The Feast of the Exceptional Rose 2023!

Hi BonnyKate. belerphon2 here
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/bellerophon2

I would like to exchange a Custom Engraved Skull for the same thing in return. I have the 200 inklings of identity necessary to purchase one Custom Engraved Skull now.

Is this acceptable?

I find these terms to be acceptable, though I would also accept a Decanter of Lachrymose Chartreuse or a Lemurian’s Mask.

I have a question: does any of the gifts have a use besides being traded for masquing or being equipped (e.g.: being a requirement for a non-Exceptional-Rose storylet/opportunity card)?

Hi AmunJazz.
I think the answer to your question is a qualified ‘Yes’.

I think most of these gifts are used just for masquing, but there are a few exceptions.

A Custom Engraved Skulls can be used to construct a skeleton in the bone market and it adds substantial value to the skeleton.

And antedeluvian ushabti can be used to generate parabolan research.

A Metaphysically Educated Rattus Faber can be equipped, but it can also be upgraded at Hallowmass.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
belerephon2

2 Likes

The Pink-Painted Cat can also be used to teach the kitten at the Dome of Scales.

1 Like

Hi, I don’t have any active contacts to send gifts to and I would really like to take part in the Feast, my user name is Lorenzo Reboa

The first post in this thread contains the following:

"The Revolutionary Firebrand and the Secular Missionary have one last request. If you are married to either of the pair, these small stories will allow you to upgrade your spouse and make them more powerful.

If you have completed the Cave of the Nadir storyline by spurning both the Missionary and the Firebrand, it is now possible to reacquaint yourself with one of the pair in ‘The Missionary and the Firebrand: A Memory of Regret’, in your Social Engagements."

I did indeed spurn both of them previously and I just reacquainted myself with the Missionary. Is it possible to upgrade and marry the missionary now that I have reacquainted myself with her? If so, how do I do this? If not, what is the usefulness of reacquainting myself with her? Thanks for any help you can provide on this.

G’day,

Vinish

I had received a message from you but I can’t add you as a contact

Hi JonBonBongi,
The way I added you and sent a gift was

1. navigate to ’ Celebrate the Feast of the Exceptional Rose!’
  2. select ‘Send an Antediluvian Ushabti’
  3. this loads a message dialog box. Then I typed in your username in the upper right textbox and selected ‘Add’
  4. typed out a message to go with my gift and then selected ‘Choose’.

Please try that. If that doesn’t work, I don’t know what’s going on. In that case, please politely decline my gift.

Regards,
belerephon2

Starting Thursday the 9th you’ll begin drawing the Encounter at the Feast Card, and if you have a Secular Missionary companion you can pay 100 Masquing to upgrade her to the Secular Missionary, Renewed. Once you have her, you can marry her whenever you like for the +2 Respectable Spouse (The Secular Missionary, Happy). If you have that spouse, a small story appears in your lodgings that starts a short storyline to upgrade her so she has an advanced stat as well (The Secular Missionary, Ascendant).

1 Like

Well, darn. I am not a Fate player so I will never have 100 masquing. Guess I wasted my time reacquainting myself. Thanks for the good info. I should have asked this before I reacquainted myself.

The reaquainting is only a Favour, so you haven’t lost much (except the chance to get the Firebrand instead, but the same structure applies: 100 Masquing to upgrade him to a new companion that unlocks a spouse that unlocks an upgraded spouse) AND you got a short epilogue about one of those weirdos you went on an adventure with, so that’s some value, at least.

can’t find the names of people who sent me gifts, if you would be so kind write them in reply to this message so I can send you a gift back.
Lorenzo Reboa

Because a rejected gift goes back to the sender, and rejecting takes no actions, there is a curious and certainly unintended economy. If two people exchange gifts, always accepting what the other sends, they will spend twice as many actions for the same gifts they would get if they each always rejected the gifts that were sent.

The same effect can be achieved by sending gifts and then cancelling them, but this would be rude if there’s another person behind that other account.

4 Likes

elderfleur, Thanks for the additional info. You are, of course, correct. I know nothing about the marriage option in this game and should probably look into that. I will start another thread in the general discussion area so as to not clutter this thread with an off-topic discussion. Thanks again.

G’day,

Hi JonBonBongi,
This is belerephon2. Here’s a link to my profile:
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/bellerophon2

I’m one of the people that sent you a gift, although mine has not been accepted yet. Here’s the message sent notification I see in my messages tab

From you: accept an Antediluvian Ushabti with User908632

If correspondence is becoming annoying or confusing, I believe I can just cancel the gift.

If you cancel the gift, then YOU will get the gift instead of the original recipient.

I never cancelled a gift before. Thank you, that’s god to know.

I could be wrong about this but I think it is more action efficient to offer a gift to someone and then cancel it. This is because offering and accepting a gift each cost an action (one by each person) while cancelling a gift does NOT cost an action. So the more efficient option is to arrange with someone to give gifts but not accept them. This would involve each of you giving gifts to the other and then cancelling them. No harm is done to either party and both parties spend half the actions to acquire gifts. This also allows you to get exactly the gifts you desire since you are sending them to yourself.

Let me emphasise the “arrange” aspect of this, because it is beyond rude to use another player in this way otherwise. It happened to me twice in the middle of the night last feast, and boy, was I p*ssed.

3 Likes