The Feast of the Exceptional Rose 2023!

I am looking for someone to exchange 70 Masqueing worth of FATE items with. Let me know if you’re interested! I hope to be happily espoused to the Secular Missionary, Ascendant, before the Festival is over!

Easier, if you like - send them to me (or someone you trust) and cancel.

snort you’re a genius thank you so much

Greetings @Sam34411. 10 days ago, you sent me a Custom-Engraved Skull. I accepted your kind offer and sent you one back in return. My return gift looks like it is still in the post. Please accept my Custom-Engraved Skull.

I’m not sure what happens if the gift is not accepted by the end of the feast. I guess it would be cancelled and returned to me. If that were to happen, I would have accepted a gift without reciprocating and that was certainly not my intent.

Regards, bellerophon2

Any gifts that are left unaccepted after the end of the feast can still be accepted or cancelled at any point.

I have one sitting in the out tray as well, in the exact same circumstances. I’m assuming this is a player who is mainly engaged in other areas of the game with no access to their messages (at zee, in Parabola, etc.)

KH

Still haven’t seen the dashed Lady in Lilac yet! Where the deuce is her card hiding? I’ve tried in Veilgarden, Spite, Moloch Street, The University. I know she won’t show up in Ladybones Road, so I’ve avoided drawing cards there. So I haven’t been able to pursue the new seasonal story past the carnival!

I wish they would make her a story instead of a card! So dashed frustrating!

You can force-draw her card with Favourable Circumstances, if you haven’t used it yet in this Time The Healer.

2 Likes

If you cancel a gift after the end of the feast do you still then receive it yourself? Or what you spent on it, or nothing?

If we don’t find out before the end of the feast then I’ll tell you because Mr. Eaten STILL hasn’t accepted my glass of teeth yet.

1 Like

It does return to the original sender, yes.

Thank you @KarolineHeidenreich and @alexanderfeld . Now that I know the gift can still be accepted after the feast, I will leave it in my outbox and try to give @Sam34411 more time.

One good turn deserves another, after all.

By thunder, I scoured London, yet neglected to search the old homestead!

Thank you so very much! I’ve used force-draw before, but didn’t think to try it for her.

Story and other business with the Lady in Lilac concluded. A successful feast for me - thanks to you, Dark Squirrel. You have my sincere gratitude!

1 Like

A fine feast, a fine one!

1 Like

I got my three non-Fate companions: Verity, Genre Painter, Ivy. Some kind person donated a ticket to me but I decided against getting either Ferret or the Abbott Commander.

The annual Feast goes like this:

1. Wait for the Feast card to appear on your deck, raise Masquing. Exchange gifts.

2. Second week: turn in gifts to the Lilac Lady to top up your Masquing (including Fate gifts), then exchange for the companion you desire with the other card ‘An Encounter at the Feast’.

3. During the event, you might want to get a tattoo, perhaps even the coveted Noman tattoo:
    Noman Tattoo (Guide) - Fallen London Wiki

4. You might also want to do the Trance dreams:
    An Arranger of Nuptial Phantasies - Fallen London Wiki

5. I haven’t completed Cave of the Nadir or got married, so matrimony stuff at the Feast is irrelevant to me.

And unused gifts can be kept for next year’s Feast.

A question - for the first time, I have enough Masquing to get a 100-masquing companion. I’m wondering about any particular benefits that the Incognito Princess and the Devil-May-Care-Dowager may have - are there any options that open up by having them? Are they upgradeable at another feast? Just wondering why some of the 80-Masquing companions seem to have better stats (for example, the Abbot-Commander is +2 Monstrous Anatomy but Captain Amelia is only +1.)

According to the wiki the Princess can be upgraded at Hallowmas and has some flavour text in an Exceptional Story, while the Dowager seems to have no special uses.

Captain Amelia has a use in the Light Fingers ambition, making a certain point in that story cost much less resources and she can also be married which gives you a permanent stat bonus in the Spouse slot. That may be a couple of the reasons why she costs more Fate than the Abbot, though the Abbot may of course gain more uses in the future.

To clarify, the companion isn’t upgraded, the companion was originally the requirement for also getting a nice Hat. However last year the Hat was available for Fate with or without the Princess. She does occasionally offer text in stories that feature her (like a bit in Crown of Thorns where, instead of sneaking into the Palace you can just, you know, ask her. Although if I remember correctly her answer is basically “mmm, no”)

Without obtaining masquing from turning in any gifts from other players and with only a 20 action candle (non-fate player), I managed to get to about 120 masquing (in 20 masquing increments) on both my main and alt. This allowed me to get all three 20 masquing companions, a bunch of other lower cost companions, and a tattoo on each character. This required around 70 draws of the rose card per character during the two weeks it was available.

1 Like