The Mayor of London

Amusing typo is amusing

I’m now wondering what Nitebrite’s campaign would be is she did run. “Do not vote for me.” With how people react around here she’d win by a landslide.

It was amusing during the U.S. primary season to watch candidates announce forthrightly that they had absolutely no intention of running, then have the media and other politcal junkies speculate as to when they would announce their candidacy. As if the U.S. Republican Party didn’t have enough candidates at the start.

– Mal

She’ll win by a landslide regardless of everything Kylestien, she’s NiteBrite.

Somehow, I’m expecting the Bishop of Southwark to win, if this is between NPCs.
edited by th8827 on 6/9/2016

He is a cool fella, but he will most likely get all of us killed.

Whatever it is, since it’s not the next ES it’s probably not going to be fate content, and it’s nice to see they are making alot of free content and changes lately.

My electoral promises:

If I win, I will:

Arrange back to back performances of The Bell And The Candle and The Concursion of Petals for all week following my inaugeration.
Immedialy plan a scheme to take immortality from the Mountain of light for all.
Revamp the entirety of our city with new technological marvels and the greatist ideas of the age.
And obtain a full translation of The Corrispondance.

[quote=Kylestien]My electoral promises:

If I win, I will:

Arrange back to back performances of The Bell And The Candle and The Concursion of Petals for all week following my inaugeration.
Immedialy plan a scheme to take immortality from the Mountain of light for all.
Revamp the entirety of our city with new technological marvels and the greatist ideas of the age.
And obtain a full translation of The Corrispondance.[/quote]

Oh, I would love if the corrispondance was translated :).

Perhaps all the candidates are masters, and we have to vote for our favorite. Imagine a debate between several hooded forms standing behind podiums, squeaking their campaign promises.

So does that make Eaten the independant candidate that everyone ignores but has a small and loyal following of madmen?

So you’re saying the Name is Sanders?

– Mal

It would be really fun to get to vote between Masters (and see which one has the most player loyalty), and with some corresponding in game effect that is a surprise.

Like whichever won, that creates an event/impact that affects all players. (A new opportunity card? A temporary change to the cost of an item at the Bazaar?)

But, each person could also get some personal opportunity based on their vote. Sold your vote to this Master? Get an opportunity card related to that.

I was thinking more the really small ones with weird promises like “I promise you a reckoning will not be postponed indefinatly” or something.

@Appolonia: I understand in Belize, they purchase votes outright, so there’s no reason that tradition couldn’t be in FL. It’s more democratic to buy the candidates, though.

– Mal

[quote=Nigel Overstreet][quote=Professor Sketch]I’ll be voting Nigel Overstreet for Mayor 1894. He has quite a fancy profile picture, and really, I think that is exactly what London needs at a time like this.[/quote]Interesting. As an unapologetic Hedonist, I do have the requisite number of scandals.
Overstreet '94: Everything You’ve Heard is True!

But mostly I like the idea of a campaign based off the fact that I have a nice picture.
Overstreet '94: Because I’m Pretty!

And if I’m mayor, I do get to have a fancy chain!
Overstreet '94: For The Accessories!

But that would bring my number of chains to 8.
I should consult with my family, the fraudulent thief daughter and alien squid wife, before making an announcement.[/quote]

This may have won me over. Unless An_Ocelot is running or Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook, I honestly have to admit London needs a Hedonist mayor. You know. To fit in.
edited by SouthSea Rutherby on 6/9/2016

@Mal – In Ancient Rome they regularly bought votes as well, it was well known that the definition of an honorable politician was a man who would stay bought.

So there’s pretty good Classical precedent for it in London, though certainly Plutocratic rather than Democratic.

Whomever the candidates will be, I wanna do propaganda! We need fliers and posters and pins.
Time to blow the dust from Photoshop.

I’ll back either the Rubbery or the Ratty candidate!

[quote=Zero]Whomever the candidates will be, I wanna do propaganda! We need fliers and posters and pins.
Time to blow the dust from Photoshop.[/quote]I like it!
What I want to know is, who’s going to be Fallen London’s Malcolm Tucker?
Who will claim the distinguished title of &quotCrossest Man From Scotland?&quot

[quote=Nigel Overstreet][quote=Zero]Whomever the candidates will be, I wanna do propaganda! We need fliers and posters and pins.
Time to blow the dust from Photoshop.[/quote]I like it!
What I want to know is, who’s going to be Fallen London’s Malcolm Tucker?
Who will claim the distinguished title of &quotCrossest Man From Scotland?&quot[/quote]

I’m not from Scotland but I can get very cross and have heritage there. XD

…VOTE FOR ME DAMMIT!
edited by Kylestien on 6/9/2016