The Hellworm Club

I’ve all three, as well.

2 Likes

I don’t have a Heptagoat, but what I do have is five Übergoats and six Overgoats, so that project is just waiting on me to draw a bunch of cards in London (which I do less of since I have a Worm)

As the good Christ himself said: It is done. After years of patience, dedicated and sheer bloodymindedness culminating in the desperate sale of my Misplaced Ring to EXACTLY meet the price I have finally. FINALLY. Gotten that damned saddle. So ends my difficult relationship with the many grinds of Fallen London.

…well, at least until I miss my ring enough to grind it back anyway.

I also sold my ring to clinch the deal for my worm. I had just sold a skeleton for 80k scrip, committed to 2.6 years of exhaustion, and was totally over the whole “patience” thing.

Bought it back a few months later.

Congratulations and have fun on the trail! Fun fact: everything is a trail if no one can catch you.

1 Like

I have all three of them too. Also the boots and the cheese oder.

3 Likes

The boots! You’re only the fourth to acquire them! Did they happen today, or a little while ago?

Aaaaah, so long since I saw a post like this from you! Congratulations!!

Ah, thank you for asking, and sorry for making a slightly confusional statement.

I did, in fact, not mean to imply Heinzdieter was already around at last Whitsun. To be honest, I am not so sure about the exact date of our first amicable encounter. Just guessing from that I am at > 10.000 Scrip again (fab diamonds not included), I’d suggest taking the end of july or the begining of august (this year) as the date at the registrar’s office.

Does that meet with your approval?

Thank you for the clarification! Estimated dates are no trouble, if we need definite history then we’ll commission Hell to smelt us one.

2 Likes

And as of today I have Cider, Hellworm, and Heptagoat. About 5k scrip away from the saddle, too

2 Likes

And just moments ago, the Wormcoil Engine was finally installed
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James/28246328

4 Likes

I wrote a new guide, which I think may be of interest for people following this thread: The Nice and Profitable Grindings of mp, georg - Google Docs

2 Likes

Wasn’t the older guide 1.0.3? :smiley:

EDIT: Took a look over it and it’s quite impressive, great work! Is there actually a No-fin?

The versioning resets with each guide - I treat them as new entries in a series :slight_smile:

It is not real, and most certainly not a serious entry :upside_down_face:

You could bump a major version, which would make this the 4.x.x series. More justification for calling it “Episode IV,” too.

It also makes sense with semantic versioning; the last Forelimb update broke compatibility with 3.x, so modern grinding requires ^4.0.0

I prefer to see each incarnation of the guide as its own entity, like a new game or book in a series (i.e. there are some reused assets, but ultimately it’s a new thing)

Finally my good friend Ladon is properly accessorized.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Savato

2 Likes

Countess Karnstein has acquired a Hellworm which shall be called Gemütlichkeit when she is next in London (Because it is warm, friendly and fond. And destructive but that’s not…okay maybe it is it’s fault)
Countess Caroline Karnstein of Styria

4 Likes

Congratulations!

On a side note, out of curiosity what is everybody doing in FL after gaining their Hellworms and/or saddles? After the desperation of seizing a saddle has worn off and some investigations headed off in my lab I’m feeling strangely unmoored without a constant grind to keep track of. Not enough to try for a Heptagoat after the cider business, though…probably.

Just kind of bouncing from thing to thing right now, will probably fetch some Corresponding Sounders today for the Rat Mart craze. Making a few stops at the Principles of Coral to win back the ring I sold to JUST match the saddle’s price tag too. But my long-term plans aren’t further afoot than “stockpile a bunch of echoes, in case I ever change my mind about the Heptagoat thing”

I’m not in that space at the moment (just over halfway to a saddle), but I really enjoy the sense of freedom, of wandering around and doing things for interest, rather than profit. It’s a bit like the time after you finish your school/university exams and realise there is nothing that you have to do. I love it… though not forever. Another grind will call to me after a few weeks. Vanity qualities, most likely.

3 Likes