The 'good evening' thread: introduce yourself here

Good Evening, neathy people!

After playing for a while, it may be time to say hello to the forums and the players! I started when Sinning Jenny was mayor in London, so that might be some time ago. Apart from drinking cider or hunting parabears, I mostly enjoy ruining experiments with semi-skilled students!

Good evening everyone. I’m pretty much new to the forum and I know more or less nothing about every single forum. I hope I’ll understand one day. Meanwhile, I’m in need of some help with my lab. Yesterday I dismissed the Numismatrix from my lab but, at the same time, I started to train the shifty student. It was a really bad combination because I need “Incisive Observation” to upgrade the student but the only way I know of getting them is by using the Numismatrix card. If anyone else knows a good way to get those could you please tell me? Otherwise, is there anyone else who can give some of their First City coins, please. I already have 31 so one time should suffice. Again, I know I’m asking something big but I need help to progress. Thanks in advance to anyone who’ll help.

I wish a heartfelt good morning for all of you!
Here is a new citizen of the Neath who just spent a LOT of time fishing near Mutton Island and recently came back to the City trying to collect her bearings.
I am always ready to explore and discover the mysteries of the Neath and to know new people. I am eager to help with anything if I can.

Good Evening everyone. I am here to learn more about the neath and it’s many unique items.

Good afternoon, delicious friends. I am GeminiParadox, a new resident to the Neath. I enjoy business of a shadier nature, cheerful men, and consorting with devils (and devilesses). My raven is named Odin. I am hungry and have strange dreams. It is good to meet you! I hope to stay a while.
edited by GeminiParadox on 11/10/2020

I lift up my bandaged hands to sign. [Greetings. The citizens of the Neath call me the Dreadful Intriguer. I am a gentleman who enjoys a fine life of thievery all while fooling the scornful gaze of high society. As you can see, I am very much bandaged up. However, don’t mistake me for a Tomb-Colonist. I just happen to have some secrets, as all Londoners do.]

((Hello! Nice to be here! I actually had an account for Fallen London many years ago but I forgot all my account info… so I started fresh! I’m pretty close to becoming a POSI, which is exciting! Also, I’ve fallen for the Once-Dashing Smuggler. Send help for my poor heart.

My character uses sign language for Reasons. I’m not sure if anyone in the Neath would actually understand him but I say that some do because Why Not.))

((EDIT: I’ve very recently become a POSI, after posting this. Hooray!))
edited by The Dreadful Intriguer on 11/14/2020

Good Evening, everyone! I’m a very new player, but I’m excited to see what I can learn here!

Good evening!
I’m Ammonoids, but friends, foes and others can call me Am, or Miss Galena if you’re feeling formal…

I enjoy scientific exploration, literature, painting, and poking my nose into things I really shouldn’t. I’m a law abiding citizen until the law isn’t watching. Knowledge above all.

I hope to be in and out, although we shall see.

All social interactions welcomed.

Hmm… I’m not sure I posted here when I returned…

My last character was known some time ago as Aximillio, but that character ended up on the other side of mirrors in a permanent manner. One might say he was eaten by the Finger Kings.

As a final act, Aximillio released Kiptoo from the glass prisons, a somewhat imperfect replica of himself, as a fulfilment of his destiny. Kiptoo’s mission in Fallen London is to bring back Aximillio, or at least something or someone from behind the mirrors, just to show that he’s not in the power of the Finger Kings any more.

As a side quest, Kiptoo has devoted himself to slaying the Vake, because it’s dangerous, frightening, and because the Vake is a great punching bag for relieving frustration when travelling to the other side of mirrors is too hard.

Kiptoo is positive to all social activities that do not involve affluent photographers or duping. He has just recently reached A Person of Some Importance status, and is excited for all the opportunities associated with this.

tldr: All social interactions welcome, except hunting for the affluent photographer and dupes.
edited by Kiptoo on 12/31/2020

Greetings!

I’m Marc, a guy from Barcelona struggling with Fallen London. Absorved by its world and narrative, and punished hard by its… world and narrative. I come from Sunless Skies, and I’m afraid I’ll not escape from Fallen London easily. I’m absolutely overwhelmed by the dark and mysterious mechanics of the game, and I don’t really know what to do. But I’m happy to be so lost, and I will miss those days of mindblowingness. My potato english level forces me to use the translator for 1 of every 20 words in the game. But I hope that this helps my english knowledge!

Happy to be aboard!
edited by ciriliox on 2/16/2021

Good evening delicious friends,
I’m a newcomer to Fallen London, washed out by the dark seas of sunless despairs. Lured in by the smell of intoxicating lores and grim stories and the warbling of mischiefs and defiling riches.
I hope to see you around :)

Good evening! I am Christophant,Sweaty Christophant. Private detective whose latest case brought here. If you need to find runaway daughter, deceptive partner or someone to make work witch no one else wants to do, take contact. I’m cheap and I do not ask unpleasant questions.
And yes, I am new arrival.

