The Hellworm Club

My steed has now been officially Saddled.

Finally, Mr J has reunited with the Worm Ouroboros. Who needs a train when you got a Hellworm?

I post this echo as proof.

Proud to join the club.

Savato has finally managed to join this illustrious club in the company of Ladon, Hesperidean Guardian.
edited by Parvorus on 4/5/2022

Zolana has recently (today - 17/4) been able to acquire his worm, Aristophanes - on my mantelpiece (link in signature).

Time to get a saddle now!

Harjavaldar acquired his worm, whom shall henceforth be known as &quotGehenna&quot (since others stole my Norse mythology names), on April 24th.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Harjavaldar

Saddle to come…

Felicitations all, and welcome to our salubrious peerhood!

Harjavaldar: Did you already post about this on Reddit, or is there another worm-bearer I am still questing to contact?

Excellent news, everyone! There is special Whitsun content, exclusive to the members of this private and bespired club.

Of course, attaining membership is a long and difficult journey, and being here means you possess a superhuman reserve a patience. Which is fortunate, since this new content requires, believe it or not, even more patience than what it took to get here in the first place.

I shall see you all in a year, when our cheeses hatch.

My Sausage has evolved into a beautiful Hot Dog!
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/mp/26646774

You can add AncientDrunkard to the worm-owners list.

Had this bad boy for a while now, and have just recently squeezed out a second helping of precious worm milk, so looking forward to double-cheese next Whitsun!

…and it seems no name is against the rules, so I’ll keep going with the drunken theme: Vermisebrius
edited by yetanotherone on 5/14/2022

mp: Do you want Sausage’s name to be udpated?

Drunkard: Any idea how long Vermisebrius has been at your side? I don’t seen entries in your Journal that are definitive. Rough estimates are OK, e.g. knowing if we’re talking weeks vs months, or before/after Feast of the Rose.

[quote=PSGarak]mp: Do you want Sausage’s name to be udpated?[/quote] Hmm, so it’s a Batman and Bruce Wayne sort of thing: Sausage is still Sausage, but it’s also Hot Dog when it’s wearing the Saddle. Could it perhaps be something like &quotSausage (Hot Dog when saddled)&quot?

btw. I believe jess also got a Saddle, on the 25th of April (going by a Discord message)

[quote=PSGarak]mp:
Drunkard: Any idea how long Vermisebrius has been at your side? I don’t seen entries in your Journal that are definitive. Rough estimates are OK, e.g. knowing if we’re talking weeks vs months, or before/after Feast of the Rose.[/quote]

Probably late January/early February of 18/19 whatever…you know how it is with the treachery of clocks and all.

On this day, I have gained the great worm Ghlaghghee, AKA Fluffy, as my new companion! Huzzah!

Fallen London has now acquired (a couple days ago, actually) a majestic Hellworm, The Devourer of Hollows!

I had to sell almost all of my upper-river assets, along with 137 Infernal Rifles purchased from the Bazaar, but the temptation of mystery cheese was too much. I am now milking my worm as often as possible!

…That sounds wrong.
edited by Alexander Feld on 5/20/2022

The Hellworm club is now up to 40 members! (You’re missing Tyrconnell on the list, PSGarak; I believe I saw it on Discord).

Of those 40, nearly exactly a third of them are Saddled, and there is still just the one Boot-owner. Boot Polish is on the horizon though (Alan is at ~170k Scrip), so hopefully we’ll soon see if there’s anything else to come. Also still looking forward to someone getting &quotIn the Company of a Hellworm 2&quot to see if there’s anything down that route.

~~
edited by idyl on 5/20/2022

Tyrconnel hasn’t gotten back to me about a name yet, and I haven’t been pushy about asking while the Festival is still going.

Very excited about the Polish. I would be disappointed if there are less than seven layers to this. Although we could count the milk & cheese.

I would eventually like to annotate cheesebearers, and cheesebearers-in-expectation. I could simply assume that players before a cut-off probably have cheese, but I know at least one person on Reddit mentioned they have multiple Bloods but no Milk.

Racoonajr, Alexander Feld, I hope you’re spending the whole weekend in the Upper River munching tins of mushroom crackers and trying to draw Milk. The Apicius Club is still around for 2 days and change.

[i]“There were wyrms when I was young. Faster than the wind; mightier than any mountain; a loyal companion, to the ends of the world. They might be called monsters, a force of nature, unbridled and untamed as the earth and the storm. But that was not so. This is my envy and this is my pride. This is folly’s monument, to the end of time.”

[/i]—The Icarian Traveller, “The Follies of London-that-Was” (circa 2022)

(Evidence)

And there we go. First to be in the company of two Hellworms, one saddled and bridled. Today, Envy is joined by their twin, Pride, now inseparable after being lost for so long. Together, they are in balance: the wild and the tamed, the traveller and the wanderer, the earthquake and the aftershock.

And all this, for zero mechanical effect, as anticipated.

Spending two hundred thousand Hinterland Scrip on an achievement with no mechanical impact? It’s like you invented your very own version of Boot Polish!

Do we think we’ll be able to get the cheese, or will there be an impounding fee of, say, 200,000 scrip before we can get it out?
I write this as one of the unfortunates who has milked 2 bloods and 4 (yes, four) saps of the cedar at the crossroads, but no milk ever. So I’ll be a year behind, whatever happens.

Posts in the next few days will not be archived for posterity, so people who wish to be added to the list may want to wait until the new forum software is live before identifying themselves.

(And I anticipate two cheeses when De Gustibus comes again)