The Hellworm Club

Tuesday, 22/2/22. It’s been exactly seven weeks since I first got Envy, and now they’re saddled.

Today, on 02/23/2022, Den Blackwell joins the ranks of fellow worm owners with my own infernal creature, her name being Níðhöggr.

I am still in the middle of converting my Warm Amber and Echoes into Scrip; by next month or so, a Saddle will be on the horizon.

Wow, I didn’t know that Nidhogg was based on an actual mythological worm.

Since it seems you have multiple characters, how would you prefer your name be listed in the roll call? The Curious Watcher, Den Blackwell, some parenthesized combination thereof?

If possible, just let me be known as “Den Blackwell”, I changed the name after I became a Mr Cards but that is my original name. Sorry for not making it more clear.

“Ladies and rubbery men: The monster, which the Gondoliers of Jericho call Frunobulax, (apparently a very large furry worm), has just been seen approaching Station VIII. Bullets can’t stop it! Hillmovers can’t stop it! We may have to use Unlawful Devices!” (with apologies to the late, great Frank Zappa)

Which is to say, Matilda Ydmos has acquired her very own hellworm, Peaches Frunobulax. I actually got Peaches a couple of weeks ago, but I didn’t know the Hellworm Club existed until now.

Fortunately you commemorated the occasion in your journal with the recognition that Peaches deserves, so the historical record can be dated with precision. Welcome into our reinforced and sidereal collection!

On an unrelated note, I’ve starting making graphs of the magnitude of our membership, included in the main post. These are purely for entertainment purposes, and may not be updated with every new member, although I’ll keep it from getting too far out of date.

Asking here too: how close is anyone to getting the riding boots? :)

Just wondering who out of the 30 or so members here would also be eligible for the 3H (or Triple H) Club? (Hellworm, Heptagoat, Hesperidean Cider). There are a few I know of, but I’m sure there are more in this group.

edited by idyl on 3/6/2022

Funny names, good job!
edited by Waterpls on 3/7/2022

Got the scips earlier this week, but didn’t hop over to the hinterlands until now:

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20Great%20Pigmeat

I don’t think I can name him until I get back to London, after much debate I’ve decided &quotHuman Centipede&quot has a distinct lack of charm, so I will go with Jörmungandr instead.
edited by Great Pigmeat on 3/9/2022

Did you mean to paste a different link?

Also my spies tell me that we have a Be-booted individual today!

I got the boots and got even more scammed.

I hate everything about this lol

Truth be told, the boots are actually better than I was expecting.

The polish though, that’s just shameless. It doesn’t even look like you can equip it? They’re straight-up mocking us, and it’s hilarious.

Good day, ive never posted here but my Worm Alan has been saddled today
Now we shall keep the hinterlands unsafe together
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Djane%20the%20Insane/26047895
edited by DjanetheInsane on 3/9/2022

Quite a busy day in the upper river. Lots of playtime for the members of our haughty and inveterate squadron, and lots of staying indoors and complaining about the ruckus for the hapless denizens.

[quote=PSGarak]Did you mean to paste a different link?

Also my spies tell me that we have a Be-booted individual today![/quote]

Yes, that’s meant to be a link to my profile, oops. Fixed.

Boot…polish? BOOT POLISH?! Will this never end?

Den Blackwell has gained the Saddle. Níðhöggr is my steed…now and forevermore.

That was quite a quick turn-around between the Worm and the Saddle, congratulations! checks journal Ah yes well, I suppose the boots won’t be arriving the same way, at least not anytime soon.

One wonders why the Entrepreneur doesn’t have a Worm of his own at this point. Although if there’s anything that’s almost as magnificent and awe-inspiring as a Hellworm, whatever it might be, it sure sounds like you found a completely realistic fossil of one.

This is being an odd month. Over half of our current membership joined in January or February of this year; but in March we’ve seen more upgrades than new members. I’ve updated grafs to a format which I find more pleasing; Alan’s boots stand out in the lower-right.

People are running out of steam. I certainly do. Gonna get boots this summer, but polish is unlikely in this year.

Fallen London Mr Cups has finally obtained a Hellworm, which they will be naming Ichorus.
edited by IGU on 3/21/2022