The Starveling Cat! The Boxed Cat!

I’m interested in a long term trading arrangement of boxed cats. I’m hoping to find a Starveling Cat that way.

edit: Found someone!
edited by Bonny Kate on 2/6/2016

Delicious Friends,

As the possessor of a feline nature and a Starveling Cat I must take some offense at the idea of boxing cats at all, much less entrusting them to the post. However I do have a few questions, and I hope such aficionados as your estimable selves might be able to elucidate things for myself.

To whit:

Beyond companionship, and the Starveling Cat is a terrible companion – I don’t mind that he eats everything in my larder, but I can not conscience lies, I tell them not when I gather on the rooftops with the other cats and I do not appreciate them in my companions – is there any purpose to keeping my current companion? (now that he has finished eating my previous pet)

Second, is there a way to release the cats from any boxes I receive? I can not help but seem to attract these damnable things in my daily post.

Yours, for once Publicly Speaking,

Absimiliard the Elder

{OOC: I just can’t have my character go against their conscience by participating in such games, but I also dislike dismissing cards without playing them, though I’m getting better at that over time, are there any other options besides that? And, seriously, is there any benefit to a Starveling Cat? I can’t figure one out yet, but I also can’t see my character setting loose on the street any cat in need.}

The starveling cat can be used for seeking the name (not available right now) other than that, it can be useful during hallowmas.
If you don’t want your starveling cat, feel free to send it to me.
But I do believe you need to hang onto the wrapped cat to stop the card from appearing.

Delicious Lady,

I am most grateful for the offer regarding my Starveling Cat. Yet, despite his barbaric manners I must admit for a deep fondness for the creature, in such a hostile and implacable soul there are things to be found that are admirable, alongside the vasty “rest”. I fear I must thus inform you that I am choosing to retain my companion – as I was not seeking a new home for him, rather hoping that amongst his numerous vices there might just possibly reside some virtue as well.

Yours,

Absimiliard the Elder

{OOC: Thx suinicide, greatly appreciate the advice. I’d been hoping I wouldn’t have to hold the card, losing a slot is beginning to strike me as a bad thing. Guess it’s a choice between RP and game-play for me then.}

I just came across a box if anyone is interested! I also wouldn’t mind setting up a long-term trading arrangement myself, as I am looking to acquire a Midnight Matriarch (mostly for RP purposes).

EDIT: Box has been sent off. :)
edited by DT on 2/11/2016

Could I have a box or forty-two?

I’ll try to remember to return the favor, but the unpredictability of actually getting one means it may take so long I forget.

[quote=Saklad5]Could I have a box or forty-two?

I’ll try to remember to return the favor, but the unpredictability of actually getting one means it may take so long I forget.[/quote]

Maestra Valencia just got one and has now passed it on to you. Good luck!

Well, I seem to have a box; anybody got one they want to trade? I’d also be interested in setting up a lasting exchange, rather than my having to check in this thread every time.

EDIT: Box sent.
edited by Darkroot on 2/27/2016

I have a starveling cat to give away, if anyone would desire such a beast.

Edit: Taken.
edited by yang573 on 3/2/2016

I would love to receive that little rascal.

Also I’m interested in a long term trading arrangement of boxed cats.
Darkroot, are you still available?
edited by Ysrthgrathe on 3/1/2016

If anyone happens to have a starveling cat to get rid of I would like to &quotadopt&quot one of those furry creatures.

Edit: Thank you. I will inform you when Im back in London!
edited by Coldhands on 3/7/2016

I have sent a Starveling to RobinMask. Sardiak, I will send one to you as soon as you’re in London again.
edited by Hark DeGaul on 3/7/2016

I have two rustling boxes, contents not guaranteed of course, if anyone is interested?

Edit: both boxes have been taken.
edited by theonie on 3/10/2016

I would dearly love the company of a Starveling Cat, are there any kind souls who care to unburden themselves?

Many thanks Hark DeGaul! Its eaten its way through the all cheese, a barrel of weevil infested biscuits and I’m certain there are considerably fewer lucky weasels thsn before…

Thanks again!
edited by Fireballjim23 on 3/11/2016

Many thanks Hark DeGaul! Its eaten its way through the all cheese, a barrel of weevil infested biscuits and I’m certain there are considerably fewer lucky weasels thsn before…

Thanks again!
edited by Fireballjim23 on 3/11/2016[/quote]
Always happy to help! I’d recently received a Starveling from a box theonie sent me (thanks theonie!) so I thought it would be nice to pass it on.
I advise you make your cheese from only the most luxuriously coiffed of spiders from now on. It’s a well known fact cats can’t stand wigs.

[quote=theonie]I have two rustling boxes, contents not guaranteed of course, if anyone is interested?

Edit: both boxes have been taken.
edited by theonie on 3/10/2016[/quote]
Theonie, I’ll be interested in a long term trade of cats; box for box (or other trades), but atm I don’t have any. I didn’t check what that box implied, but I was discarding it or refusing to play the game. Now, I must say that I want the starving cat, but also the matriarch.
If you’d like to discuss more, we can do it via PMs. I’ll wait for your reply before looking for more partners!
Cheers!
EDIT: In an exchange with Jeremy at the moment so, depending on the luck, I don’t think I’ll be able to trade with another player. But I do accept them except I won’t really be able to return the favor.
edited by Skinnyman on 3/16/2016

I am unfortunate to share my lodgings with a Starveling Cat. My Grubby Kitten has put the thing in its place when it first arrived, but I grow weary of its lies and uncouth behaviour.
Is there any reason why I should tolerate the beast? I mean, besides the potential for comedy. Because if I can find any usefulness for this hairy nightmare, I would happily give it away to whomever may be interested.

I would like to point out to all, that I’m giving out Starveling Cats for the price of a rhyme here:
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21980-the-starveling-cat-a-rhyming-competition.aspx

[quote=Professor Strix]I am unfortunate to share my lodgings with a Starveling Cat. My Grubby Kitten has put the thing in its place when it first arrived, but I grow weary of its lies and uncouth behaviour.
Is there any reason why I should tolerate the beast? I mean, besides the potential for comedy. Because if I can find any usefulness for this hairy nightmare, I would happily give it away to whomever may be interested.[/quote]
Having a cat is currently only really useful around Hallowmas, when it helps to have a good source for wounds and nightmares around.

It’s useful for SMEN content too, but that’s currently retired from the game. Not sure if we’re allowed to talk about it so I’m spoilering it for caution’s sake.

If you don’t want it I’m always happy to exchange it for something.
edited by Hark DeGaul on 3/25/2016