The Twelve Days of Mr Sacks have Begun!

Mr Sacks has not shown up for me since Day 4, and I’ve been drawing my entire Opportunity Deck rather frequently. Has something happened?

[li]
I think I killed him!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Snotra

UPDATE: Still no Sacks, after a few more opportunity decks. I’m worried.
EDIT: FINALLY!!
edited by KestrelGirl on 1/1/2016

looks like day 1 is a sticky card now. useful. the RNG has been elusive with my alt.

Sacks has a schedule of being 2 days late for me. So annoying! At least it’s consistent though.

Oh lord… that was HIM, wasn’t it? I’m not sure I like the idea of that thing knowing where I live… now where did I put those turkey leftovers, i’m starving…

Well that storylet’s border was consumed, devoured, bitten off and e(REDACTED)

Consistently late is an Oxymoron (and that is a paradoxical thing, not the title of somebody form the 'Neath…well, not yet.)[/quote]

Its not actually an oxymoron, if one arrives late by the same amount of time everytime, he is still late. &quotConsistently unpredictable&quot is an oxymoron.

Consistently late is an Oxymoron (and that is a paradoxical thing, not the title of somebody form the 'Neath…well, not yet.)[/quote]

Its not actually an oxymoron, if one arrives late by the same amount of time everytime, he is still late. &quotConsistently unpredictable&quot is an oxymoron.[/quote]

Thought about that yesterday. Even consistently unpredictable is not an oxymoron. You can always be surprised by one’s actions, even if you are trying to prepare yourself, thinking you know this time he/she will be unpredictable. Actually, you need not be surprised.

A die is consistently unpredictable (even if you know the range, you cannot predict the next throw).
edited by Gonen on 1/2/2016

@Gonen: “dice” is plural. The singular is “die.” One of many grammar factoids ruined by gaming.
“Consistently inconsistent” would be an oxymoron.

– Mal

– Mal

[quote=malthaussen]@Gonen: &quotdice&quot is plural. The singular is &quotdie.&quot One of many grammar factoids ruined by gaming.
&quotConsistently inconsistent&quot would be an oxymoron.
[/quote]

Right you are.
Thank you for the correction.

What I’ve never been able to figure is why the plural of &quotmouse&quot is &quotmice,&quot but for &quothouse&quot it’s &quothouses,&quot not &quothice.&quot Both are derived through ME from OG roots. I can only conclude it is because they are of different gender (Maus is feminine, Haus is neuter).

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 1/2/2016

Its not actually an oxymoron, if one arrives late by the same amount of time everytime, he is still late. &quotConsistently unpredictable&quot is an oxymoron.[/quote]

Thought about that yesterday. Even consistently unpredictable is not an oxymoron. You can always be surprised by one’s actions, even if you are trying to prepare yourself, thinking you know this time he/she will be unpredictable. Actually, you need not be surprised.

A die is consistently unpredictable (even if you know the range, you cannot predict the next throw).
edited by Gonen on 1/2/2016[/quote]

Well, its surprisingly hard to find oxymorons. Even boiling ice, the classical example, is actually possible. Even a damn &quotconstant variable&quot is possible! :D

Other than what one option gives…I don’t see that many things that say it was &quotit&quot, can anyone explain?(Without using (REDACTED), if possible).

[quote]

Well, its surprisingly hard to find oxymorons. Even boiling ice, the classical example, is actually possible. Even a damn &quotconstant variable&quot is possible! :D[/quote]

A non contradictory oxymoron
edited by Gonen on 1/2/2016

Mumbling and grumbling I am, waiting for Sackses to show up. Only four so far. Vexing.

My time the healer is late - anyone else get it this morning? I’ve held off on some MW increasing actions in anticipation!

I’ve only had 2 so far I think - not sure where he’s got to he’s meant to be hitting ubiquitous soon (or at least more common than normal if the previous posts on this thread are anything to go by) but I’ve still seen the rubbery men turning up to give/demand warm amber about 6 times while looking for the chap - sigh, if I don’t get to 12 days does that mean I can’t spend by taste of lacre in penstock wicket ? ~~~~

My alt is two Sackses behind but my main is right on target. And it snowed in the Neath this morning! Excellent.

By the way, I noticed that the Wiki is wrong. The Wild Boar can’t increase your Taste of Lacre beyond 16 (where mine is now).

So… there seems to be an issue in the Wicket. The Noman option is the final, most expensive option and is locked to need the developer item Key of Seasons.

I’ve only had 2 so far I think - not sure where he’s got to he’s meant to be hitting ubiquitous soon (or at least more common than normal if the previous posts on this thread are anything to go by) but I’ve still seen the rubbery men turning up to give/demand warm amber about 6 times while looking for the chap - sigh, if I don’t get to 12 days does that mean I can’t spend by taste of lacre in penstock wicket ? ~~~~[/quote]
I think they become storylets towards the end of the month.