The starveling cat! The starveling cat!

It’s possible that’s on hold, considering I believe the starveling cat was SMEN content.

[quote=RandomWalker]Will the Staveling Cat spawn any more? Haven’t the boxes been changed to have either a sorrow spider or a matriarch? Honest question.[/quote] The Starveling Cat used to be (and possibly still is) a Rare Success, and I seem to recall hearing someone say that the Matriarch was a Rare Failure (This seems completely backwards, but whatever. Sure. Success is having a Starveling Cat maul you.), meaning that if I heard right, they’re probably both still in-game.

Yes, I got a Starveling Cat from a box yesterday.

Cool - thanks for letting me know.

Six is the number of the Stains on the Soul, yet the d----ble cat refused to show itself for one last time! Most confounding, for the number of candles is so close!

I’ll be happy to get any cats… The name will not escape me…

Do people still get those boxes from the game? I haven’t seen any since the one from the advent calender. Maybe my Connected: the Duchess 24 is too high, and the nameless NPCs who used to send me boxes think that I must surely disapprove as much of the game as the Duchess does? (Just guessing. And I’m just curious. I’m quite fine with not getting boxes.)

Yes, I’ve gotten a few in the past few weeks.

Gillsing, getting the boxed cat card requires you to not currently have a boxed cat. Might that be your problem?

No, that might not be my problem. Not unless the advent calender box left a ‘ghost box’ of some sort.

I had a box before the advent calender just to keep me from getting more boxes since I didn’t have Scandal to get rid of, and I didn’t see any more people requesting Starveling Cats or boxes, presumably because the Mr Eaten content was on hiatus. When people started discussing the boxes in the advent calender I sent that saved box to someone who had apparently opened their box themselves, thereby merely letting the thing inside escape unseen (with no chance to get a cat of any kind). Then I activated the advent calender code, got a new box and sent that away to an acquaintance, hoping that it’d yield a Matriach. And that’s the last box I saw.

Maybe the RNG is playing a trick on you? I still get Pass the Cat opportunities on my main, and my Duchess score is much higher than yours.

Well, that’s one thing to scratch off the list of possible reasons then. That RNG, always having so much fun with my expectations.

EDIT: Now I finally got one, and it turns out that the card has an Unusual frequency, much like most dream cards. So that would explain it.
edited by Gillsing on 1/11/2014

I already have my starveling cat, but still have a few gently rustling boxes that have been sitting on my desk for a long time now.

Does anyone know if it’s even possible to have more than one starveling cat at once? Or is it useless to even try and open the remaining boxes until such time when I might lose/give my cat?

You can have more than one starveling cat.

I’m willing to adopt a Starveling Cat and would send boxes for those who want them (when I get the card). My Scuttering Squad wouldn’t probably get along with a Midnight Matriarch but I guess they’ll get along with another kitty right?

I too am in dire need of a cat, and would appreciate any help in finding one. Do feel free to contact me here
N

I have a nearly unwrapped cat and would enjoy receiving boxed felines in return :-)

I would really like to adquire one of these savage beasts, so any help with boxes would be appreciated. The favour would of course be returned, and other invitations are also welcome. Thank you all.[li]

I just did you one better on an alt. Enjoy!
[/li]

I would love a feline companion, however menacing. I would happily pass along any boxes i find in return![li]

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Pardon