The Mayor of London: Opportunity Card

In my screenshot yesterday, the title is &quotThe public’s worst fears&quot, all else equal.

In my screenshot yesterday, the title is &quotThe public’s worst fears&quot, all else equal.[/quote]
That title is my own.

So it seems the early opposition is coming from the Bishop’s party.

I can’t wait to see the new card! The Favour is going to be useful for Expeditions later on xD

You know, it’s not remotely clear what the Masters (plural) want you to remain silent about. The stuff you uncover is all happening in public view and more or less what was planned during the campaign. Is it the implicit price tag that we’re supposed to remain silent about? Or something else?

[li]
I was a little puzzled about this as well … I finally read it as ‘Here’s a little something to encourage you to stop asking questions. Don’t dig any deeper.’[/li][li]
edited by Lady Sapho Byron on 7/28/2016

So now the question is, what are they preparing to cover up?

I am having trouble drawing the new card :(

I don’t think it’s particularly common. I’ve only gotten it twice so far.

I don’t think it’s particularly common. I’ve only gotten it twice so far.[/quote]
can someone look and see if it’s standard, frequent, or… ugh, neither?

Makes sense for it to be one of the rarer cards as it gives really good returns.

I don’t think it’s particularly common. I’ve only gotten it twice so far.[/quote]
can someone look and see if it’s standard, frequent, or… ugh, neither?[/quote]

When I drew it on day 1 I THINK it was standard, but it’s possible they changed it after that.

I think it’s standard also. I had it twice within a couple of draws.

Just got it and it is Standard but, as we all know, the RNG is fickle and you need luck to draw even the most common cards.

I guess the usual advice to draw in areas without location based cards and trim your deck might help a little.

it makes sense for it not to be ubiquitous, and frequent would be a nuisance for anyone who doesn’t see its value, or who doesn’t have reliable favors disposal- and, if not overpowered, a substantial boost to those who do. but, it’s less than an echo over the docks faction card, so less-than-standard wouldn’t really feel fair either.

The biggest disappointment is that opposing her gives the vastly inferior criminal favors. it might be fair, or correct, but those are the most obnoxiously common of all favors, and have a lower EpF than any other.

rubbery men have 2.5 cards for londoners (counting the party, which might not be fair) [3.5 if companion is an option and you use it], tomb colonists have 1 [2 with companion], criminals now have up to 6.3 effective cards for londoners [7.3 with companion], and docks have 2 [3 with companion]. (ignoring fate-locked, as i haven’t seen behind those locks.)

To be fair, criminal favors have no viable grinding path, but to be unfair, with 6.3 cards… they don’t need one.

And besides, 12.8 echoes per favor in jail isn’t a bad deal, anyways. I mean, the others have better Echoes between favors, but being able to hit favors 7 in 7 actions is really nice- if you don’t mind heading to jail a ton, you could hit the 357 favors needed without ever drawing cards for the low, low price of 4462.5 echoes, and 51 trips to jail. Even with the cash-in price in the equation, that’s not exactly bad enough to need 6.3 cards availible.
edited by Grenem on 7/30/2016

I think you burn through Criminal Favors at a faster rate than Dock Favors though?

Anyway, this is just the first version of this card. There will be a new version for every progression of Jenny’s tenure.

The &quotgift for your silence&quot leads me believe there’s more at work than what we’ve uncovered so far. The &quotgift&quot might just be a bribe to stop digging where we’re not wanted. The more I think about it, the more this sounds like a ploy by Stones and/or Wines.

[spoiler] Stones is known for hating London and wanting to move on to the next city ASAP. Fostering better conditions and anti-Master sentiment is actually a brilliant way to get away with it. Fires is fighting to stay in London because he actually likes it here. He likes terrible working conditions and bossing people around. Stones loosening his grip on the poor makes him more likely to become frustrated and want to move on as well.

Fostering outright revolt is a long-shot, but also helps Stones in a twisted way. Whenever a city is squeezed dry of its love stories and/or openly revolts against the Masters, they just release the lacre-vats under the city. Everyone except the Masters dies horribly and the next city falls down and squashes the previous city to rubble. That’s why there are no Khanagians in the Forgotten Quarter, they were already poisoned/melted/drowned before London got here.

I’m all for Mr. Fires and the Bazaar staying in London, because that really does work out best for everyone. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made… [/spoiler]
edited by Edward Warren on 7/30/2016
edited by Edward Warren on 7/30/2016

[quote=Anne Auclair]I think you burn through Criminal Favors at a faster rate than Dock Favors though?

Anyway, this is just the first version of this card. There will be a new version for every progression of Jenny’s tenure.[/quote]
You can burn through criminal favors faster- but the best options for criminals are still inferior to the docks for any purpose besides getting specific items. [otherwise, the docks have up-to 1 standard card’s worth of favor uses, and still only have two card uses.] Docks are worth about 3.62 echoes, [excluding their expedition value, which can be rated as over 4.72 Echoes Per Favor with optimal watchful.] while criminals are worth, at best, 4.8 - [1 action’s epa] per favor, and that’s card based, fate-locked, and only one favor consumed per draw.

The main selling point for criminal favors is their plethora of uses. if you need item &quotX&quot, there’s a decent chance criminal favors will let you get a nice stock.

Still, if you ignore expeditions, the absurd rate of criminal’s favors is only a nuisance to renown hunters, as all other uses are relatively balanced.

[also, if that’s true, source, please? I didn’t know that.]

[quote=Grenem]…while criminals are worth, at best, 4.8 - [1 action’s epa] per favor, and that’s card based, fate-locked, and only one favor consumed per draw.
[/quote]
What use are you referring to?

[quote=Optimatum][quote=Grenem]…while criminals are worth, at best, 4.8 - [1 action’s epa] per favor, and that’s card based, fate-locked, and only one favor consumed per draw.
[/quote]
What use are you referring to?[/quote]
Um, someone told me about one that provided that in the soul trade. Unfortunately, as I am not a fate-player myself, and no one else stood up and said &quotthat’s wrong&quot, i took it on faith. That said, i just realized i may have miscalculated on the crime or punishment.

Is 20 echoes the reward for any level from 5-7, or does it scale in some way? If it’s a constant, 20 echo payout, it’s about 4 - [0.2 action’s epa] per favor if you use the card at exactly 5- which is better if you’ve hit 1 epa or higher.

The only Soul Trade criminal tie in I can think of is if you’re a spirifer. There’s a storylet in Ladybones Road that allows you to trade in 1,000 Souls for 3,000 Nevercold Brass Slivers and a couple Appalling Secrets (plus Hell connected). An Implausible Penance links to a card to trade 1 Favour in for 160 Souls.

Doing the math…playing that 25 times would get you to 4,000 souls, which trades in for 121.10 echoes for your 54 actions, or 2.24 epa if you ignore the Hell connection gain.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 7/31/2016