The Mayor of London

I think the Tiger Keeper should be Mayor. We’ve a human(ish) governor in Port Carnelian. They should get a tiger mayor in London. And he’s so very stylish. “Vote for the Tiger Keeper–He’s got a fez!”

The tiger keeper is such a great suggestion, but now I’ve already created the poll, can’t add them.

Hmm… Who would be the best candidate for each faction in London? Here are my picks.

Society: Mr. Huffman
Bohemians: The Kashmir Princess
The Great Game: The Voracious Diplomat
Hell: The Brass Ambassador
Benthic: The Principal
Summerset: The Provost
Criminals: The Topsy King
Docks: The Sunless Sea Captain
Tomb Colonists: Grace, the Mercy (Lettice as the Vice-Mayor)
Rubbery Men: The Tentacled Entrepreneur
Urchins: Longshank Gunner
Church: Bishop of Southwark
Revolutionaries: December
Constables: The Knuckle-Scarred Inspector
The Duchess: The Duchess (Midnight Matriarch as the Vice-Mayor)
The Widow: The Widow
The Masters: Mr. Chimes[li]
edited by th8827 on 6/9/2016

[quote=th8827]Hmm… Who would be the best candidate for each faction in London? Here are my picks.

Society: Mr. Huffman
Bohemians: The Kashmir Princess
The Great Game: The Voracious Diplomat
Hell: The Brass Ambassador
Benthic: The Principal
Summerset: The Provost
Criminals: The Topsy King
Docks: The Sunless Sea Captain
Tomb Colonists: Grace, the Mercy (Lettice as the Vice-Mayor)
Rubbery Men: The Tentacled Entrepreneur
Urchins: Longshank Gunner
Church: Bishop of Southwark
Revolutionaries: December
Constables: The Knuckle-Scarred Inspector
The Duchess: The Duchess (Midnight Matriarch as the Vice-Mayor)
The Widow: The Widow
The Masters: Mr. Chimes[li]
edited by th8827 on 6/9/2016[/quote]
Oh man, this really makes me want to vote for that faction vs faction card game as Failbetter’s next project. That sounds like an amazing battle royale.[/li]

I have major problems with this list.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 6/9/2016

About the Kashmir Princess… That is why they should be brought back. They were underutilized… And normal people don’t know that she is really 2 people. They can get twice as much done.

Plus, are there any other noteworthy Bohemians?

[quote=Estelle Knoht]
Docks: The Sunless Sea Captain <- Probably already stuck in the East forever

I have major problems with this list.[/quote]

I’ll have you know Estelle, I am nowhere near the East. Currently Absimiliard is in London, at least until I zail on the tides tonight. For now I’m no more Going East than Seeking. (at least unless I lose all hope, in which case watch out Seekers, I’m coming and I’ve never met a bit of myself I won’t cut away to achieve a goal.)

edited by absimiliard on 6/9/2016

Any captain that isn’t stuck in the East with Salt forever isn’t eligible, especially you, Abby Bladder-Rose

[REMOVED BY MINISTRY OF PUBLIC DECENCY]
edited by Passionario on 6/10/2016

I am willing to vote up the Struggling Artist or his Model before I let these two waste of space, good-for-nothing, bootleg cashmere, basic witches to gain any position beyond lacre-fodder.

[quote=Passionario]

[/quote]

Does Sinning Jenny count as a Bohemian? A lady of the night does not really fit the definition of a Bohemian…

[quote=Estelle Knoht]
I am willing to vote up the Struggling Artist or his Model before I let these two waste of space, good-for-nothing, bootleg cashmere, basic witches to gain any position beyond lacre-fodder.[/quote]
So hostile. What have they ever done to you?

[li]

I wonder if there’ll be any mention of a Short-Fingered Vulgarian…

[quote=th8827]Does Sinning Jenny count as a Bohemian? A lady of the night does not really fit the definition of a Bohemian…
[/quote]
As the manager and star of the Parlour of Virtue, I’m not sure what other faction she could possibly fit under.

[li]I’ll be supporting the rubbery candidate, though I think it’d be a bit of a fluke if they won.

[REMOVED BY MINISTRY OF PUBLIC DECENCY]
edited by Passionario on 6/10/2016

The Midnight Matriarch to rule us all!

Hopefully this will be hilarious. Hilarity is fun.

She fits under every faction on a regular basis.[/quote]

I should have seen that coming.

…wait, she fits under the Masters? And the Rubbery Men?
edited by Optimatum on 6/9/2016

I didn’t join in time for the free rat squad but I think there will be a very sizable population ready to assassinate the cat

If only this subject received more hype than a certain other one. I greatly welcome the idea of having a mayor and all the influences they may have.

I hope they can maybe influence the Masters a bit… or a lot

[quote=knguy ]If only this subject received more hype than a certain other one. I greatly welcome the idea of having a mayor and all the influences they may have.

I hope they can maybe influence the Masters a bit… or a lot[/quote]
I welcome the seekers of the name more, as their raw folly- and it’s a lot of endgame players- means less competition who can take my title, if-and-when i actually have it, of owner of the most vials of tears of the bazaar.

That said, if i were campaigning for mayor, i would offer at least one of my fellow candidates a drink of my special brew to celebrate. It’s deliciously intoxicating, though it should be consumed in moderation.