The Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

I admit, I’m deeply torn. I’m relatively new to the game (started last October and I’m now quite sure I didn’t gear nearly as much out of the Masks event as I could have!) so this is my first Feast of the Exceptional Rose. I know that Sardonyx wants to marry my RL husband’s character but I worry that doing so at the beginning of the Feast will block me out of content. I haven’t decided what my alt is going to get up to. She’s not the &quotseduce everyone she can get her hands on&quot sort (unlike Sardonyx, who is and has) and thus far she hasn’t shown any romantic interest at all.

I must say, the anticipation is terribly exciting :)

I suspect Sardonyx will wait towards the end of the festival to get married and thus experience both pre- and post- marriage content. Proverbial? Well, she’ll do as she likes. She always does.
[li]

I suppose it would be nice to have a spouse in FL but I sacrificed 2 to seeking already, none of the other available ones appeal and I don’t think I am close enough to any other player to want to marry them but if some of the companions from last years feast become available I might reconsider. So at the moment I just plan on a lot of dancing and seeing what gifts I can send or receive.

You know, silly me, I just realized my plan to propose to Mr Eaten probably means I have to ditch my Rubbery Companion.

Now I’m torn! I’ve been hanging on to it, and the whole Fate-locked thing, out of sheer stubbornness; it was a choice I regretted, but I keep hoping it will develop it something more my taste. And Mr Eaten will never respond. But maybe now’s the time to give up the ghost and, err, chase a different ghost . . . ?

[quote=an_ocelot]You know, silly me, I just realized my plan to propose to Mr Eaten probably means I have to ditch my Rubbery Companion.

Now I’m torn! I’ve been hanging on to it, and the whole Fate-locked thing, out of sheer stubbornness; it was a choice I regretted, but I keep hoping it will develop it something more my taste. And Mr Eaten will never respond. But maybe now’s the time to give up the ghost and, err, chase a different ghost . . . ?[/quote]
In the words of the immortal Seeking Mr. Eaten’s Name quality: &quotWhy? In God’s name, why? What can you possibly hope to gain? Stop now. Before it’s too late.&quot

EDIT 2: We made two jokes by accident. Fixed. [li]
edited by Snowskeeper on 2/12/2014[/li][li]
edited by Snowskeeper on 2/12/2014

You know what they say about Mr Eaten - a Master in the streets, but Eaten in the oh god what am I even saying.

. . . I am going to pretend I didn’t see that.

La la la la laaaaaa.

Nightmares increasing to 77. Thanks a lot, Tanah-Chook.

Scandal has increased to 77 - (I wish that post was) Unthinkable!

On an unrelated note, I’m super-hyped for the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

Last year’s Feast was my first official Fallen London Event Extravaganza and single-handedly solidified my obsession with this particular batch of internet werds. Plus, the Quiet Deviless and Presbyterate Diplomat are pretty wizard.
edited by OPG on 2/12/2014

I’m looking forward to it. This is my first Feast of the Rose and I’m curious as to what’s in store.

[li]
Lots and lots and lots of scandal.

[li]
Lots and lots and lots of scandal.[/quote][/li][li]The tomb colonies will certainly be overflowing come the Feast of the Rose! Still this is my first Feast myself and I have to say, I cannot wait to see what will happen!

[/li][li]

exactly what time does the feast start? 6AM at GMT:+0 ???

Probably around 9-10AM GMT+0, possibly a little later.

I was going to give that a thumbs-up, but then I noticed there were seven thumbs-up already.[li]

thanks. that’s somewhat convenient for me. it’ll be late afternoon in my timezone. though i have handle some chores in that time period too.

The Feast is here! Strongly considering sending a Well-Song. It sounds so delightfully… empty. But the Tanned Mask, it calls to me.

If I was rich I would send everyone Well-Songs. Instead I will have to manage with tongues and cards.

Any way to know in advance what the options do? I am specially intrigued by the Perfumed Pleasure Garden.

Some of them are the same as last year but using the option to travel to the Perfumed Pleasure Garden and get 2 carnival tickets now costs MW. Just got to the carnival instead. There is also a new card that has options depending on your airs of London.