I’ve been flipping cards in the Bazaar Sidestreets due to also needing the very faint chance at Skin of the Bazaar to head towards Correspondent. Oh well. I suppose Lilac will come in her own time.

100 Masquing, waiting for my Revolutionary Firebrand… I’m starting to get really nervous right now. Can I safely go and meet Lilac at Veilgarden and get a tattoo or does this storyline require spending some masquing? Last thing I need is to spend it accidentally and get stuck with 95 or something, when I need exactly 100 for my beloved companion.

Getting a tattoo doesn’t take masquing.

I’ve had a little luck myself with both cards inside the Empress’s Court - My only guess being Lilac’s taken an interest in the play I’m writing?

Despite my suggestion this not really be feedback; I suppose another question to ask is if anyone is actually happy with the current system?

My inclination would be towards a resounding ‘No!!’, but then it is easy to let bias colour your thinking and be motivated to comment on something you dislike.

I can see it does have it’s merits - It melds current mechanics well with the story and helps avoid the redundancy of people getting everything they want/can afford in one year and then having little use for the Feast the next. (But why not let players get all the companions in one go if they are willing and able to spend the money? That to me seems itself to be enough of a limitation).

I really like how the system for getting a Tattoo works and Panopitcon conversation especially :)

But even if Lilac will turn up eventually for everyone/there is an access code for those she hasn’t visited (which I think is very likely), it’s the element of risk added to Fate expenditure that (while not entirely un-warned of, nor effecting me personally this year) I can only see serves to cause upset among FBG’s customers. Perhaps I am missing something here, but isn’t it better for something be more enjoyable than it is frustrating? Even if it is intended to be both?

If the Hallowmas system is getting an update (as I’ve seen hinted) because it’s become too easy on players. I would personally say the Feast/Lilac system is a much greater priority precisely because it is not.

I’d be very glad to hear other people’s views on this; because personally I find the intended aim of the current design of the Masqueing system a little confusing. But then again nothing is perfect :)
edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 2/18/2016

Well, I still haven’t seen her. Hope I’ll get lucky over the weekend since I’ll be very busy next week…

@Charlotte: I don’t find the Masquing system overall confusing or difficult or anything like that. In fact, I quite like the way it works. But I definitely think that Lilac’s card should be given the biggest possible Frequency - or that there should be another way to summon her!

I’ve seen Lilac’s card exactly once, with my main only (and then I screwed up presenting gifts to her…) On the other hand, both my main and my alt have gotten the Encounter at the Feast card (and we’re both hanging on to it…) It’s just the RNG being, well, random again. Courage! It should not be much longer.

While I don’t flip cards all day, I think it’s quite remarkable that I haven’t seen her yet on any of my three accounts!

Well, we’ve got more than a week left - and an access code, too, hopefully! But I somehow doubt that the card’s frequency is “twice as common as standard” like the wiki claims.

[quote=th8827]You’re luckier than me - Lilac is simply avoiding me. I think I have too many Intimate of Devils cards clogging up my deck, but I can’t afford to bring it down till I get the Quiet Deviless. I got the Presbyterate Diplomat with the Encounters at the Feast card and am now anxiously waiting for Lilac to finally turn up so I can nab a Lettice and my beloved Revolutionary Firebrand Reforged. (Sorry, Myrto my intended, if you’re reading this! I know we have an arrangement, but it is after one of convenience ;p)
edited by navchaa on 2/17/2016[/quote]

Ha! No offense taken. All’s fair in a mercenary marriage.

Also, I managed to draw a salt weasel (which is cool),but still no Lilac!! Grrr.

[quote=Rupho Schartenhauer]While I don’t flip cards all day, I think it’s quite remarkable that I haven’t seen her yet on any of my three accounts!

Well, we’ve got more than a week left - and an access code, too, hopefully! But I somehow doubt that the card’s frequency is &quottwice as common as standard&quot like the wiki claims.[/quote]
You’re right that it’s odd, but odd occurence can happen without that being all that unusual. I’d bet you’ve missed at least two other standard cards on all three accounts, too. Think rarity of 4-card lodging’s cards, not ubiqueitous.
edited by Grenem on 2/18/2016

[quote=Charlotte_de_Witte]I’ve had a little luck myself with both cards inside the Empress’s Court - My only guess being Lilac’s taken an interest in the play I’m writing?

Despite my suggestion this not really be feedback; I suppose another question to ask is if anyone is actually happy with the current system?[/quote]
This is my first feast and I’m rather happy with the present system. I mean, yeah, getting the Feast cards, the Lilac cards, and the Encounter cards to cooperate can be frustrating as hell (especially when you accidentally discard the Lilac card you were saving, argh), but its incredibly satisfying when you finally make it all work.

And it thematically makes sense for all these cards to be somewhat random. The Feast card conveys the chaotic ubiquity of the celebrations. The Lilac card is about a woman who is incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to find unless she wishes it. The Encounter card is about a surprise meeting that has been arranged for you. Making these an easily accessible storylet would ruin the atmosphere.

[quote=Anne Auclair]This is my first feast and I’m rather happy with the present system. I mean, yeah, getting the Feast cards, the Lilac cards, and the Encounter cards to cooperate can be frustrating as hell (especially when you accidentally discard the Lilac card you were saving, argh), but its incredibly satisfying when you finally make it all work.

And it thematically makes sense for all these cards to be somewhat random. The Feast card conveys the chaotic ubiquity of the celebrations. The Lilac card is about a woman who is incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to find unless she wishes it. The Encounter card is about a surprise meeting that has been arranged for you. Making these an easily accessible storylet would ruin the atmosphere.[/quote]
While I admit that it’s certainly in theme for the way it progresses, and I am really enjoying the atmosphere, it’s destroying my already fragile morale. See, I lost my chance at a 5-card lodgings due to my luck in Christmas being shockingly bad, and my luck with my Noman was no better–only got it to Friend 6. I left FL for a month in a fit of disillusionment–and returned to find my Notability had been destroyed. I sincerely hope we get an access code, or a frequency increase soon, because if I fail to get a Tattoo because of bad luck with the Feast cards, then I suspect that will be honestly too much for my fragile little soul to cope with. Which reminds me, I should really figure out exactly where it’s gone…

[quote=Myrto][quote=th8827]You’re luckier than me - Lilac is simply avoiding me. I think I have too many Intimate of Devils cards clogging up my deck, but I can’t afford to bring it down till I get the Quiet Deviless. I got the Presbyterate Diplomat with the Encounters at the Feast card and am now anxiously waiting for Lilac to finally turn up so I can nab a Lettice and my beloved Revolutionary Firebrand Reforged. (Sorry, Myrto my intended, if you’re reading this! I know we have an arrangement, but it is after one of convenience ;p)
edited by navchaa on 2/17/2016[/quote]

Ha! No offense taken. All’s fair in a mercenary marriage.[/quote]
…I did not say most of that.

Also, no luck yet today.

[li]

Still no Lilac for me either. She’s late. How rude.