The Feast of the Exceptional Rose 2023!

I will mention that some people receive email notifications when they get social actions in Fallen London, and even without notifications some people will consider it rude to suddenly have all these cancelled gifts in their inbox. So if you plan to send and immediately cancel, perhaps direct your gifts to Fallen London

4 Likes

I just send and cancel gifts between my main and alt (and vice-versa).

2 Likes

Didnā€™t know that our most dreadful chandler had an unique account, nice.

Iā€™m happy to send the ushtabi for one in return!

Hi, thank you for the offer, but Iā€™ve received the full complement of Ushabtis.

1 Like

Greetings distinctive delicious friends. Iā€™m looking for someone who can send me four Ushabtiā€™s (reciprocated obviously) and rather more risquĆ©, a full 50 Fate set of Martyrs Bones or a Well Song (also very obviously reciprocated). Never traded fate items before, so not sure what the protocol is, Iā€™ll do everything within my power to prove Iā€™ll send you a set in return. Thanks in advance, my fellow survivors of the Fall.

My account name is the same as my forum one, just without the underscores.

Donā€™t have the Fate, but Iā€™ll send over the Ushabti.

You, my friend, are a true gentleperson, my greatest of thanks.

Iā€™ve slipped you something back in thanks. Doffā€™s hat with incredibly crass, silver skull handle cane Once again, much obliged.

Good Day Delicious Friends, Iā€™m looking to exchange gifts this feast. Iā€™m opening to exchanging any gifts, including Fate-based gifts, though for gifts at the 20+ level please inquire first so that I can confirm Iā€™m still exchanging them. I can be found under the sobriquet of Adimarch in our fine city.

Hallo folks! Looking to receive and send some gifts. Iā€™ve got a couple Ushabti I can gift. My username is miershyk, same as the Forum one here. Cheers!

Greetings Esteemed Londoners, if by chance any of you would like to exchange a few non-fate Masquing gifts then by all means leave a calling card at my ā€œestateā€. The username is safe cat

Is anyone aware of a list of the companions that can be gained at the Feast of the Rose (FotR) that also lists their usefulness for NON-FATE players? My main is fairly high in ā€œlevelā€ with 230 base in all main attributes, ~300 in all modified main attributes, all railway stations completed, and a lot of companions already. None of the stat boosts provided by the FotR companions are of any use. The only benefits would be useful storyline possibilities opened by having a certain companion.

My alt is a POSI, has all main attributes at 200, and has decent numbers of companions and gear. Again, none of the stat boosts provided by the FotR companions are of any use to him.

Any recommendations for companions who can later be upgraded to really good stats or which open good storyline options would be appreciated. Thanks for any help you can provide.

The page on the Wiki which lists Feast companions and their uses is pretty complete, and notes where such uses are in Fate content. But I suppose you might want a list of highlights rather than something exhaustive.

None of the Feast companions unlock content which is essential or very large, because of their exclusivity. If any of them can be upgraded for stats this upcoming Hallowmas, which donā€™t yet know which ones and wonā€™t know until that Festival launches in October. So it would be wise to acquire the new Fate-free companions (Ivy and Verity).

I would say the most important Feast companion is the Canny Castermonger, because she unlocks an economically-useful option in Station VII. Schlomo, the Paleontologist, and the Genre Painter all unlock options which are repeatable and at least a little bit useful. The Impenitent Devilā€™s action in Parabola is repeatable, not economically useful, but I would say the lore bit is interesting.

Most of the other actions are one-time-only, and if youā€™ve already completed the Railway then youā€™ve passed them. E.g. Sister Lydia, thatā€™s a good deal of text but is only available when building the Burrow Church. If youā€™ve already done that, then you got someone elseā€™s text isntead.

3 Likes

Since Iā€™m a non-Fate player, I can only get three companions: Genre Painter, Verity, the Collector, and Ivy. Each costs 20 Masquing, for a total of 60 Masquing. Yay!

The Fate companions look interesting: especially Ferret and the Abbot Commander. The Intrepid Deacon is useful at the Railwayā€™s Marigold Station, other companions might also have special uses somewhere.

PSA: Keep grinding at the Wheel of Affection, you will fail every now and then and get a Gift of Scorn, you can turn in 5 Gifts of Scorn to get to 5 Masquing, then top up the remainder with other gifts. Consider it as a ā€˜subsidyā€™.

2 Likes

PSA: You can use your weekly free Favourable Circumstances to force-draw the Lady in Lilac.

3 Likes

Greetings, Lononers. I am looking for someone to exchange any non-Fate gifts too. I am open for any gifts in return, so long as they donā€™t involve any Fate. If you hear someone by surename CrimsonBrit, that is I.

Id also be up to exchange non-fate gifts with anyone, i should send an equivalent gift back the same day as long as its not a fate one, username is Brogan Grimholme

Anyone get Ferret? Was debating over whether or not to, but ultimately Iā€™m pretty happy with my deviless and Ivy.

I did, but Iā€™m still not sure why. :)