The Inflammatory Salon

It’s wearing someone’s face, just in case you forgot. Someone’s face.

Hopefully you properly buried that ‘someone’. If a fellow comes seeking their face it can be quite difficult to turn them away. Even if they let you keep the face it’s just not proper to have faceless Londoners skulking at your door.

&quotArguably, that’s somewhat more polite than appearing in public with its own bare face.&quot

&quotArguably, that’s somewhat more polite than appearing in public with its own bare face.&quot[/quote]

Not pretty, what’s under the masks. The eyes look very human, but the rest is quite horrific.

[quote=Bertrand Leonidas Poole]

Not pretty, what’s under the masks. The eyes look very human, but the rest is quite horrific.[/quote]

Flesh-Stick: don’t talk about my naturalist that way, bert

[quote=Kukapetal][quote=Bertrand Leonidas Poole]

Not pretty, what’s under the masks. The eyes look very human, but the rest is quite horrific.[/quote]

Flesh-Stick: don’t talk about my naturalist that way, bert[/quote]
I concur with Flesh-stick here. My wife’s beauty isn’t much appreciated by others but is still there.
Edited for clarity
edited by Shadowcthuhlu on 4/4/2016

[quote=Shadowcthuhlu][quote=Kukapetal][quote=Bertrand Leonidas Poole]

Flesh-Stick: don’t talk about my naturalist that way, bert[/quote]
I concur with Flesh-stick here. My wife beauty is much appreciated but is still there.[/quote]

The mouth parts somewhat resembling fleshy chelicerae does give a somewhat endearing jumping spider look to them combined with the often lovely eyes. But one must admit it takes much getting used to.

Frankly, living in London is schooling in learning to appreciate beauty in unexpected places. Like drownie songs and rubbery chants.

Flesh-Stick: and naturalists wearing too big ties. and other people’s mustaches. that don’t match their hair giggles

i miss him so much. you guys got any everclear?
edited by Kukapetal on 4/4/2016

Would alcohol help? Sometimes I wonder whether the reason why the Chruch has such impressive collections of alcohol is to drown the memories of the most nightmare-haunting confessions they hear.

&quotEveryone is so considerate here. I regret what I said about Snuffer faces, it was mean-spirited.&quot

Flesh-Stick: 's okay. i think it helps if you’re in love with the snuffer already before you find out what they look like

thanks for the booze, bert. just pour it into this funnel i stuck in my mouth. i’ve had a rough week.

On an impromptu note, who here might like to eventually have children of their own with a sweetheart or spouse?
Miss L, for example, might one day be the proud parent of the first human native speaker of infernal tongues. I am sure the nice infernal residents of the could potentially be good child-watchers. Of course, you would probably end up with a youth who may not fully be aquainted with human cultural morality. But such a little scamp could be a useful living diplomatic tool.

[quote=Bertrand Leonidas Poole]On an impromptu note, who here might like to eventually have children of their own with a sweetheart or spouse?
Miss L, for example, might one day be the proud parent of the first human native speaker of infernal tongues. I am sure the nice infernal residents of the could potentially be good child-watchers. Of course, you would probably end up with a youth who may not fully be aquainted with human cultural morality. But such a little scamp could be a useful living diplomatic tool.[/quote]

&quotOh, heavens, no. No.&quot

Are you referring to the idea of having children?

&quotI would rather be a godparent.&quot

And what of Mr. Erinyes and company?

[quote=Bertrand Leonidas Poole]On an impromptu note, who here might like to eventually have children of their own with a sweetheart or spouse?
Miss L, for example, might one day be the proud parent of the first human native speaker of infernal tongues. I am sure the nice infernal residents of the could potentially be good child-watchers. Of course, you would probably end up with a youth who may not fully be aquainted with human cultural morality. But such a little scamp could be a useful living diplomatic tool.[/quote]

Hark: &quotThe concept of children is pleasant but I’d personally fear for any child I might have with my husband. It is not healthy for a baby to be raised around so many cats. Imagine the awful language and disquieting milk-drinking habits they could pick up, to say nothing of the secrets they could learn.&quot

Hebediah: &quotAlready have one. Jolly decent sort, but I’d rather not have more. The lass is a handful enough.&quot
edited by Hark DeGaul on 4/4/2016

I am tempted to gave children only to see what they would like, but I admit that it would be inconsiderate of me to have a child solely for that. And there is the fact that having children involves flirting and fluids exchange, two of the dullest things in life.

I suppose one could always adopt a promising urchin, but that’s rather like buying a wolf instead of a puppy. From my experience urchins tend to be more akin to tiny devils than actual human children, which is ironic considering they are (for the most part) actual human children.
edited by Hark DeGaul on 4/4/2016