The Dullest Individual in Fallen London

[li]
Simple - you read his letter in the Newspaper.

[li]
Simple - you read his letter in the Newspaper.[/quote][/li][li]I deny any accusations of me having forgotton about it. Even if I actually did.[/li][li]

I too have been following with interest (who’d have thought that a dull individual would be so fascinating!) but he seems to have garnered quite a bit of attention already and I did not want to overwhelm the poor man on his first day or two. My alt, however, would be quite happy to make his acquaintance once he’s got his practice established. Hunting monsters of the 'Neath causes one to endure many physical hardships.

Part Five is up, at least as an early preview - no doubt I’ll want to edit it heavily come morning, but I didn’t think it right to keep you all waiting.

Most excellent Sir Frederick. I look forward to reading the good doctor’s continuing adventures in our fair city.

Wonderful; we enjoy cliffhangers. We wish they’d all go and die in separate, deep holes, but we enjoy them all the same.

Excellent work, as usual.

Just shuffled off my own contribution to the good Doctor’s reserves! Simply because it is immensely enjoyable to watch.

I get the feeling the Pabulous Physician has not one Mysterious Benefactor, but a dozen! Maybe he’s a secret champion of certain para-Bazaarine (f not meta-Bazaarine) forces?

Anyway, an appealing, and unsettling, report of a gentleman dealing with his morning correspondence.

[quote=HinterDemGlas]I get the feeling the Pabulous Physician has not one Mysterious Benefactor, but a dozen! Maybe he’s a secret champion of certain para-Bazaarine (f not meta-Bazaarine) forces?

Anyway, an appealing, and unsettling, report of a gentleman dealing with his morning correspondence.[/quote]

[li]
I think it has some to do with that, in a place with so much strangeness and intrigue and secrets, he’s so very NORMAL. At least, that’s why my character decided to send him a card of acquaintance (in fact, he outright insisted). As Snowskeeper said earlier in the thread, he’s so normal it’s abnormal for Fallen London, and Mr Kisigar feels that it’s admirable, in it’s own way. And hopefully, keep him from stumbling into the terrible knowledge that would strip that normalicy away, if possible.

Poor doctor. In a city where people would forgive you for trying to stab the Traitor Empress, he thinks his accidental stint in New Newgate is his personal apocalypse.

Another delightful update! I’m really enjoying these :D Poor doctor.

(I had to giggle at the mention of the Diogenes club too.)
edited by Inky Petrel on 1/30/2014

It almost seems fated that so much an everyman should be so watched by everyone.[li]

I wish I had a title so I could tutor the good doctor, but it seems someone has offered it already, and I’m holding out for a Paramount Presence anyways. In any case, I’ll be sure to send little gifts whenever I can! This little story has proven very entertaining and I wish to form part of it, if only as a two-sentences long footnote.

Any updates on our good Doctor?

Busy weekend, plus a hell of a wrangle to write, and a couple of much lighter and less criminal plotlines planned. Next update tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Oh, this IS lovely. Please continue your fine writing! I’m quite happy to have run across this…

Thank you all very much - your feedback is quite touching! Part Six is now up. Next time, the doctor shall learn more of death and devilry, and take on some new patients, great and small.

Loving the good doctor’s adventures. Thank you for doing this.

That was wonderful. We really don’t have any other words with which to describe it, which is problematic, considering our aspirations. You captured SF’s personality wonderfully, and the tension was beautifully managed. Well done, once again.

Another brilliant post. Thank you.