The Mayor of London: Opportunity Card

[quote=Edward Warren]The &quotgift for your silence&quot leads me believe there’s more at work than what we’ve uncovered so far. The &quotgift&quot might just be a bribe to stop digging where we’re not wanted. The more I think about it, the more this sounds like a ploy by Stones and/or Wines.

[spoiler] Stones is known for hating London and wanting to move on to the next city ASAP. Fostering better conditions and anti-Master sentiment is actually a brilliant way to get away with it. Fires is fighting to stay in London because he actually likes it here. He likes terrible working conditions and bossing people around. Stones loosening his grip on the poor makes him more likely to become frustrated and want to move on as well.

Fostering outright revolt is a long-shot, but also helps Stones in a twisted way. Whenever a city is squeezed dry of its love stories and/or openly revolts against the Masters, they just release the lacre-vats under the city. Everyone except the Masters dies horribly and the next city falls down and squashes the previous city to rubble. That’s why there are no Khanagians in the Forgotten Quarter, they were already poisoned/melted/drowned before London got here.

I’m all for Mr. Fires and the Bazaar staying in London, because that really does work out best for everyone. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made… [/spoiler]
edited by Edward Warren on 7/30/2016
edited by Edward Warren on 7/30/2016[/quote]

That’s. Hmm. Quite the conspiracy theory. All the more worrying that it is known that the Masters play games with each other in such a way, so I really can’t discount that. I do wonder that, if such a theory were true, then what would Jenny’s public works have to do with it, and if Jenny herself would be blind to such machinations. She can be called many things, but I do not believe unobservant or ignorant would be among the terms used.

[quote=Grenem]That said, i just realized i may have miscalculated on the crime or punishment.

Is 20 echoes the reward for any level from 5-7, or does it scale in some way? If it’s a constant, 20 echo payout, it’s about 4 - [0.2 action’s epa] per favor if you use the card at exactly 5- which is better if you’ve hit 1 epa or higher.[/quote]
It should scale, going by the other conflict cards. At 7 favours I’d expect two more Sworn Statements or Broken Giant.

[quote=Optimatum][quote=Grenem]That said, i just realized i may have miscalculated on the crime or punishment.

Is 20 echoes the reward for any level from 5-7, or does it scale in some way? If it’s a constant, 20 echo payout, it’s about 4 - [0.2 action’s epa] per favor if you use the card at exactly 5- which is better if you’ve hit 1 epa or higher.[/quote]
It should scale, going by the other conflict cards. At 7 favours I’d expect two more Sworn Statements or Broken Giant.[/quote]
The thing is, at 7 it’s 20 echoes. if the thing that scales is anything besides suspicion reduction, the value at 5 would be lower.

btw, I can confirm there are no new options at Mr Wines revels and Sinning Jenny still attends the event.

Yes, well, she’s not a tame mayor, and this isn’t a tame city. Throw away the veneer of a society of dignity, and pick up the veneer of someone who actually cares about people. Both, in the wildness of the neath, are lies.

Is the card drawable everywhere? I still haven’t seen it, I’d like to know if I have to curse the RNG or if I’m doing it wrong
edited by Odexios on 8/1/2016

I am yet to encounter the mayor opportunity card, however, I wonder if they’ll add some unique stories surrounding our Sinning Mayor.

It’s drawable.

My alt has drawn it about three times, and my main about once.

I think someone said it’s below standard frequency (not sure how rare or how true this is, though). It might help for you to move into a remote lodgings, if you have one, then stand around in an area that doesn’t have unique cards, such as your lodgings or the Labyrinth (if I remember rightly) . . . you can also get rid of favours, to get rid of any related cards, and nuke an acquaintance that seems to get two cards just for herself . . . I think that’s about all you can do to increase your odds, though, but the card will come eventually.[/quote]
Thanks for the confirmation! I had a little language mishap, I meant to ask if the card is drawable everywhere; but as far as I can see it is, so I’ll just be patient.
edited by Odexios on 8/1/2016

I still haven’t got a single appearance of Mayor card. How could it be?

Because the Random Number Ghods are cruel beyond all belief. It is well known they only ever give you anything in order to make their future betrayals more painful.

RNG is cruel, indeed. I still have to encounter this mythical card

I didn’t have it show up until this weekend, but I’ve gotten it four times since.

I just drew it a few minutes ago. This thread must be lucky charm XD

Here’s a question. Is everyone getting the card, or only those who participated in the election?

Everyone. Hubris never picked a candidate, but he’s drawn and used the card.

Has anyone noticed any changes in the Mayoral influence card?
edited by Anne Auclair on 8/26/2016

Is it just me or are Mayoral influence cards suddenly nowhere to be found?

I’m still drawing them, probably just the rng.

Are they any different?

Not last time I read them, but I admit I only skimmed the one I drew today.