Hi, delicious friends!

I am an entomologist with an interest in surreal art. I accidentally discovered FL/Sunless via the wikis several years ago, and have been increasingly interested in it during the past handful of months. I’m very terrified of social interaction, unfortunately, so I don’t expect to be very active on the forums.

Good afternoon, my name is Ella. I am a very strange person (or so I’ve been told). I fancy Death and bees, literature and writing, all sorts of odd things I adore. I hope to make some friends here. Very glad to have stumbled across the dim streets of fallen London. Er, I’d love to chat more but I simply must get back to my secrets. Good day!

Good day,

I am a returning player after taking a hiatus of a few years, though I never got super into the game. However, I am now hooked back into it and working my way to A Person of Some Importance. Open to any social interactions. My character, William Chapman Jones, is an auspicious and stoic intellectual, quietly collecting secrets and information in an attempt to accumulate knowledge and well-known writer.

Good evening delicious friends! I am also a returning player of a few years… been figuring out where am at… send me some calling cards if you want as I am still low on influence. Am a Midnighter if it helps. Cheers!

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Valarhiel
edited by Valarhiel on 6/3/2021

Hello, everyone. I’ve been playing for a while now, and I’m finally getting on these forums. I’m a Silverer, currently working my way through the end of the Railway content, and enjoying learning all the secrets and knowledge of the Neath that I can find.

Good evening Delicious Gentlebeings one and all. I’ve been playing for about a month and am very hooked.

Dr Alethea Blueleg is a dauntless bluestocking, pursuing the Vake for science. She affects gentlemen’s attire, in part for practicality and in part to attract the kind of ladies who are attracted by that kind of thing. (Maybe Miranda…) She is interested in academic pursuits of all kinds, and in hunting beasts - naturally for reasons of study, or as museum specimens, but she’s not averse to a good fight. Bagging the big game, you know, although currently she is making a living as a lowly ratcatcher. She’s recently been forced into society and the great game, as one must make such connections to obtain a university laboratory or a ship. The Empress seems to have mysteriously taken her for some kind of artist. How peculiar

Miranda Podoserpula is a lesser light (not an exceptional friend), a would-be light-fingered Bohemian jewel-thief, currently a pickpocket . She is oddly fascinated by Dr Blueleg (so dapper%21), but far from exclusive. She likes pretty clothes, pretty jewels, pretty art, pretty words, pretty people of any gender or peculiarity, and is quite determined to get to court. Because if you want to steal jewels, you have to get to where the jewels are

Both are open to friendships, though Dr Blueleg is more likely to reciprocate.

And yes, I am planning on marrying myself, which is why I created Miranda. I’m a wee bit wary of internet social interactions that go beyond the casual.
edited by Bluestocking on 6/17/2021

Good Evening Delicious Friends!

I’ve been playing for about a year now on two alts, though one of them - Kitara - I had started and abandoned much earlier. I think this is one of the few games I’ve played which genuinely encouraged role-playing, not just in the sense of getting you to make moves based on what you think your character would do, but in terms of challenging your initial ideas about the character based on subsequent events.

When I started my second account I had the idea that they would be the &quotbad&quot alt - a snobbish imperialist and thief, compared to my serious Vake hunting revolutionary main. Two ambitions later and I find the sentimental Mercy a more sympathetic figure, while Kitara is an untrustworthy nihilist. Yet it all felt very organic.

Good afternoon (it is afternoon where I am located at the moment) dear Londoners!

My name is Rakel, I am an intellectual historian (intellectual history is the study of science in history) who has been playing FL and SS (both of them) for quite a few years now. I enjoy lore and roleplaying as well as real-world equivalents and references in fiction. If you want to discuss something just hit me up.

Lady Krakel of the Fifth Decent is a businesswoman, turned noble, turned scientist and professor, turned revolutionary/player of the Great Game. She descended to London with her family fleeing anti-semitism and political rivals and started engaging in the amber-trade. When her parents disappeared she took over the family business. Her immense wealth made her a friend of the upper crust, and she later got into the secret order of the Fifth Decent. There she started to learn the deeper secrets of the Bazaar, Masters, and Neath which she perused at Benthic College first studying the REDACTED and later Crytotheology. This deeper understanding of the going-ons in Fallen London brought her to, let’s say, people less respectable than her merchant or noble friends.

Lady Krakel likes to take on students of the Language of the Heavens, sending them research in form of Flame-proof Missives. She also likes to discuss the general politics of the Neath over a cup at Beatrices.

I hope we meet soon, perhaps at a dimly lit back street somewhere?